2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

Post by Cliff »

I somehow didn't realize Locke was a free agent. I think they really dropped the ball on not resigning him.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Nunin wrote:i don't like letting Locke walk. He was a draft pick and he really did well last season. Zero compensation and now a need.
Agree....now our needs are OL, RB, P, K?, DT?, LB? development/back up QB
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

SP1966 wrote: Not a chance I would draft him. He may have learned his lesson and will be a good human being going forward, but no way I draft/sign a guy who laid a woman out like that, no way.
So if he decked out a guy, you'd have no problems drafting him? I love how a woman can basically tee off on a man but said guy has to show restraint. I don't believe in "oh, you aren't supposed to hit a woman" rather I go by the belief that people ought to keep their hands to themselves and not on anyone , man or woman. The only reason that this is such a boon of contention is that it was on videotape. Tyreke Hill, who was a rookie with the Chiefs also had domestic violence issues and those people in KC cheered him on regardless. Fact is, Mixon needs to address it head on, show remorse and people stop bringing it up.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Angels Wings wrote: So if he decked out a guy, you'd have no problems drafting him? I love how a woman can basically tee off on a man but said guy has to show restraint. I don't believe in "oh, you aren't supposed to hit a woman" rather I go by the belief that people ought to keep their hands to themselves and not on anyone , man or woman. The only reason that this is such a boon of contention is that it was on videotape. Tyreke Hill, who was a rookie with the Chiefs also had domestic violence issues and those people in KC cheered him on regardless. Fact is, Mixon needs to address it head on, show remorse and people stop bringing it up.
He has addressed it head on. He has shown remorse.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

autobon7 wrote: Agree....now our needs are OL, RB, P, K?, DT?, LB? development/back up QB
Actually the Vikings signed a punter in January and apparently are very happy with him. That is why they let Locke walk. Atleast that is what I heard this morning.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Actually the Vikings signed a punter in January and apparently are very happy with him. That is why they let Locke walk. Atleast that is what I heard this morning.
Yes. They signed Taylor Symmank. He was a punter at Texas Tech. They also added Kicker Marshall Koehn to their offseason roster as well.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yes. They signed Taylor Symmank. He was a punter at Texas Tech. They also added Kicker Marshall Koehn to their offseason roster as well.
Thanks, couldn't remember names.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@Andrew_Krammer
10m
#Vikings make official the signing of tackle Riley Reiff

@eric_j_thompson
53m
Patterson's Snapchat. Heading to Charlotte. twitter.com/bloomer31/stat…

Gee Kalil signed, CP and Captain rumored having interest.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Norv Zimmer wrote:http://www.24sportsupport.com/report-ed ... n-vikings/

Wonder if this is true
The Vikings signing a Packer, sound legit!
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Seems kind of weird that that is the only site to have broke the news/rumor. I remain skeptical.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Ugh, I'm not too thrilled about them signing fat boy. An upgrade to Asiata for sure but this is a good draft for RB's, would prefer FA money spent elsewhere.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Norv Zimmer wrote:http://www.24sportsupport.com/report-ed ... n-vikings/

Wonder if this is true
After looking around, this is probably bullcrap.

Schefter says Lacy is visiting Seattle today, the Vikings tomorrow or Sunday, before finally revisiting the Packers. Why would he all of a sudden decide against that, and why would this random obscure sport site know about it before anyone else? Yea, probably not.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote:Ugh, I'm not too thrilled about them signing fat boy. An upgrade to Asiata for sure but this is a good draft for RB's, would prefer FA money spent elsewhere.
You call him fat because he had one season where he was overweight? His average was 4.1 ypc that season regardless.

Lol, at comparing him to Asiata, he is closer to being Adrian Peterson then he is to being Matt Asiata.

That said, I understand wanting to test the RB draft class, that is probably the only reason a guy like him isn't signed yet.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

What's criminal about the Joe Mixon case is that the girl got off without being charged for assault. Also please stop calling it Domestic Violence. She was a stranger who put her hands on him twice before she was decked.