View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc) 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
DK Sweets wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Wonder how you find a really good kicker. Even good ones like we had in Walsh become headcases that cost us chance at a playoff spot. And no HC has faith in the to make the big kick.

Honestly, I like Forbath. Lets not forget, his FG percentage since he's been here is very high. XPs worry me more than anything. Last year he was 15 for 15 on FGs and this year he's 24 for 28 with a couple of those being blocked which wasnt his fault.

XPs on the other hand, he missed 3 last year and 5 this year.

He's missed 4 FGs and 8 XPs since being here. That is a very strange statistic. Almost half of those were blocked. Overall, I think he's the best we're going to find right now.
Also my wife and I enjoy yelling KAI (almost a bird sound) when he make a field goal, so he stays.

:lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:02 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Andrew Krammer‏
@Andrew_Krammer

Mike Remmers is out of the protocol and will get some work today at practice, per Zimmer

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

808vikingsfan wrote:
Andrew Krammer‏
@Andrew_Krammer

Mike Remmers is out of the protocol and will get some work today at practice, per Zimmer

About time. That was a lengthy concussion. Hopefully he's not too rusty.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm
Commissioner

11/29

Kendricks: DNP (hip)
Remmers: Limited (low back)
Sendejo: Full Participation

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:03 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

dead_poet wrote:
11/29

Ouch. I was thinking for the Vikings to be successful VS ATL, both Barr and Kendricks would need to have monster games.

Who's behind Kendricks?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:13 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Quote:
ATLANTA FALCONS WED INJURY REPORT

Matt Bryant 3 K Back Did Not Part.
Brian Poole 34 CB Back Did Not Part.
Desmond Trufant 21 CB Concussion Did Not Part.
Terron Ward 28 RB Shoulder/Knee Limited Part.
Ty Sambrailo 74 T Hamstring Limited Part.
Andy Levitre 67 G Knee Limited Part.
Julio Jones 11 WR Ankle Limited Part.
Justin Hardy 14 WR Shoulder Limited Part.
Devonta Freeman 24 RB Concussion Full Part.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:01 pm
Commissioner

808vikingsfan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
11/29

Ouch. I was thinking for the Vikings to be successful VS ATL, both Barr and Kendricks would need to have monster games.

Who's behind Kendricks?

Brothers is listed as #2 on the depth chart but I wonder if Wilson would be the preferred option. Would be a downgrade either way.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 pm
Hall of Famer

Cant afford to miss Kendricks. He is our best LB, in spite of missing a few tackles. He cant be replaced. Bad game to have a key LB hurt or out.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 am
Starting Wide Receiver

When did kendricks get hurt?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

11/30

Kendricks back at practice. Only one out is Remmers, who was listed yesterday with low back (not concussion).

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 pm
Fenrir

dead_poet wrote:
11/30

Kendricks back at practice. Only one out is Remmers, who was listed yesterday with low back (not concussion).

Wasn't one of the pros for this guy that he's really durable and was rarely injured?

Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:12 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Cant afford to miss Kendricks. He is our best LB, in spite of missing a few tackles. He cant be replaced. Bad game to have a key LB hurt or out.

I don't think he is the best LB this year, but still extremely vital. One of the keys to winning into December/January is staying healthy and so far they have been relatively fortunate in that regard. I was hoping the few extra days would see everyone being healthy for Sunday. There's still time, I guess.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:48 pm
Commissioner

S197 wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
11/30

Wasn't one of the pros for this guy that he's really durable and was rarely injured?

Yeah. Prior to signing with the Vikings, Remmers started every game for two seasons for the Carolina Panthers, and made 37 total starts in his career.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm
Hall of Famer

PacificNorseWest wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:

I don't think he is the best LB this year, but still extremely vital. One of the keys to winning into December/January is staying healthy and so far they have been relatively fortunate in that regard. I was hoping the few extra days would see everyone being healthy for Sunday. There's still time, I guess.

When Barr starts hitting the QB on his blitzes, maybe I will say hes our best LB. Right now he isnt. Too each their own.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:46 pm
Career Elite Player

Not always about the sack. Barr has been ballin' this year and has came up huge on many drives. Lemme know when Kendricks stops missing tackles though...

