2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Signings Thread

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Ellison to the Giants
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Riley Reiff, OT, VIkings :)

Adam Schefter is reporting that Riley Reiff, OT, will sign with the Vikings. Terms are unknown at this point.

ESPN

Rhett Ellison, TE, Giants

NJ.com is reporting the Giants have signed Rhett Ellison to a contract. Terms are unknown at this point.

NJ.com
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Now I want Okung to play left tackle, and maybe take a flyer on fluker cheap for right guard.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Rhett Ellison, TE, Giants

Ian Rapport is reporting Ellison will make $8 million on a 4 year/18 million deal with the Giants.

Source: NFLN
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Megatron
Rookie

Post by Megatron »

Lions fan here. Congrats on signing Reiff, I know you guys were really in need of a tackle.

Reiff is about as average as a tackle can possibly be. He can play either LT or RT, being perfectly average at both. He will have a few games that are slightly above average, and a few that are below average that might have some of you pulling your hair out. Where Reiff really struggles is with speed rushers. He isn't especially good in the run game.

Congrats again, and hopefully you guys didn't pay too much.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He is better than Kalil imo

Liking the moves, drinking the Kool aid
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

jackal wrote:He is better than Kalil imo

Liking the moves, drinking the Kool aid
I agree. A ham and cheese sandwich is better than Kalil. Not sure what the Panthers were thinking.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

i don't like letting Locke walk. He was a draft pick and he really did well last season. Zero compensation and now a need.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Nunin wrote:i don't like letting Locke walk. He was a draft pick and he really did well last season. Zero compensation and now a need.
I agree, can't figure that one out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Nunin wrote:i don't like letting Locke walk. He was a draft pick and he really did well last season. Zero compensation and now a need.
I agree 1,000%. I can't imagine he would be that expensive either. What punters are available?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
beerfan
Backup

Post by beerfan »

Are we looking at Kickers too? Wasnt the guy we signed midseason (blanking on the name cause its been a long day of drinking on the beach) only signed through the rest of the season?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
SP1966
Franchise Player

Post by SP1966 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Apparently Zimmer, Speilman, and our running backs coach were at RB Joe Mixon Pro day today. In my eyes the kid made a big mistake 3 years ago, he has accepted it and done everything asked of him since then. I don't think anyone really knows besides the two involved what really happened that night. I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting this kid.
Not a chance I would draft him. He may have learned his lesson and will be a good human being going forward, but no way I draft/sign a guy who laid a woman out like that, no way.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

beerfan wrote:Are we looking at Kickers too? Wasnt the guy we signed midseason (blanking on the name cause its been a long day of drinking on the beach) only signed through the rest of the season?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Kai Forbath. I don't think he'll be tough to replace. His accuracy was okay last year but he's seriously bad on kickoffs.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

S197 wrote: Kai Forbath. I don't think he'll be tough to replace. His accuracy was okay last year but he's seriously bad on kickoffs.
I'd like to see them sign Zurlien from the Rams. They let him go today. He's got a cannon of a leg (hence the "Greg-the-leg" nickname) and most of his struggles where when Fisher lost his mind and had him kicking 55+ kicks routinely.