Peterson headed to free agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Peterson headed to free agency

Post by 720pete »

Now that he has a new team, how long before he starts saying bad things about the Vikings organization?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

720pete wrote:Now that he has a new team, how long before he starts saying bad things about the Vikings organization?
Hopefully, he won't... and hopefully they won't either. It would be nice if this parting of ways could stay on friendly terms.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Mothman wrote: Hopefully, he won't... and hopefully they won't either. It would be nice if this parting of ways could stay on friendly terms.
I agree but he has a history of putting his foot in his mouth (i.e. NFL football is "like modern day slavery"). Hopefully he will remember that the Minnesota Vikings gave him hundreds of millions of dollars to play for them.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

720pete wrote:Now that he has a new team, how long before he starts saying bad things about the Vikings organization?
I doubt he'll say anything about the organization, but I fully expect him to speak negatively of the climate and perhaps the culture of MN. At the very least, he'll note that he feels more "at home" in the gulf region, which is no biggie in my book.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote: I doubt he'll say anything about the organization, but I fully expect him to speak negatively of the climate and perhaps the culture of MN. At the very least, he'll note that he feels more "at home" in the gulf region, which is no biggie in my book.
It might even prove to be true since he's from the south in the first place.

I see Pete's concern though. AD has put his foot in his mouth more than once over the years.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: It might even prove to be true since he's from the south in the first place.

I see Pete's concern though. AD has put his foot in his mouth more than once over the years.
Not just the south, he's from Palestine, TX, but considers Houston home, which is the next major city west of NO on the Gulf. Lots of Katrina folks ended up in Houston and the two share some cultural similarities.

AD has certainly not been smart about what he says. That's one of my lasting memories of him.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:Not just the south, he's from Palestine, TX, but considers Houston home, which is the next major city west of NO on the Gulf. Lots of Katrina folks ended up in Houston and the two share some cultural similarities.
Thanks for that reminder. For some reason, when it comes to Houston, my geography always goes out the window. I conflate it's location with San Antonio and inevitably end up thinking it's much further west than it's actual location.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: 296

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You know what most people forget about that game is this. Chester Taylor had 60 yards rushing and T. Jackson had 19. The Chargers couldn't stop anyone that night.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Raptorman wrote: You know what most people forget about that game is this. Chester Taylor had 60 yards rushing and T. Jackson had 19. The Chargers couldn't stop anyone that night.
Didn't Peterson have only like 50 yards at halftime?
Plus, remember Jackson was injured early. He could have had a much higher number too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

It was like 43 in the first half. 104 in the third quarter and 140+ in the fourth.

http://pfref.com/tiny/MGiML
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

For those of you still interested, AD spoke to the media yesterday about signing with the Saints:

http://www.startribune.com/peterson-sco ... 421091363/
Peterson said he had productive meetings with New England and Seattle and had penciled in meetings with other teams after the draft, but decided he would be happiest in New Orleans — even though the Saints, led by quarterback Drew Brees, boasted the NFL's top passing offense last season and also have incumbent starting running back Mark Ingram on the roster.

"Ultimately, what it came down to for me was the comfort level I had when I visited here in New Orleans — just the feel that I had for the city and the organization," Peterson said.

"I could have easily said, 'You know what? I'll wait 'till the draft and take these other couple visits.' ... I could've went that route, but ultimately, in my heart, in my soul, in my spirit, playing for the Saints is what felt right."

Peterson added that he's eager to work with Ingram to improve the Saints' running game.

"I am going to put my arm around that guy and teach him all I can teach him. We are going to do this thing together," Peterson said. "Obviously, I know what type of offense New Orleans runs and it has kind of been that way for years now, and there has always been multiple backs in their system. I knew what I was getting myself into and I am comfortable with that."
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Adrian Peterson aiming for big night against Vikings
“I can let them know (that) when I was doing that talking, telling them, ‘Hey, I’ll hit you guys for 150 or 200 yards,’ that I wasn’t just talking,” he said. “They’ll see.”

When first asked about facing the Vikings, Peterson joked, “Revenge.”
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-to-them/
Adrian Peterson wants to show Vikings defenders what he can do to them
“It’s going to be fun to go against those guys so I can let them know [when] I was doing that talking, telling them, ‘Hey, I’ll hit you guys for 150 or 200 yards,’ that I wasn’t just talking,” Peterson told the Saints’ official website, via ESPN.com. “They’ll see.”

The threshold question is how much anyone will see Peterson on the field during that game. Mark Ingram is the starter; while Peterson perhaps quietly adds “for now” to that title, it’s not his call as to which guy sits atop the depth chart. Peterson also could be pinched from below by rookie third-rounder Alvin Kamara.

For now, Peterson isn’t focused on those details. He’s simply focused on Week One.

“It’s going to be exciting,” Peterson said, joking that “revenge” is part of his motivation. “You know, it’s just ironic. When the schedule came out and I saw that, I was like, ‘Wow, this is meant to be.’ So many great memories down there in Minnesota. Great fan base. They supported me through everything, throughout my career, so just to embrace the love once I get there will be exciting.”
Good to see he's still worried about the "I" and not the team. :roll:

Irony? Meant to be? So many great memories down there in Minnesota? Down from where?

:deadhorse:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Same ole AD. No Class. But man, could he ever run.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... o-to-them/
Good to see he's still worried about the "I" and not the team. :roll:

Irony? Meant to be? So many great memories down there in Minnesota? Down from where?

:deadhorse:
I wouldnt be surprized if Mixon showed his color very soon. I hope i am right. Its a long long time.