Normally I would agree with Kendricks being the best, but Barr has elevated his game and Kendricks keeps missing tackles. Good problem to have I suppose.

Edit: I should've let with Barr hitting Rodgers which single-handedly ruined GB's season and made Minnesota the easy favorites for the North...dangit.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 pm
Hall of Famer

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Not always about the sack. Barr has been ballin' this year and has came up huge on many drives. Lemme know when Kendricks stops missing tackles though...

Normally I would agree with Kendricks being the best, but Barr has elevated his game and Kendricks keeps missing tackles. Good problem to have I suppose.

kendricks has missed a few. Lets me know when Barr starts hitting the QB. Like he did years ago. His blitzing attack certainly has elevated, its deflated.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:02 pm
Career Elite Player

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:

kendricks has missed a few. Lets me know when Barr starts hitting the QB. Like he did years ago. His blitzing attack certainly has elevated, its deflated.

Peep the edit to my previous post. He ended the season for Rodgers on one hit... :D

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:

I think Kendricks will be very important for the Vikings to be successful vs ATL. Seems like ATL covers sideline to sideline with their running plays. Gonna need Kendrick's (and Barr's) closing speed.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Surprising stat. Vikings have only 3 sacks not made by the DL (Kendricks, Barr, and Smith all with one each).

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:04 am
Starting Wide Receiver

808vikingsfan wrote:
Surprising stat. Vikings have only 3 sacks not made by the DL (Kendricks, Barr, and Smith all with one each).
They aren't blitzing much. I wish they would more, especially when they are winning. Go for the jugular type thing.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

PurpleMustReign wrote:
They aren't blitzing much

This. The LBs aren't getting sacks because our front four is awesome and doesn't need help getting pressure on the QB. This frees them up to do other things, I think.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

PacificNorseWest wrote:

Edit: I should've let with Barr hitting Rodgers which single-handedly ruined GB's season and made Minnesota the easy favorites for the North...dangit.

If I had to pick one of those LBs for my team I pick Kendricks any day of the week. The one Detroit game we lost he got a bad rep because he missed a couple of tackles. Outside of that, I dont see it as a consistent problem. That kid is all over the field and rarely makes mistakes. He leads the team in tackles by a country mile. Barr isnt far from him but Kendricks is overall a better LB IMO. I'm just glad both are on my team :D

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:47 am
Career Elite Player

Kendricks is the anchor, for sure. His missed tackles go back past the Detroit game though. It's frustrating.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:38 am
Commissioner

12/1

Kendricks practicing again. I imagine he plays. Remmers out. I suspect he's out for the fourth straight game.

For the Falcons, I saw Trufant was ruled out, which is big. I think he's one of the top corners in the league when he's healthy. Good news for Diggs/AT.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm
Hall of Famer

Remmers out again? Man I hope not another made of glass FA. Out Oline is clicking. Remmers was part of that, but hasnt played for a month now for 2 different reasons?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:38 pm
Fenrir

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Remmers out again? Man I hope not another made of glass FA. Out Oline is clicking. Remmers was part of that, but hasnt played for a month now for 2 different reasons?

Sadly he was very durable prior to coming here as DP points out above.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:48 pm
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
12/1

Kendricks practicing again. I imagine he plays. Remmers out. I suspect he's out for the fourth straight game.

For the Falcons, I saw Trufant was ruled out, which is big. I think he's one of the top corners in the league when he's healthy. Good news for Diggs/AT.

Who is Kendrick's backup DP?
Lucky for us Hill has been playing good. Which really helps.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:08 pm
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
12/1

yeah Hill has been good. May have the starting job now, when the Oline is in sync, I would have a hard time of breaking that. They didnt let Teddy play when he was healthy, maybe they do care more about not fixing something that isnt broke.

I havent a clue who is even healthy to play LB at this point. Lamur? Brothers? I hope if Kendricks misses the game, which no one will know till the game starts, Barr has the best game of his life.

Its nice Trufant is out. I bet he was going to be on AT.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm
Commissioner

halfgiz wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
12/1

Brothers is listed as his backup but Wilson or Gedeon could move. Zimmer expects Kendricks to play so hopefully it's a moot point.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:04 am
Starting Wide Receiver

In other words kendricks will not play.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next