Peterson headed to free agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Peterson headed to free agency

Post by Nunin »

808vikingsfan wrote:

I think you nailed it. That's how I see it going down too.
You're not the only one. Found this in another forum:

[–]vita10gy 5 points 4 hours ago
I'm afraid he's going to go to the packers for $1 over vet min, rush for 2800 yards, and be Superbowl MVP in USBank stadium.
[/quote]

they left out the part where he rides off on a camel. :ripple:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think Peterson has wanted out of Minnesota since the beginning of 2015 season.
So now he got his wish and things aren't going quiet as he expected...careful what you wish for.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:I think Peterson has wanted out of Minnesota since the beginning of 2015 season.
So now he got his wish and things aren't going quiet as he expected...careful what you wish for.
Yeah he would have gotten a lot more money here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Honestly he really hasn't done much in the last couple seasons between Peterson and Kalil
money we could afford several players now. We got rid of so much dead weight this year.

I think peterson will have a medicore year and then a terrible one and retire.. just the same
as E. Smith did when he left the Cowgirls for Arizona for two years ??
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This is from the article about Mark Wilf I just posted in the "Rick Spielman hasn't lost faith..." thread:
Vikings owner Mark Wilf said ownership spoke to Adrian Peterson on the phone “a couple of times” following his release and in person after the 2016 season.

“It’s all good there with Adrian,” Wilf said today during a break in the annual league meetings at the Arizona Biltmore hotel in Phoenix. “A lot of good memories, and I know he’s got a lot of great football left in him. He’s brought us and our fans a lot of thrills over the years.”
“Adrian is one of the greatest Vikings of all-time,” Wilf said. “We have a lot of respect for him. The day we drafted him to today, he’s really one of the greatest Vikings of all-time. We have a lot of respect for him and we know he’ll always be a part of the Minnesota Vikings family. And he knows that. We’ve told him that personally.”
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I think it's clear that they have a lot of respect for him :D
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:I think it's clear that they have a lot of respect for him :D

It seems so. I'd like to think they parted amicably.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: It seems so. I'd like to think they parted amicably.
It seems they did, but I was also kind of poking fun at the statement lol

“Adrian is one of the greatest Vikings of all-time,” Wilf said. “We have a lot of respect for him. The day we drafted him to today, he’s really one of the greatest Vikings of all-time. We have a lot of respect for him and we know he’ll always be a part of the Minnesota Vikings family. And he knows that. We’ve told him that personally.”
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote: It seems they did, but I was also kind of poking fun at the statement lol

How did I miss the joke? :oops:
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: How did I miss the joke? :oops:
Probably because it wasn't particularly funny! :banana:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:Probably because it wasn't particularly funny! :banana:
That's it!

;)
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

I really respect AP as a running back but if he signs with this Saints Ill be really dissapointed.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wouldn't it be beyond horrible, if for some reason, he signed with the Packers? I dont know if I could take that.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Wouldn't it be beyond horrible, if for some reason, he signed with the Packers? I dont know if I could take that.
For me, that depends. If he goes there and gets a nice chunk of money from them and gets their hopes up only to fumble a lot and never fully make it back from his injury, it would seem like poetic justice to me. But I'd much rather see AD have at least mild success with whomever he ends up playing for.

I think it's interesting how long he's been on the market and how teams are taking a look at him and not biting. I suspect he continues to over value his own talent and ability at this stage in his career.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I don't think we will see much interest in AP until after the draft. Not sure that I would count the Patriots out.
Kind of a kick in the nuts to AP....the Raiders trying to bring Marshawn out of retirement and passing on AP. I'm sure that has to be on his mind some.