2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5312
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 am

S197 wrote:Not sure how I feel about Diggs playing this week. Obviously it's great when he's in the lineup but if he sits, he'll effectively have had a month to recuperate. I'd hate for him to have this bother him the whole year because he rushed back.
I was thinking the same thing!! I dont understand why he would come back this week. It's a game we dont need him in and like you said, he'll get two more weeks off. However, he really needs to start figuring this groin thing out. He had the same issue last year
0 x
Image

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:27 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I was thinking the same thing!! I dont understand why he would come back this week. It's a game we dont need him in and like you said, he'll get two more weeks off. However, he really needs to start figuring this groin thing out. He had the same issue last year
He practiced in full today. I get resting him but he might be 100%. He said this one was not nearly as severe as last year's. They also may limit his reps, too. If he's fully healthy, the only reason why I'd sit him is if the field is trash. Maybe not give him the full compliment of snaps.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Location: Missouri

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by DK Sweets » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:04 pm

dead_poet wrote: He practiced in full today. I get resting him but he might be 100%. He said this one was not nearly as severe as last year's. They also may limit his reps, too. If he's fully healthy, the only reason why I'd sit him is if the field is trash. Maybe not give him the full compliment of snaps.
This would be a great opportunity to give him limited snaps even if he's only 80% and see how he responds.
0 x

User avatar
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4046
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Contact:

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Funkytown » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:31 pm

A gem from Barr:

Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11269
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by S197 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm

This isn't a dirty team, is there anyone outside of Wisconsin that believes it was a dirty hit? Obviously not the NFL. Seriously, get over it.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18395
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 pm

S197 wrote:This isn't a dirty team, is there anyone outside of Wisconsin that believes it was a dirty hit? Obviously not the NFL. Seriously, get over it.
Well, fhe league must otherwise Sendejo wouldn't be suspended.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11269
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by S197 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 pm

What
0 x

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 am

Per RapSheet, Teddy is expected to come off PUP this week and compete for the starting job.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8359
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleKoolaid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 am

dead_poet wrote:Per RapSheet, Teddy is expected to come off PUP this week and compete for the starting job.
We need him. ASAP. As long as he is 100%. Or Sam, if he's 100%. Had enough Case for this year, he almost gives me a heart attack when he goes back to throw, even though he doesnt turn it over.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18395
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 am

PurpleKoolaid wrote: We need him. ASAP. As long as he is 100%. Or Sam, if he's 100%. Had enough Case for this year, he almost gives me a heart attack when he goes back to throw, even though he doesnt turn it over.
He's also only been sacked 4 times all year. He is light years ahead of teddy as far as pocket presence. But I agree, we need either teddy or Sam... But only if wither are 100%.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:59 am

PurpleMustReign wrote:He's also only been sacked 4 times all year. He is light years ahead of teddy as far as pocket presence. But I agree, we need either teddy or Sam... But only if wither are 100%.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Are you KIDDING me? Teddy's pocket presence was one of the tops in the league. He's so cool, especially being pressured on every other throw. Seriously, Google Teddy vs. blitz or pressure.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18395
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:25 pm

All I remember is him running away all the time rather than trying to complete a play down field. Idk.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
dead_poet
Commissioner
Posts: 24451
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:42 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:All I remember is him running away all the time rather than trying to complete a play down field. Idk.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Because he was being pressured a decade-high rates. OMG. By this time in 2015 Clemmings had allowed dozens of pressures and multiple sacks. Reiff has YET to allow a sack this season. Not to mention other offensive line improvements. His scrambling was by necessity. Seriously, Google it.
0 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18395
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:28 pm

dead_poet wrote: Because he was being pressured a decade-high rates. OMG. By this time in 2015 Clemmings had allowed dozens of pressures and multiple sacks. Reiff has YET to allow a sack this season. Not to mention other offensive line improvements. His scrambling was by necessity. Seriously, Google it.
Well we will likely see what happened behind this improved OL.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5312
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 am

dead_poet wrote: Are you KIDDING me? Teddy's pocket presence was one of the tops in the league. He's so cool, especially being pressured on every other throw. Seriously, Google Teddy vs. blitz or pressure.
I thought he was referring to how long Teddy holds the ball in the pocket. Under pressure, you couldnt ask for better. But there were a lot of times he held onto it too long. That was another reason why I would prefer Bradford over Teddy because his release and sense to get it out quick was way better than Teddy's
0 x
Image

Post Reply