View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Peterson headed to free agency 
Franchise Player

Post Re: Peterson headed to free agency
808vikingsfan wrote:

I think you nailed it. That's how I see it going down too.

You're not the only one. Found this in another forum:

Quote:
[–]vita10gy 5 points 4 hours ago
I'm afraid he's going to go to the packers for $1 over vet min, rush for 2800 yards, and be Superbowl MVP in USBank stadium.
[/quote]

they left out the part where he rides off on a camel. :ripple:

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:43 am
All Pro Elite Player

I think Peterson has wanted out of Minnesota since the beginning of 2015 season.
So now he got his wish and things aren't going quiet as he expected...careful what you wish for.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:10 am
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote:
I think Peterson has wanted out of Minnesota since the beginning of 2015 season.
So now he got his wish and things aren't going quiet as he expected...careful what you wish for.

Yeah he would have gotten a lot more money here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Strong Safety

Honestly he really hasn't done much in the last couple seasons between Peterson and Kalil
money we could afford several players now. We got rid of so much dead weight this year.

I think peterson will have a medicore year and then a terrible one and retire.. just the same
as E. Smith did when he left the Cowgirls for Arizona for two years ??

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm
Defensive Tackle

This is from the article about Mark Wilf I just posted in the "Rick Spielman hasn't lost faith..." thread:

Quote:
Vikings owner Mark Wilf said ownership spoke to Adrian Peterson on the phone “a couple of times” following his release and in person after the 2016 season.

“It’s all good there with Adrian,” Wilf said today during a break in the annual league meetings at the Arizona Biltmore hotel in Phoenix. “A lot of good memories, and I know he’s got a lot of great football left in him. He’s brought us and our fans a lot of thrills over the years.”

Quote:
“Adrian is one of the greatest Vikings of all-time,” Wilf said. “We have a lot of respect for him. The day we drafted him to today, he’s really one of the greatest Vikings of all-time. We have a lot of respect for him and we know he’ll always be a part of the Minnesota Vikings family. And he knows that. We’ve told him that personally.”

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:32 pm
Site Admin

I think it's clear that they have a lot of respect for him :D

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:

It seems so. I'd like to think they parted amicably.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 pm
Site Admin

Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:

It seems they did, but I was also kind of poking fun at the statement lol

“Adrian is one of the greatest Vikings of all-time,” Wilf said. “We have a lot of respect for him. The day we drafted him to today, he’s really one of the greatest Vikings of all-time. We have a lot of respect for him and we know he’ll always be a part of the Minnesota Vikings family. And he knows that. We’ve told him that personally.”

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:59 am
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:

How did I miss the joke? :oops:

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:34 am
Site Admin

Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:
Mothman wrote:

How did I miss the joke? :oops:

Probably because it wasn't particularly funny! :banana:

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 am
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:
Probably because it wasn't particularly funny! :banana:

That's it!

;)

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:54 am
Starter

I really respect AP as a running back but if he signs with this Saints Ill be really dissapointed.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:26 pm
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't it be beyond horrible, if for some reason, he signed with the Packers? I dont know if I could take that.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:07 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Wouldn't it be beyond horrible, if for some reason, he signed with the Packers? I dont know if I could take that.

For me, that depends. If he goes there and gets a nice chunk of money from them and gets their hopes up only to fumble a lot and never fully make it back from his injury, it would seem like poetic justice to me. But I'd much rather see AD have at least mild success with whomever he ends up playing for.

I think it's interesting how long he's been on the market and how teams are taking a look at him and not biting. I suspect he continues to over value his own talent and ability at this stage in his career.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:49 am
All Pro Elite Player

I don't think we will see much interest in AP until after the draft. Not sure that I would count the Patriots out.
Kind of a kick in the nuts to AP....the Raiders trying to bring Marshawn out of retirement and passing on AP. I'm sure that has to be on his mind some.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:39 pm
Hall of Famer

Im also afraid, when he find out near the start of the new season, and he didnt get a big contract, hes going to blame it all on the Vikings. When he has made so much money here. I honestly would rather pick up some later round draft pick like Hunt, then even give AD a 3-4 million dollar contract. Would love to see a Mixon/Murray tandom but I doubt that happens.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:44 pm
Defensive Tackle

I suspect the events of 2014 make Peterson less appealing to some teams.

I expected this to play out more or less the way it has and I honestly don't think it really matters since he'll probably find his way onto a team and then it's how he performs on the field that will matter. After getting a little older and suffering another injury last season, it's not clear what he'll still be able to do but we're only one season removed from a 1400+ yard performance that led the league in rushing and yielded TDs in the double digits. I doubt the 2015 Vikings would have even sniffed the playoffs without his performance that year. The difference between a team making or missing the postseason seems pretty darn valuable to me and he wouldn't have to make as much difference to a team in 2017 to still be quite valuable. Put him on the right roster and I'm betting he has at least one more 1000+ yard, 10+ TD season in him.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out but I wish him well.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm
All Pro Elite Player

The Saints and Packers, don't they run out of the shotgun a lot? Doesn't seem like a good fit for either team

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

It would still not surprise me if he stayed here. I am not impressed with McKinnon and we can get rid of him for all I care.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

From Peter King:

Quote:
Adrian Peterson might wait (or have to wait) until after the draft to sign. But the good sign, I hear, is that he’s willing to play for a reasonable sum for a 32-year-old back with two washout seasons in the past three years. I hear in the right situation he would be willing to play for $5 million or less. He’s had a few visits, the most recent of which was New Orleans, which could hold some fascination because of the proximity to Peterson’s Houston home, and because Sean Payton would know well how to use him. But right now I’m told there’s no leader in the clubhouse. After the draft is smarter for him and for teams, because that’s when teams can see most clearly their needs.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 am
Backup

I still think he ends up on the Giants on a two year deal. Then after that deal expires, he looks to go "home" to end his career on a part-time role, either in Hou or Dal. With NY passing game, he would be pretty effective, one would think. All of the other teams being mentioned still have other top backs on their team (assuming Lynch signs with Oak).

Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:29 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

cmoss84 wrote:
I still think he ends up on the Giants on a two year deal. Then after that deal expires, he looks to go "home" to end his career on a part-time role, either in Hou or Dal. With NY passing game, he would be pretty effective, one would think. All of the other teams being mentioned still have other top backs on their team (assuming Lynch signs with Oak).

Tampa seems the natural fit to me at this point.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 pm
Backup

Week 1 vs. the Saints might have just gotten really interesting (not that it wasn't a great game from the beginning). Looks like AP is going to sign and split time with Ingram.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

Sources: #Saints & Adrian Peterson believed to be closing in on a deal that’d pay him $3M+ in ’17. Not done, but moving in that direction.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:47 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

Sources: #Saints & Adrian Peterson believed to be closing in on a deal that’d pay him $3M+ in ’17. Not done, but moving in that direction.

He must have finally woke up nd realized he wasn't going to be a full time back anymore. I still question how he will be used by NO because Brees is on the shotgun a lot.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle

PurpleMustReign wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet

He must have finally woke up nd realized he wasn't going to be a full time back anymore. I still question how he will be used by NO because Brees is on the shotgun a lot.

They've always done a fair amount of power running and it's not like he can't play from the shotgun. He might do much better running out of it on a team where defenses will have to actually respect it as a passing formation instead of just keying on him anyway.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:50 pm
Hall of Famer

Didn't want to see him go to the Packers, Seahawks, or the Saints. And he goes to the Saints. Short Memory Sean Patton, Didn't AD get Fumble happy n the NFC championship game in New Orleans. I always though it was ironic or Ego driven that a RB who Fumbles in Key Game Moments Walks around Shaking peoples hand with a Death Grip.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Laserman wrote:
Didn't want to see him go to the Packers, Seahawks, or the Saints. And he goes to the Saints. Short Memory Sean Patton, Didn't AD get Fumble happy n the NFC championship game in New Orleans. I always though it was ironic or Ego driven that a RB who Fumbles in Key Game Moments Walks around Shaking peoples hand with a Death Grip.

From a Vikings fan perspective, its a great fit. He probably won't be the lead back, he isn't a system fit, and he probably won't put up huge numbers in their offense which would lead to massive second guessing. Also, he's not in division or on a team that is a real rival. I'm sure the Wilfs are happy that he is in New Orleans.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:54 am
Site Admin

It's official. Peterson is a Saint.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-contract

Quote:
The face of the Minnesota Vikings for a decade finalized a two-year deal with the New Orleans Saints that will pay Peterson $7 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the situation. The deal included $3.5 million guaranteed in 2017. Rapoport added the Saints were the only team to formally offer a deal to Peterson this offseason.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 am
Career Elite Player

The NFL wins because ratings for the opening MNF game just doubled!!!!!

Well we've debated on here for years whether AD could be successful in a shotgun offense. At least we should get a lot of data to evaluate next year :D

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next