View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc) 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
S197 wrote:
Not sure how I feel about Diggs playing this week. Obviously it's great when he's in the lineup but if he sits, he'll effectively have had a month to recuperate. I'd hate for him to have this bother him the whole year because he rushed back.

I was thinking the same thing!! I dont understand why he would come back this week. It's a game we dont need him in and like you said, he'll get two more weeks off. However, he really needs to start figuring this groin thing out. He had the same issue last year

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:59 am
Commissioner

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:
Not sure how I feel about Diggs playing this week. Obviously it's great when he's in the lineup but if he sits, he'll effectively have had a month to recuperate. I'd hate for him to have this bother him the whole year because he rushed back.

I was thinking the same thing!! I dont understand why he would come back this week. It's a game we dont need him in and like you said, he'll get two more weeks off. However, he really needs to start figuring this groin thing out. He had the same issue last year

He practiced in full today. I get resting him but he might be 100%. He said this one was not nearly as severe as last year's. They also may limit his reps, too. If he's fully healthy, the only reason why I'd sit him is if the field is trash. Maybe not give him the full compliment of snaps.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:27 am
Career Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
S197 wrote:

He practiced in full today. I get resting him but he might be 100%. He said this one was not nearly as severe as last year's. They also may limit his reps, too. If he's fully healthy, the only reason why I'd sit him is if the field is trash. Maybe not give him the full compliment of snaps.
This would be a great opportunity to give him limited snaps even if he's only 80% and see how he responds.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:04 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

A gem from Barr:

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Fenrir

This isn't a dirty team, is there anyone outside of Wisconsin that believes it was a dirty hit? Obviously not the NFL. Seriously, get over it.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote:
This isn't a dirty team, is there anyone outside of Wisconsin that believes it was a dirty hit? Obviously not the NFL. Seriously, get over it.
Well, fhe league must otherwise Sendejo wouldn't be suspended.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir

What

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 pm
Commissioner

Per RapSheet, Teddy is expected to come off PUP this week and compete for the starting job.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 am
Hall of Famer

dead_poet wrote:
Per RapSheet, Teddy is expected to come off PUP this week and compete for the starting job.

We need him. ASAP. As long as he is 100%. Or Sam, if he's 100%. Had enough Case for this year, he almost gives me a heart attack when he goes back to throw, even though he doesnt turn it over.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 am
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

We need him. ASAP. As long as he is 100%. Or Sam, if he's 100%. Had enough Case for this year, he almost gives me a heart attack when he goes back to throw, even though he doesnt turn it over.
He's also only been sacked 4 times all year. He is light years ahead of teddy as far as pocket presence. But I agree, we need either teddy or Sam... But only if wither are 100%.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

He's also only been sacked 4 times all year. He is light years ahead of teddy as far as pocket presence. But I agree, we need either teddy or Sam... But only if wither are 100%.

Are you KIDDING me? Teddy's pocket presence was one of the tops in the league. He's so cool, especially being pressured on every other throw. Seriously, Google Teddy vs. blitz or pressure.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:59 am
Starting Wide Receiver

All I remember is him running away all the time rather than trying to complete a play down field. Idk.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
All I remember is him running away all the time rather than trying to complete a play down field. Idk.

Because he was being pressured a decade-high rates. OMG. By this time in 2015 Clemmings had allowed dozens of pressures and multiple sacks. Reiff has YET to allow a sack this season. Not to mention other offensive line improvements. His scrambling was by necessity. Seriously, Google it.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:42 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Because he was being pressured a decade-high rates. OMG. By this time in 2015 Clemmings had allowed dozens of pressures and multiple sacks. Reiff has YET to allow a sack this season. Not to mention other offensive line improvements. His scrambling was by necessity. Seriously, Google it.
Well we will likely see what happened behind this improved OL.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
Are you KIDDING me? Teddy's pocket presence was one of the tops in the league. He's so cool, especially being pressured on every other throw. Seriously, Google Teddy vs. blitz or pressure.

I thought he was referring to how long Teddy holds the ball in the pocket. Under pressure, you couldnt ask for better. But there were a lot of times he held onto it too long. That was another reason why I would prefer Bradford over Teddy because his release and sense to get it out quick was way better than Teddy's

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 am
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:

I thought he was referring to how long Teddy holds the ball in the pocket. Under pressure, you couldnt ask for better. But there were a lot of times he held onto it too long. That was another reason why I would prefer Bradford over Teddy because his release and sense to get it out quick was way better than Teddy's
It was both. To be fair, and to DPs point, the OL is very much different and improved this season. I wl would be very interesting to see what teddy could do with this OL.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

Vikings claimed RB Mack Brown.

Interesting.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:55 pm
Commissioner

Vikings waived WR Rodney Adams and some center they signed late last week.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 pm
Franchise Player

Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi this morning, this is not going to help our chances to grab that #1 seed.

Last edited by Grashopa on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:40 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Grashopa wrote:
Eagles traded for Jay Ajai this morning, this is not going to help our chances to grab that #1 seed.

Just saw that. I'll tell you what, I've lost a lot of respect for Adam Gase. He calls the damn offense and has done nothing but publicly call his players out when they dont perform. And what bothers me most with him is that the only reason anyone knows who he is is because of Peyton Manning. He takes zero blame on how poor their offense is then just dumps Ajayi. And might be trading Landry. Guy needs to be fired.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 am
Hall of Famer

Grashopa wrote:
Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi this morning, this is not going to help our chances to grab that #1 seed.

Still a lot of season left. Eagles look amazing right now, but we have seen how quickly a season can evaporate.

All we can do is support our team and hope for the best. It's been a fun season and I am hoping to our continued success.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:58 am
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Grashopa wrote:

Still a lot of season left. Eagles look amazing right now, but we have seen how quickly a season can evaporate.

All we can do is support our team and hope for the best. It's been a fun season and I am hoping to our continued success.
Philly looked great last year too, then Wentz fell off. I have not seen anything from them that makes me feel they are unbeatable.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Grashopa wrote:

Think the Eagles have mostly played cupcakes so far. The meat of their season is coming up. And as well the Vikings have an important stretch. Compelling football.
Price of admission pays for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge.

Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:06 pm
Commissioner

Per Spielman, team won't make a decision on Teddy until the deadline (next Wed). Will consult Teddy's doctor, medical staff, Zimmer.

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect him to start right out of the bye IF he's activated.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:45 pm
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
Per Spielman, team won't make a decision on Teddy until the deadline (next Wed). Will consult Teddy's doctor, medical staff, Zimmer.

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect him to start right out of the bye IF he's activated.

My best guess is that his first start will be the Rams game. If for no other reason than the mental aspect of playing in front of the home fans instead of in a hostile road environment. This has been my prediction since he started practicing. Just imagine how big of a pop he'll get when they announce the starting QB. As if the Bank isn't already loud.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner

akvikingsfan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

My best guess is that his first start will be the Rams game. If for no other reason than the mental aspect of playing in front of the home fans instead of in a hostile road environment. This has been my prediction since he started practicing. Just imagine how big of a pop he'll get when they announce the starting QB. As if the Bank isn't already loud.

I'd want to go just for that alone. It would go CRAZY.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:41 pm
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
akvikingsfan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

I'd want to go just for that alone. It would go CRAZY.

I have tickets to that game already (granted I ended up with tickets to 5 games this year), but the fact that I'll be there is the main reason I want it to happen.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

akvikingsfan wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Yeah him coming back vs. the Rams is definitely a good possibility. I highly doubt we see Keenum start vs both Washington AND LA

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:02 am
Starting Wide Receiver

My question is will teddy get "hit" at all during practice? It will be hard for him to get used to being tackled again, I would think.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

PurpleMustReign wrote:
My question is will teddy get "hit" at all during practice? It will be hard for him to get used to being tackled again, I would think.

Nope

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next