Peterson headed to free agency

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Peterson headed to free agency

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:I get it, Adrian is anything but subtle. But Jim's point is spot on: the tone of the interview was in jest.

Do I think AD is half joking, half serious? Possibly. Do I think he'll come out and play extra hard because it is against us? Definitely. Not because he's felt slighted by the MN Vikings, just because of ego, and the whole world will be watching. At least, those that give a rip about this silly sport we follow.
... and the Vikings defense will likely play extra hard against him for the same reasons. They're all competitors and it's a natural impulse for these players to want to perform well against their ex-teammate(s).
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm pretty sad the Peterson era ended like it did. I feel like we were robbed of 2-3 seasons of awesomeness.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:I'm pretty sad the Peterson era ended like it did. I feel like we were robbed of 2-3 seasons of awesomeness.
Same here.

Too many great Vikings players have finished their careers with other teams.
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Mothman wrote: Same here.

Too many great Vikings players have finished their careers with other teams.
That seems to be the case, even with all-time greats, Tomlinson, Favre, Manning finished their careers elsewhere--I'm sure there are many others. Considering his off field issues, health, and his general attitude toward the team I am glad he moved on...not in a bitter kind of way, but it was time for a change.