Toxic Leadership

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Toxic Leadership

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

chicagopurple wrote:Yes it does....because any quality team you face will shut you down if you are that unbalanced. Moreover, the passing game wasnt great....it was better then last year but still the deep game was not on track. You forget that the QB was constantly getting pressured and dumping off short passes because he got NO time to let a play develop.
The deep ball was not "not on track". We were tied for 12th in the NFL in 20+ yard passing plays. Only 4 behind New England. And when you throw for almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs, I would say thats a pretty solid passing attack no less Bradford had a terrible OL in front of him

As for the beginning of your post, no they won't necessarily shut you down if you are that unbalanced. Detroit was an awful running team but they still made the playoffs due to a good passing game. No less we were neck and neck with them both times we played and if those wins were reversed (and it wasnt for Walsh in one game), we wouldve been the team in the playoffs.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Toxic Leadership

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote:
I think you're forgetting how much the offense struggled to score in at least 3 of those first 5 games. They didn't score a TD in week 1, managing only 4 FGs. They scored 17 in week 2 against GB. They scored just one TD and 2 FGs @Carolina. They were productive against the Giants and Texans but those were really the only two games out of the first 5 (or 7, for that matter) in which the offense was very effective.
I'm not really counting the Tennessee game when we have Shaun Hill at the helm.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri