View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc) 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
1h
FA CB K'Waun Williams due in Tuesday to visit #Vikings, I hear.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:27 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Adrian Peterson tweeted "The Giants have been making some interesting moves" today. I'm guessing because they cut Rashad Jennings. Another reason why I would like us to let him go. If you want to be back with us, then don't go and tweet stupid stuff like that. Great RB but the guy really has a peanut for a brain. He could be using it as leverage but I hope we aren't dumb enough to give in.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:46 pm
Backup

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Adrian Peterson tweeted "The Giants have been making some interesting moves" today. I'm guessing because they cut Rashad Jennings. Another reason why I would like us to let him go. If you want to be back with us, then don't go and tweet stupid stuff like that. Great RB but the guy really has a peanut for a brain. He could be using it as leverage but I hope we aren't dumb enough to give in.

NY would be a perfect spot for his peanut brain. Ego's a plenty there, he'd fit right in. The likely hood he'll stay healthy for a full season is slim to none and he's going to demand more than he's worth most likely....let someone else roll the dice on him. The reality of his situation is he's a 32 year RB coming off a major knee, his 3rd major knee. He has become more of a distraction than anything with his antics/mouth over the past couple years and its questionable how much his teammates are impacted by his BS....I personally think they are tired of it. If someone else wants to pay him like he's in his prime.....let them. Its time to move on if he doesn't want to make a team friendly deal and accept his role as a part time back.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Alaskan wrote:

NY would be a perfect spot for his peanut brain. Ego's a plenty there, he'd fit right in. The likely hood he'll stay healthy for a full season is slim to none and he's going to demand more than he's worth most likely....let someone else roll the dice on him. The reality of his situation is he's a 32 year RB coming off a major knee, his 3rd major knee. He has become more of a distraction than anything with his antics/mouth over the past couple years and its questionable how much his teammates are impacted by his BS....I personally think they are tired of it. If someone else wants to pay him like he's in his prime.....let them. Its time to move on if he doesn't want to make a team friendly deal and accept his role as a part time back.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he went there that him and Odell butt heads because one will be complaining they don't get the ball enough. I feel bad having to say this about the guy but I'm just over him at this point

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:03 am
All Pro Elite Player

Report: Darrell Hazell To Be #Vikings Wide Receivers Coach #NFL #Skol

Pat Shurmur said on KFAN that Darrell Hazell, the former Purdue head coach, will be the Vikings' receivers coach.

@GoesslingESPN
2h
Zach Line is on crutches at Vikings Winterfest; he said he had a hip cleanup about four weeks ago.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:57 am
Defensive Tackle

halfgiz wrote:
Report: Darrell Hazell To Be #Vikings Wide Receivers Coach #NFL #Skol

Pat Shurmur said on KFAN that Darrell Hazell, the former Purdue head coach, will be the Vikings' receivers coach.

@GoesslingESPN
2h
Zach Line is on crutches at Vikings Winterfest; he said he had a hip cleanup about four weeks ago.

Thanks for the info.

We're basically going to see a whole new offensive coaching staff next year.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm
Defensive Tackle

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/ ... act-talks/

Quote:
Thielen, who is a Restricted Free Agent, says he is looking to stick in Minnesota for the long haul, but also understands that he earned a significant raise.

“Being able to put the film out there that I did and prove that I can be a starter in this league, it’s put me in a good situation,” Thielen said at Winterfest on Friday. “Now I’m just hoping that things can work out and I can be respected in that type of way because I feel like I proved it and hopefully I can stay here long term and be respected with the way they handle me.”

We all know what he means by "respected" right?

Adam's seeing $$$ in his eyes. :)

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/rfa-thielen-looking-respected-vikings-contract-talks/

Quote:
Thielen, who is a Restricted Free Agent, says he is looking to stick in Minnesota for the long haul, but also understands that he earned a significant raise.

“Being able to put the film out there that I did and prove that I can be a starter in this league, it’s put me in a good situation,” Thielen said at Winterfest on Friday. “Now I’m just hoping that things can work out and I can be respected in that type of way because I feel like I proved it and hopefully I can stay here long term and be respected with the way they handle me.”

Diggs and Thielen are a nice duo. Thielen is a legitimately good NFL WR.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:47 pm
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote:
Mothman wrote:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/rfa-thielen-looking-respected-vikings-contract-talks/

Quote:

Diggs and Thielen are a nice duo. Thielen is a legitimately good NFL WR.

We might actually have a competent wide receiving corps again. ####, maybe someone will finally be able to get 1,000 yards this coming season? :lol:

Vikings need to place the first round tender on Adam. No sense trying to get cute and lose him to an actual well-run team like New England.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:59 pm
Fenrir

Mothman wrote:

Quote:

This might be one of those situations the Vikings can use in their negotiations with Adrian, similar to that article you posted. Take a pay cut so a guy like Thielen who has risen up from walk on, to busting his #### on special teams, to a near 1,000 yard receiver can get his fair share.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 pm
Defensive Tackle

S197 wrote:
This might be one of those situations the Vikings can use in their negotiations with Adrian, similar to that article you posted. Take a pay cut so a guy like Thielen who has risen up from walk on, to busting his #### on special teams, to a near 1,000 yard receiver can get his fair share.

That's true. I would also think they could use the OL openings that way. I'm sure he'd like to have better blocking in front of him if he's going to stay in Minnesota.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:16 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

They need to act like men. Make him an offer that represents what his services are worth to them and let the chips fall where they may.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:29 am
Fenrir

Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:

That's true. I would also think they could use the OL openings that way. I'm sure he'd like to have better blocking in front of him if he's going to stay in Minnesota.

"Man I'd give anything to run through holes that size!"

"Funny you should mention that Adrian... "

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:13 pm
Defensive Tackle

S197 wrote:
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:

"Man I'd give anything to run through holes that size!"

"Funny you should mention that Adrian... "

:lol:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:17 pm
Starter

What about Paul Solia (sp?) as d line depth for 2 years?

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:21 pm
Defensive Tackle

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-gm-r ... 414660493/

Quote:
Sam Bradford has already been named the Vikings starting quarterback for next season, but the future of the position beyond 2017 remains “in flux,” as General Manager Rick Spielman told a small group of reporters on Thursday.

“Everything is in flux right now,” Spielman said. “I’ll just leave it at that.”

Don’t look for Spielman to tip his hand, but a new deal for Sam Bradford could be on the horizon given the uncertainty of Teddy Bridgewater’s recovery and the effusive praise of the 29-year-old Bradford from both head coach Mike Zimmer and Spielman. Currently, the Vikings do not have a quarterback under contract for the 2018 season.

“I can tell you looking back on that trade with all the other options,” Spielman said, “I would do that over in a millisecond to get Sam Bradford on our football team with the circumstances we were dealing with.

“I think he’s just right now in the prime of his career.”

Quote:
Adrian Peterson’s contract is nearing the March 8 expiration date unless the Vikings exercise a lofty $18 million option for next season. The sides have yet to convene, Spielman said.

“Until I talk to Adrian and talk to his agent, I’m not going to announce anything,” Spielman said. “But that will get addressed here before free agency starts.”

Quote:
So where does that leave Kalil, the pending free agent, and the tackle-needy Vikings? Spielman didn’t get into specifics, but he sounded open to a reunion this offseason.

“We have a plan in place on everything,” Spielman said. “But I also know I have a pretty good history of trying to keep our own guys as well.”

Quote:
Spielman expects linebacker Chad Greenway to make a formal announcement about his pending retirement before the beginning of free agency March 9.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

The compensatory picks just came out. Miami has a 3rd. So do we get Miami's actual 3rd or the compensatory one? I'm guessing it's their actual 3rd right?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:05 pm
Fenrir

The compensatory picks just came out. Miami has a 3rd. So do we get Miami's actual 3rd or the compensatory one? I'm guessing it's their actual 3rd right?

Should be, I don't think compensatory picks can be traded. I know for sure they can't be traded during the draft.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:16 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

It will be sad to see Greenway retire, but he has definitely lost a step. He had a great career, and I hope he can stay involved with the Vikings in some manner.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

S197 wrote:

Should be, I don't think compensatory picks can be traded. I know for sure they can't be traded during the draft.

No there is a new rule now where they can be traded now. Thats why I was wondering

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote:

No there is a new rule now where they can be traded now. Thats why I was wondering

Even during the draft?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player

@JasonColeBR
15h
Agents for RB Adrian Peterson, CB Terence Newman plan to meet with #Vikings next week to assess what the two sides will do going forward.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:43 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Even during the draft?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:04 pm
All Pro Elite Player

@Vikings
6m
The #Vikings will not exercise the 2017 option on Adrian Peterson's contract.

Which is no surprise.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:13 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:
@Vikings
6m
The #Vikings will not exercise the 2017 option on Adrian Peterson's contract.

Which is no surprise.

Well there is step 1 that we had to take. Lets hope we continue to make the correct moves

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 pm
All Pro Elite Player

@mattvensel
As a deadline nears, it looks like Sharrif Floyd will be sticking around in 2017. strib.mn/2lcpq0S
6:49 AM - 1 Mar 2017
As deadline nears, it looks like Sharrif Floyd will be sticking with Vikings
According to a league source, if Floyd can’t pass a physical by March 9, then his contract's injury guarantee comes into play, locking him in at $6.8 million for 2017.
Star Tribune @StarTribune

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:32 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:
@mattvensel
As a deadline nears, it looks like Sharrif Floyd will be sticking around in 2017. strib.mn/2lcpq0S
6:49 AM - 1 Mar 2017
As deadline nears, it looks like Sharrif Floyd will be sticking with Vikings
According to a league source, if Floyd can’t pass a physical by March 9, then his contract's injury guarantee comes into play, locking him in at $6.8 million for 2017.
Star Tribune @StarTribune

See my thing is, if we save whatever money it is by letting him go, what good does it really do us this year?? We are nearing $40 mill in cap space so instead we would like like $43+? I'd rather just keep him and let him get a chance to get healthy. Everyone talks about how injury prone he is but if you think about it, he's missed 5 games in 3 years prior to this season. That doesnt really classify as injury prone. Rudy missed more games than that and we held onto him.

I just think Floyd could burn us and make us look like idiots if he went somewhere else. He's a good player. We just need to stay patient for another year.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 pm
Defensive Tackle

See my thing is, if we save whatever money it is by letting him go, what good does it really do us this year?? We are nearing $40 mill in cap space so instead we would like like $43+?

Floyd's 2017 cap hit is $6,757,000 so cutting him would add almost $7 million in additional cap space.

What good could it it do? Well, first and foremost, it depends on why he missed almost all of last season and what good he'll be able to do going forward. However, the Vikes aren't short of needs and they have some rising young players that need to be re-signed or have their contracts extended (Rhodes, for example). There's always a use for the money.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Mothman wrote:
See my thing is, if we save whatever money it is by letting him go, what good does it really do us this year?? We are nearing $40 mill in cap space so instead we would like like $43+?

Floyd's 2017 cap hit is $6,757,000 so cutting him would add almost $7 million in additional cap space.

What good could it it do? Well, first and foremost, it depends on why he missed almost all of last season and what good he'll be able to do going forward. However, the Vikes aren't short of needs and they have some rising young players that need to be re-signed or have their contracts extended (Rhodes, for example). There's always a use for the money.

My fault I for some reason thought he was on his 4th year of his contract still and that would result in a dead money hit. It's been a long week :lol:

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 am
Defensive Tackle

My fault I for some reason thought he was on his 4th year of his contract still and that would result in a dead money hit. It's been a long week :lol:

I understand. I'm having that kind of week too... plus, it doesn't seem like Floyd has been a Vikings for 4 years already!

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 629 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next