View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm



Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
VikingPaul73 wrote:
I totally understand why AJ wouldn't come to the vikes. Why would an explosive big play deep threat come to a dink and dunk team with a 99% completion % as long as you get open within 3 yards and 0.3 seconds?????????

And why would the vikes want to sign AJ? I don't know but smart $$$ says internally they know Rick missed on yet another WR and they already know treadwell is a bust


You can't "already know Treadwell is a bust" when he barely gets any snaps and hasnt had a full offseason. That's ridiculous if they think like that.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Demi wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
JESUS CHRIST STOP CLOGGING UP THE BOARD WITH YOUR IDIOTIC ARGUMENTS. :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed:


I mean, the argument had everything to do with the thread subject though.


And is a pretty obvious argument to make. Why did the Vikings go after a receiver? Because they needed a receiver. They have a bunch of mid level guys at the position.
"But they produced!". Yeah, and Jeffery would have produced more....


And where is the logic behind that?? He's played 1 full season in 5 years, been nailed with substance abuse and has had 2 1,000 yard seasons in 5 years. "Mid level guys" wouldnt be practically at 1000 yards each by seasons end. Not sure why 903 yards and 967 yards all of the sudden count as "mid-level". Why? Because it's a 3 digit and not a 4 digit number? They were a combined 130 yards away from both being 1000 yard WRs. How many teams had 2 1,000 yard WRs last year?? But yeah, we have mid-level guys :roll:

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:43 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
CbusVikesFan wrote:
If the Vikings did try to sign AJ he would have immediately been the best threat on the Vikings. Not necessarily the best receiver, but the best threat. Who gives a crap about Treadwell, if he woulda, coulda, shoulda been on the field the Vikings would have had him out there. Who else drafts wr's in the first round that don't produce for whatever reason?
Bradford throwing to Jeffrey, Diggs, Rudy, and Thielen? Not a bad idea. Beefing up the line and finding a decent RB? Vikings could be very dangerous on offense with some smart moves.
So Jeffrey signed in Philly. Don't let the screen door hit ya. Either way, Vikings are moving forward.


Uh I care about Treadwell since we took him in the first round. Guys ahead of him produced. What are we going to do?? Bench Adam Thielen just so we can play a first round pick?? My goodness. Are guys just oblivious to this?? It's not like there was no production at the position and he still couldn't get on the field. I've said this time and time again, guys whined and cried about Waynes last year for the same reasons. WR is one of the hardest positions to learn. No less our OC was gone mid season. Cut the guy a break and give him a shot.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Demi wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

I mean, the argument had everything to do with the thread subject though.


And is a pretty obvious argument to make. Why did the Vikings go after a receiver? Because they needed a receiver. They have a bunch of mid level guys at the position.
"But they produced!". Yeah, and Jeffery would have produced more....


How many teams had 2 1,000 yard WRs last year?? But yeah, we have mid-level guys :roll:


How many didn't have any?

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:48 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
CbusVikesFan wrote:
If the Vikings did try to sign AJ he would have immediately been the best threat on the Vikings. Not necessarily the best receiver, but the best threat. Who gives a crap about Treadwell, if he woulda, coulda, shoulda been on the field the Vikings would have had him out there. Who else drafts wr's in the first round that don't produce for whatever reason?
Bradford throwing to Jeffrey, Diggs, Rudy, and Thielen? Not a bad idea. Beefing up the line and finding a decent RB? Vikings could be very dangerous on offense with some smart moves.
So Jeffrey signed in Philly. Don't let the screen door hit ya. Either way, Vikings are moving forward.


Bench Adam Thielen just so we can play a first round pick?? quote]

Of course not, Adam Thielen was the number two WR, Laqoun Treadwell, had one catch, I can only imagine that he was lower on the depth chart then third. :lol:

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:

How many didn't have any?


Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:02 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

How many didn't have any?


Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.


Your team had the 17th most receiving yards in the NFL.

You could do well to add another downfield receiver, I wouldn't fret on Alshon, there are other options, but calling it a day on your WRs would be not the brightest, especially with Patterson leaving.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:09 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

How many didn't have any?


Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.


Your team had the 17th most receiving yards in the NFL.

You could do well to add another downfield receiver, I wouldn't fret on Alshon, there are other options, but calling it a day on your WRs would be not the brightest, especially with Patterson leaving.


I never said we needed to call it a day. But we also don't need to pay a guy that hasnt produced in two years $15 mill a year. Clearly we need to add depth at the position but we don't need to break the bank for a guy. And that stat you provided also means nothing when I'm talking about our TWO WR's. A team receiving stat factors in all receiving when it comes to WR's, TE's, RB's. There are teams out there that had very good receiving RBs that boost that stat up. But thanks there Stevie Stats for providing that unnecessary information.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.


Your team had the 17th most receiving yards in the NFL.

You could do well to add another downfield receiver, I wouldn't fret on Alshon, there are other options, but calling it a day on your WRs would be not the brightest, especially with Patterson leaving.


I never said we needed to call it a day. But we also don't need to pay a guy that hasnt produced in two years $15 mill a year. Clearly we need to add depth at the position but we don't need to break the bank for a guy.


He has produced, rather well I might add.

He had 800+ yards last season in 12 games, and 800+ yards the season prior in 9 games. I understand being weary of his injuries of course, but production wise he has still been rather good, even in his worst year last year.

I think the Vikes probably offered him a reasonable priced 3 year contract, maybe a bit much but probably not full on "Break the bank" stratosphere.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

Dude it was 40 fricken yards for Thielen. And 97 for Diggs who was out 3 games. And still caught 84 balls. Would've probably hit 100 catches too.


Your team had the 17th most receiving yards in the NFL.

You could do well to add another downfield receiver, I wouldn't fret on Alshon, there are other options, but calling it a day on your WRs would be not the brightest, especially with Patterson leaving.


I never said we needed to call it a day. But we also don't need to pay a guy that hasnt produced in two years $15 mill a year. Clearly we need to add depth at the position but we don't need to break the bank for a guy. And that stat you provided also means nothing when I'm talking about our TWO WR's. A team receiving stat factors in all receiving when it comes to WR's, TE's, RB's. There are teams out there that had very good receiving RBs that boost that stat up. But thanks there Stevie Stats for providing that unnecessary information.


Yea, stats are always unnecessary information to you, especially when they don't align with your angle. :thumbsup:

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:26 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:
He has produced, rather well I might add.

He had 800+ yards last season in 12 games, and 800+ yards the season prior in 9 games. I understand being weary of his injuries of course, but production wise he has still been rather good, even in his worst year last year.

I think the Vikes probably offered him a reasonable priced 3 year contract, maybe a bit much but probably not full on "Break the bank" stratosphere.


You're hooked on this game by game stat. How about playing a whole season and producing?? Something neither guy you have talked about tonight has done in two years. Joe Blow could put up good 10 game statistics but that doesnt help us get to the next level. No less is a waste of money if you're paying them $15 million a year for ~10 games. Neither player you have talked about tonight have been relevant since 2014. I want durable guys that don't have recurrent injuries, get nabbed by the NFL for substance abuse, etc. Which is why I have said, neither are worth big contracts. I've seen enough injuries in the past year.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:28 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Like really, in regards to the merits of your WR core, you call receiving yards "Unnessecary information".

This is incredible.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:28 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
He has produced, rather well I might add.

He had 800+ yards last season in 12 games, and 800+ yards the season prior in 9 games. I understand being weary of his injuries of course, but production wise he has still been rather good, even in his worst year last year.

I think the Vikes probably offered him a reasonable priced 3 year contract, maybe a bit much but probably not full on "Break the bank" stratosphere.


You're hooked on this game by game stat. How about playing a whole season and producing?? Something neither guy you have talked about tonight has done in two years. Joe Blow could put up good 10 game statistics but that doesnt help us get to the next level. No less is a waste of money if you're paying them $15 million a year for ~10 games. Neither player you have talked about tonight have been relevant since 2014. I want durable guys that don't have recurrent injuries, get nabbed by the NFL for substance abuse, etc. Which is why I have said, neither are worth big contracts. I've seen enough injuries in the past year.


I misunderstood you PHP in my previous post here, my bad.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:30 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
He has produced, rather well I might add.

He had 800+ yards last season in 12 games, and 800+ yards the season prior in 9 games. I understand being weary of his injuries of course, but production wise he has still been rather good, even in his worst year last year.

I think the Vikes probably offered him a reasonable priced 3 year contract, maybe a bit much but probably not full on "Break the bank" stratosphere.


You're hooked on this game by game stat. How about playing a whole season and producing?? Something neither guy you have talked about tonight has done in two years. Joe Blow could put up good 10 game statistics but that doesnt help us get to the next level. No less is a waste of money if you're paying them $15 million a year for ~10 games. Neither player you have talked about tonight have been relevant since 2014. I want durable guys that don't have recurrent injuries, get nabbed by the NFL for substance abuse, etc. Which is why I have said, neither are worth big contracts. I've seen enough injuries in the past year.


What "Game by game" stat did I refer to? I only brought up his season yardage totals and the amount of games he played in, which are quite impressive.


You're referring to statistics in a smaller sample size. Yeah sweet, Jeffery had 800 yards in 12 games.....how about playing a whole season the past two years. That would be nice....and helpful. If I'm in a front office I'm not signing a guy that can give me 9-12 games. And thats what these guys have done the past two seasons.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

You're hooked on this game by game stat. How about playing a whole season and producing?? Something neither guy you have talked about tonight has done in two years. Joe Blow could put up good 10 game statistics but that doesnt help us get to the next level. No less is a waste of money if you're paying them $15 million a year for ~10 games. Neither player you have talked about tonight have been relevant since 2014. I want durable guys that don't have recurrent injuries, get nabbed by the NFL for substance abuse, etc. Which is why I have said, neither are worth big contracts. I've seen enough injuries in the past year.


What "Game by game" stat did I refer to? I only brought up his season yardage totals and the amount of games he played in, which are quite impressive.


You're referring to statistics in a smaller sample size. Yeah sweet, Jeffery had 800 yards in 12 games.....how about playing a whole season the past two years. That would be nice....and helpful. If I'm in a front office I'm not signing a guy that can give me 9-12 games. And thats what these guys have done the past two seasons.


With Jeffrey, I think that may be a valid concern, but you cant just look at any guy who had an injury of some sort the prior season and write them off as injury prone.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:34 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:
Like really, in regards to the merits of your WR core, you call receiving yards "Unnessecary information".

This is incredible.


Because I was talking about DIGGS AND THIELEN. I've said we need depth at the position which in turn, could compile more yards, along with a back that can catch the ball. That boosts that stat considerably. I do not believe we need a guy that costs $15 mill a year with what we already have. You can get a much cheaper alternative.

I mean they were rumored to go after Jeffery and....Floyd. Those are two different ends of the spectrum. Floyd is a bum/#4 WR that would come cheap. Jeffery wouldnt. I would take Floyd on a cheap contract for depth. I wouldnt want Jeffery with that salary. I don't believe we need it. Whats so hard to figure out

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:

With Jeffrey, I think that may be a valid concern, but you cant just look at any guy who had an injury of some sort the prior season and write them off as injury prone.


He's been injured and nailed for PEDs. He gets hit again for PEDs and he could be out much longer. No less, he's been injured. Not worth $15 million IMO. Lacy has been benched 1 year and hurt the next. Similar situation. They aren't worth big contracts. I would take either one on cheaper contracts but not $15 million and if Lacy wanted a bigger deal

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

With Jeffrey, I think that may be a valid concern, but you cant just look at any guy who had an injury of some sort the prior season and write them off as injury prone.


He's been injured and nailed for PEDs. He gets hit again for PEDs and he could be out much longer. No less, he's been injured. Not worth $15 million IMO. Lacy has been benched 1 year and hurt the next. Similar situation. They aren't worth big contracts. I would take either one on cheaper contracts but not $15 million and if Lacy wanted a bigger deal


Lacy wasn't truly benched, he just became Starks backup for a 4 game span, because for an earlier 4 game span he played alright, but Starks played fantastic with a 5.2 ypc.

You can sit here and try to use that as an indictment on him in lieu of actual statistics but it doesn't work because he ended .4 ypc behind AD. A year is judged on a full year, not a handful stretch of games. Starks would have put nearly any other RB on the sideline for that stretch where he earned the starting role.

Lacy's ankle is a valid concern and that is why he isn't already signed, if not for that I doubt the Packers let him hit free agency, its absolutely #### that we are letting a surefire top 10 RB hit FA, but that is today's NFL, RBs are often replaced.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:53 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

With Jeffrey, I think that may be a valid concern, but you cant just look at any guy who had an injury of some sort the prior season and write them off as injury prone.


He's been injured and nailed for PEDs. He gets hit again for PEDs and he could be out much longer. No less, he's been injured. Not worth $15 million IMO. Lacy has been benched 1 year and hurt the next. Similar situation. They aren't worth big contracts. I would take either one on cheaper contracts but not $15 million and if Lacy wanted a bigger deal


Lacy wasn't truly benched, he just became Starks backup for a 4 game span, because for an earlier 4 game span he played alright, but Starks played fantastic with a 5.2 ypc.

You can sit here and try to use that as an indictment on him in lieu of actual statistics but it doesn't work because he ended .4 ypc behind AD. A year is judged on a full year, not a handful stretch of games. Starks would have put nearly any other RB on the sideline for that stretch where he earned the starting role.

Lacy's ankle is a valid concern and that is why he isn't already signed, if not for that I doubt the Packers let him hit free agency, its absolutely #### that we are letting a surefire top 10 RB hit FA, but that is today's NFL, RBs are often replaced.


Bottom line was, he was benched. Going from a starter to a backup is being benched. No matter what way you look at it. But I'm not getting into Lacy anymore. Jeffery isn't worth 15 million IMO. Too much risk for my liking. Much rather go the depth route. We have big contracts coming up. No need to spend a lot of money on a position you're already good at. Provide depth in case of injury and fill other holes.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
He's been injured and nailed for PEDs. He gets hit again for PEDs and he could be out much longer. No less, he's been injured. Not worth $15 million IMO. Lacy has been benched 1 year and hurt the next. Similar situation. They aren't worth big contracts. I would take either one on cheaper contracts but not $15 million and if Lacy wanted a bigger deal


Lacy wasn't truly benched, he just became Starks backup for a 4 game span, because for an earlier 4 game span he played alright, but Starks played fantastic with a 5.2 ypc.

You can sit here and try to use that as an indictment on him in lieu of actual statistics but it doesn't work because he ended .4 ypc behind AD. A year is judged on a full year, not a handful stretch of games. Starks would have put nearly any other RB on the sideline for that stretch where he earned the starting role.

Lacy's ankle is a valid concern and that is why he isn't already signed, if not for that I doubt the Packers let him hit free agency, its absolutely #### that we are letting a surefire top 10 RB hit FA, but that is today's NFL, RBs are often replaced.


Bottom line was, he was benched. Going from a starter to a backup is being benched. No matter what way you look at it. But I'm not getting into Lacy anymore. Jeffery isn't worth 15 million IMO. Too much risk for my liking. Much rather go the depth route. We have big contracts coming up. No need to spend a lot of money on a position you're already good at. Provide depth in case of injury and fill other holes.


Yes, but it was due to another player playing fantastic, Starks outplayed nearly EVERY RB in the league for that dumb anomalic period of time, and Lacy took his job back in 4 weeks anyway. He wasn't benched our carry ratio was very close, Starks just went in first. Starks would have put about 90% of the NFLs rbs on the bench during that span of time, if not, then I'd like to hear why the guy he did momentarily displace finish with just .4 YPC behind the great AD who just had a good season?

But lets admit it, you have absolutely no statistics and nothing to even remotely discredit Lacy's on field production, so you are going to cling wildly to this and no matter how many times I point out that his season was just .4 ypc worse then ADs impressive season, you are going to cover your ears and say lalalalal, because that is what your narrative demands of you.

It doesn't make it any less non sensical, again, .4 ypc worse....

At any rate this is about the WRs and your assertion that your WRs are already good is, debatable to say the least. You had the 17th most receiving yards and no 1000 yard WRs, your third WR is leaving vie free agency, I don't think there are many people who agree you are already good at WR, I don't think your team even thinks that.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:12 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Jordysghost wrote:
\
Yes, but it was due to another player playing fantastic, Starks outplayed nearly EVERY RB in the league for that dumb anomalic period of time, and Lacy took his job back in 4 weeks anyway. He wasn't benched our carry ratio was very close, Starks just went in first. Starks would have put about 90% of the NFLs rbs on the bench during that span of time, if not, then I'd like to hear why the guy he did momentarily displace finish with just .4 YPC behind the great AD who just had a good season?

But lets admit it, you have absolutely no statistics and nothing to even remotely discredit Lacy's on field production, so you are going to cling wildly to this and no matter how many times I point out that his season was just .4 ypc worse then ADs impressive season, you are going to cover your ears and say lalalalal, because that is what your narrative demands of you.

It doesn't make it any less non sensical, again, .4 ypc worse....

At any rate this is about the WRs and your assertion that your WRs are already good is, debatable to say the least. You had the 17th most receiving yards and no 1000 yard WRs, your third WR is leaving vie free agency, I don't think there are many people who agree you are already good at WR, I don't think your team even thinks that.


Holy s### dude give up on Lacy. And like I said, we were 130 yards short between 2 guys of having 2 1,000 yard WRs. Thats good production no matter what way you look at it. And i don't know why you continue to mention the 17th in receiving aspect. That involves all positions that catch a ball. That stat means nothing. Especially when I'm referring to 2 WRs. The Lions were in a similar situation where Tate just broke 1000 yards and Jones had 930. But they had a guy like Theo Riddick that brought up that stat and they were ranked 12th. Boldin put up 580, not overly far away from Patterson. But you'll give them the credit because they were 12th and had a guy that had a 4 digit receiving number vs. a 3 digit?? Diggs wouldve easily been at 1000 given 3 more games. He wouldve had to average around 30 yards in 3 games to be below 1000. He was averaging 69 yards a game on the season. You're literally nitpicking over a few yards.

I said we need someone to fill Pattersons spot (could definitely be Treadwell) along with depth but we don't need a guy worth 15 million to do it. I simply feel that they thought they had a shot at him so why not try. If they were so desperate for a big name WR they wouldve made a much bigger push than they have. So no, I don't believe they feel its a necessity. Neither do I.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:38 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 843
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
VikingPaul73 wrote:
I totally understand why AJ wouldn't come to the vikes. Why would an explosive big play deep threat come to a dink and dunk team with a 99% completion % as long as you get open within 3 yards and 0.3 seconds?????????

And why would the vikes want to sign AJ? I don't know but smart $$$ says internally they know Rick missed on yet another WR and they already know treadwell is a bust



Or maybe it's more like Johnson was moving on and they are letting Patterson go.


Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:48 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:31 pm
Posts: 836
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Doesn't surprise me at all, we hear about players taking less deals to play elsewhere for some reason, some are valid but I cant help to think most see us for the #### franchise we are and actually want a chance at a ring?

_________________
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson


Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:17 am
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 3009
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
allday1991 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all, we hear about players taking less deals to play elsewhere for some reason, some are valid but I cant help to think most see us for the #### franchise we are and actually want a chance at a ring?


I doubt the Vikings offered him 15 mil a year, it was probably a little bit less then that , but a 3 year deal as opposed to a 1.

But even if they did offer him 15 mil a year, he signed with the Eagles so that he cash in on a good year and get the mega deal that pays him has a top 10 WR that he wasn't able to earn last year due to injury.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:28 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
allday1991 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all, we hear about players taking less deals to play elsewhere for some reason, some are valid but I cant help to think most see us for the #### franchise we are and actually want a chance at a ring?


So Philly has a better shot at getting a ring than us?? They haven't been able to win in quite some time now had a worse record than we did, and had a rookie QB crap the bed after game 3. Not so sure what's so appealing there

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:13 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3126
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
allday1991 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all, we hear about players taking less deals to play elsewhere for some reason, some are valid but I cant help to think most see us for the #### franchise we are and actually want a chance at a ring?


So Philly has a better shot at getting a ring than us?? They haven't been able to win in quite some time now had a worse record than we did, and had a rookie QB crap the bed after game 3. Not so sure what's so appealing there


For a lot of people Philadelphia is probably a bit more culturally comfortable than Minnesota. I wouldn't want to live in Philadelphia, but to each their own.

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:11 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 23726
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
allday1991 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all, we hear about players taking less deals to play elsewhere for some reason, some are valid but I cant help to think most see us for the #### franchise we are and actually want a chance at a ring?


So Philly has a better shot at getting a ring than us?? They haven't been able to win in quite some time now had a worse record than we did, and had a rookie QB crap the bed after game 3. Not so sure what's so appealing there


They had one fewer win last season, with a first year head coach and a rookie QB. They just started a rebuild and went 7-9. We're at what should be the end of Spielman's rebuild and our offensive coordinator quit midseason. We went 8-8.

We also have the Eagle's ex-offensive coordinator, and ex-QB that we traded a 1st round pick for... :hitfan:


Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
Demi wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
allday1991 wrote:
Doesn't surprise me at all, we hear about players taking less deals to play elsewhere for some reason, some are valid but I cant help to think most see us for the #### franchise we are and actually want a chance at a ring?


So Philly has a better shot at getting a ring than us?? They haven't been able to win in quite some time now had a worse record than we did, and had a rookie QB crap the bed after game 3. Not so sure what's so appealing there


They had one fewer win last season, with a first year head coach and a rookie QB. They just started a rebuild and went 7-9. We're at what should be the end of Spielman's rebuild and our offensive coordinator quit midseason. We went 8-8.

We also have the Eagle's ex-offensive coordinator, and ex-QB that we traded a 1st round pick for... :hitfan:


:roll: clearly not a bad move when he throws 20 tds and 5 picks and almost 4000 yards in 15 games.

And their "rebuild" wasn't nearly as significant as ours in 2012. They had a lot of significant pieces in place compared to us. We had no WRs, holes on the OL, an old DL, no LBs outside of Greenway and an awful secondary. QB was somewhat of a question mark at that time because Ponder was only going into his 2nd season

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile
Strong Safety
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:05 am
Posts: 11263
Location: California
Post Re: Alshon Jeffery Denies Vikings, Signs with Eagles
I wasn't real high on Jeffery, he has missed a lot of playing time, in the few years.. In fact i think Marshall
from the Jets would have helped us more.

_________________
Green Bay gets blown out at Home !!! Ohhh
Jordy .. the Bet is not going well....


Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.