Toxic Leadership

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Toxic Leadership

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: Probably my lease favorite member of the Vikings organization ever, with the exception of Darren Sharper.
Agreed. I couldn't stand Chilly. I was a huge Sharper fan when he was here. I have his jersey and would never wear it again because of the hate I have for him when he went to the Saints and was involved in the bounty plus the fact that he raped more women than Bill Cosby
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I didn't mean here necessarily, but he did judge talent for his scheme quite well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I didn't mean here necessarily, but he did judge talent for his scheme quite well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Other than Favre circa 2009, I wouldn't agree.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Why do people continue to defend turner like he was some kind of savior that left mid season when the team had the best offense? You guys act like he didn't run the chargers into the ground, the browns after that and then the vikings. Dude left because he was gonna get fired for having damn near the worst offense in the last qtr century. It was downright abysmal. Given that, i find it hard to believe that he left due to something bad behind the scenes when zimmer was almost in tears the day after he left.

Turner is just bad, thats why he left instead of being fired
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Not only that, find me one past defensive player on any team zimmer has been on that has said anything actually bad about him or how he leads. Or how his practices are too much. Past players who have nothing to hold back. Because i havent seen a single one. Gimme a break. Ellison's dad is just salty for whatever reason. He went and chased a check because the vikings wouldnt pay him 8 mil a year like the giants. He is literally making 1 mil less a year than kelce and gronk. 2 more mil a year than rudolph. Lets be real here
MountainGirl
Rookie

Post by MountainGirl »

Boon wrote:Not only that, find me one past defensive player on any team zimmer has been on that has said anything actually bad about him or how he leads. Or how his practices are too much. Past players who have nothing to hold back. Because i havent seen a single one. Gimme a break. Ellison's dad is just salty for whatever reason. He went and chased a check because the vikings wouldnt pay him 8 mil a year like the giants. He is literally making 1 mil less a year than kelce and gronk. 2 more mil a year than rudolph. Lets be real here
Agreed. Zim's players love him. Also, what is it lately with grown men having their Daddies complain for them?
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

MountainGirl wrote: Agreed. Zim's players love him. Also, what is it lately with grown men having their Daddies complain for them?
Pretty sure they're not putting them up to it lol.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

MountainGirl wrote: Agreed. Zim's players love him. Also, what is it lately with grown men having their Daddies complain for them?

:lol:

Helicopter parents.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Turner is just bad, thats why he left instead of being fired
And because the front office didn't have the balls to fire him. instead they hire a bum whose only success came as Chip Kelly's lap dog. :wallbang:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote: And because the front office didn't have the balls to fire him. instead they hire a bum whose only success came as Chip Kelly's lap dog. :wallbang:
When would we have fired him? Because we lost two games in a row? Even the year before our offense wasn't great but we were still 11-5. We didn't necessarily need to fire him :confused:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mothman wrote: That's not what he said. He said:

"It's something people may not understand. It's not me against somebody else. The situation was such ... I don't think I could get done the things we needed to get done. It wasn't something you just wake up and decide. It's been building. It wasn't going to work with me. So let me get out of the way and let them have a chance to make it work."

I think it's important to acknowledge his obvious effort to be diplomatic and to understand that leaving midseason was surprisingly out of character for Turner. He made a point of saying it was a "building" situation. I think the key to understanding what happened probably lies in that comment and in his remark that "I don't think I could get done the things we needed to get done". Why? That comment sure makes it sound like an untenable situation was allowed to develop within the organization and led to Turner stepping aside.

From the same article linked to above:
That sure looks to me like a diplomatic way to say things were messed up within the organization.

That's letting the people actually involved in those losses off the hook pretty easily. The players and coaches involved in the last 9 games had something to do with the outcomes.
How about we look at what he actually said and leave out what we think he must have meant?

He said, "It wasn't going to work WITH ME."

He also said, "Sometimes, you feel like you might be holding them back, holding them back from things all getting on the same page. I don't want anyone to think I was bailing. It just wasn't working."

Sorry Norv, but even though you said you don't want anyone to think you were bailing, YOU BAILED. You quit. Period. You freaking quit. I don't care what the situation is, you don't just quit. Unrest, schmunrest. You quit. Good luck getting hired again.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Demi wrote: And because the front office didn't have the balls to fire him. instead they hire a bum whose only success came as Chip Kelly's lap dog. :wallbang:
I wouldn't necessarily label Shurmur as a bum. I feel like he is/will be an upgrade over Turner but that remains to be seen as the sample size with the Vikings is too small to fairly compare.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

autobon7 wrote: I wouldn't necessarily label Shurmur as a bum. I feel like he is/will be an upgrade over Turner but that remains to be seen as the sample size with the Vikings is too small to fairly compare.
Vikings sample size was too small. But before that, he had two solid seasons when Chip Kelly ran the offense. And a half dozen bottom of the leagues seasons when he ran the offense.

Last season when he took over? I saw what looked like a college offense...not an offense that could win in the NFL...
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

simply put, the game passed Norv by, as it has with many great coaches, It eventually passes every coach by. It will even pass Belicheck by too.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Zimmer tried to call Riki Ellison. Riki did not return his call. :lol:

via Zimmer on PA's show.

I love Zimmer.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins