Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29744
Page 10 of 14

Author:  S197 [ Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Any updates on Reiff?

Author:  dead_poet [ Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Not practicing today (8/25): B-Rob, Rudolph, Truesdell, MoBo, Sinkfield.

Author:  dead_poet [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Zimmer on Vikings starters playing this week: "After the other night I think they should play."

I'm inclined to agree.

Author:  dead_poet [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Elflein took most 1st team reps at center. Easton at RG. Berger didn't participate in team drills.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

dead_poet wrote:
Zimmer on Vikings starters playing this week: "After the other night I think they should play."

I'm inclined to agree.
That will be interesting. I could see them sitting Bradford, Cook, Diggs, and maybe Griffen and Hunter. The rest of the starters have been horrible, jn clouding Harrison Smith.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

first team vs 2nd and 3rd scrubs. What would it prove?

Author:  Cliff [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

808vikingsfan wrote:
first team vs 2nd and 3rd scrubs. What would it prove?


I don't think it's about proof. I think it's about not going into the season with that kind of game being the last thing you did.

Author:  Crax [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Joe Haden was released by the Browns. Hope the Vikings take a good look. Sounds like the Steelers are the current front runners on a potential signing.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Cliff wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
first team vs 2nd and 3rd scrubs. What would it prove?


I don't think it's about proof. I think it's about not going into the season with that kind of game being the last thing you did.



It'd be a false sense of confidence. I'd rather have them feel humbled, angry and hungry for the Saints game.

Author:  S197 [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Crax wrote:
Joe Haden was released by the Browns. Hope the Vikings take a good look. Sounds like the Steelers are the current front runners on a potential signing.


Wow. What's the reason? I haven't been keeping up with him but he was solid as a rookie. Injuries?

Author:  dead_poet [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Steelers signed him to a three-year, $27 million contract. He's dealt with a lot of injuries.

Author:  Crax [ Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

S197 wrote:
Crax wrote:
Joe Haden was released by the Browns. Hope the Vikings take a good look. Sounds like the Steelers are the current front runners on a potential signing.


Wow. What's the reason? I haven't been keeping up with him but he was solid as a rookie. Injuries?

Injuries part of it. I think he was threatening a holdout as well. They tried to trade him and found no takers. Word is the browns offered him the same as he ended up taking form the steelers. Of course, you have to get extra to deal with playing for the browns.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Clemmings and Price cut.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  PacificNorseWest [ Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Vikings completing a trade with Seattle for Tramaine Brock. The defensive depth on this team is crazy.

Author:  S197 [ Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Clemmings and Price cut.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Hallelujah

Author:  dead_poet [ Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Quote:
@Andrew_Krammer As Taylor Heinicke deals with mild concussion and oblique strain, #Vikings could call Leidner back in p-squad search

Author:  dead_poet [ Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

9/5: Robison the only Viking not practicing. Working on the side (leg)

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

#Vikings week 1 depth chart lists three rookies as starters: RB Dalvin Cook, C Pat Elflein and LB Ben Gedeon

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Sam Ekstrom‏ @SamEkstrom : For those curious, Tramaine Brock is #24, Blake Bell is #81 and Tashawn Bower is now #90.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Did Bell make the 53?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  S197 [ Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Did Bell make the 53?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Yup. When you claim someone off waivers they have to be put on active roster.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Did Bell make the 53?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Yup. When you claim someone off waivers they have to be put on active roster.
For the whole season?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Author:  S197 [ Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Did Bell make the 53?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Yup. When you claim someone off waivers they have to be put on active roster.
For the whole season?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk


Yup. I mean they can be cut or moved to IR or whatever like any other player I guess.

Author:  808vikingsfan [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

.@MrMankatoVikes results:
3rd runner up: Stacy Coley
2nd runner up: Ben Gedeon
Runner up: Jaleel Johnson
WINNER: Tashawn Bower

Author:  dead_poet [ Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

808vikingsfan wrote:
.@MrMankatoVikes results:
3rd runner up: Stacy Coley
2nd runner up: Ben Gedeon
Runner up: Jaleel Johnson
WINNER: Tashawn Bower


I think I agree, though it's a little surprising Eric Wilson wasn't on there. Maybe over Gedeon.

Author:  9man [ Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

(RotoWire) Hodges (head) was waived by the Vikings off injured reserve Tuesday after both sides reached an injury settlement, Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports.

Author:  halfgiz [ Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

@christomasson
19m
Not practicing for #Vikings was LB Anthony Barr Was in sweats and hoodie Unclear what his injury is but we'll find out when report comes out

Lamur filled in for Barr at strong-side linebacker.
Barr injured would hurt us at the linebacker position. I feel we're not that strong there anyway.

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Barr out with a hamstring.

Elijah Lee signed to 49ers.

Brock (groin) said he'll be out there Sunday.

Author:  halfgiz [ Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

@Andrew_Krammer
35m
Sam Bradford (knee) was limited in first practice after his Monday night stardom #Vikings

Author:  dead_poet [ Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

halfgiz wrote:
@Andrew_Krammer
35m
Sam Bradford (knee) was limited in first practice after his Monday night stardom #Vikings


Of course. See my avatar. Makes perfect sense.

Page 10 of 14 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/