2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
It is. You are just not using anyone's name. You literally labeled me as a 'bad fan' using the premise of my post above. You are continually passive aggressive on this board and continually belittle fans who don't agree with you. It gets old.

I am not willing to label myself as a fan who is quick to judge. I mentioned the snap because 1). It was abysmal 2). It killed our momentum in the GB game. It was all downhill from that play. PFF gave him a 45.9 grade this season (PFF isn't my cup of tea - just pointing it out). We consistently struggled to pick up the blitz with him on the field (a center's line call contributes significantly to blitz pick-up). When he was the center we couldn't successfully run up the gut or score on the goal line consistently (play directed though the center/guard position).

To me, Easton cannot be labeled anything more than a below-average center.
:roll: dude you're just putting words into my mouth. I never said you were a "bad" fan. I'm just saying give guys a chance before you label them when they've seen what? 5 games where he started? That's an awful small sample size if you ask me. Nor am I belittiling everyone. You literally just blew up a post for way more than what it was. I provided facts of what different fans said. Not JUST you. This post isn't all about you or going after you. I just pointed out why we shouldn't be so quick to judge. Not call someone a bad fan. Nobody said you're a bad fan. I said give guys a chance to actually prove themselves. Like I said, Matt Birk was horrendous when he first started out. If you judged him off his first 5 games starting, you'd just about throw up. So what does the "quick to judge" outlook really prove? Remember the old saying don't judge a book by its cover? Either way stop reading what you want to read and distorting it in your own way. I never said you were a bad fan nor was I implying it for that matter.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Here is what you said, verbatim:

1). After specifically responding to my post about Easton and his bad snap you label me - "I notice that a lot of fans on this forum are so unbelievably quick to judge."

2). My post is directly referenced: "Not trying to offend anyone because everyone is different but from the "Treadwell is a bust" to "Waynes is a bust" to "Easton is not a good player, look at his one bad snap", to "Linval Joseph is just a fat guy with a bullet in his leg" to "Captain Munnerlyn is a midget that cant cover". Get my point now??" (Plausible deniability with the, "get my point now?")

3). You then, again, label me as a 'quick to judge fan,' - using my Easton quote: "Pretty much everyone I mentioned above has proved the "quick to judge" fans wrong or on the verge of being wrong"

4). Your lecture to me and others: "Otherwise you're just digging yourself your own hole and will be eating crow before you know it. Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion but at the same time, your own opinion is going to continue to bite you the more you're so quick to judge. This isnt directed at anyone specifically, I'm just saying this in general. I dont want to offend anyone."(Essentially telling me and others how to be a fan. Incorrectly labeling me at the same time).

I defend myself and YOU have the audacity to call foul? I have had it with your passive aggressiveness on this board. I put you on the foe list a long time ago. However, I continually have to see your posts when I visit this board as a guest (I don't log in much anymore). Even then, I still see them referenced in others' quotes when I am logged in. I am tired of it. I will not be belittled by you and I will not hesitate to defend my opinions on this board.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Here is what you said, verbatim:

1). After specifically responding to my post about Easton and his bad snap you label me - "I notice that a lot of fans on this forum are so unbelievably quick to judge."

2). My post is directly referenced: "Not trying to offend anyone because everyone is different but from the "Treadwell is a bust" to "Waynes is a bust" to "Easton is not a good player, look at his one bad snap", to "Linval Joseph is just a fat guy with a bullet in his leg" to "Captain Munnerlyn is a midget that cant cover". Get my point now??" (Plausible deniability with the, "get my point now?")

3). You then, again, label me as a 'quick to judge fan,' - using my Easton quote: "Pretty much everyone I mentioned above has proved the "quick to judge" fans wrong or on the verge of being wrong"

4). Your lecture to me and others: "Otherwise you're just digging yourself your own hole and will be eating crow before you know it. Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion but at the same time, your own opinion is going to continue to bite you the more you're so quick to judge. This isnt directed at anyone specifically, I'm just saying this in general. I dont want to offend anyone."(Essentially telling me and others how to be a fan. Incorrectly labeling me at the same time).

I defend myself and YOU have the audacity to call foul? I have had it with your passive aggressiveness on this board. I put you on the foe list a long time ago. However, I continually have to see your posts when I visit this board as a guest (I don't log in much anymore). Even then, I still see them referenced in others' quotes when I am logged in. I am tired of it. I will not be belittled by you and I will not hesitate to defend my opinions on this board.
My god dude relax. Saying you seem quick to judge on Easton and calling someone a "bad fan" are two completely different things. You said I basically called you a bad fan. Which is 110% false. But I'm being called "passive aggressive" by you because I said some guys seem to be quick to judge and in your eyes thats me calling you a "bad fan". Give me a break. I didnt say anything wrong to you or anyone else. You're judging a guy off the first 6 games of his career. No less the kids undrafted. That doesnt seem like a small sample size to you?? Either way I specifically said it wasnt directed towards you and only you. I'm saying in general there are a lot of fans that are quick to judge. But instead you just went on a huge tangent about how I basically called you a "bad fan". Something I never once said, never was implying, etc. You're on a forum and someone thought you were judging a player on an extremely small sample size, essentially being to quick to judge and you turned it into this?? A good fan/bad fan rant? I just provided a handful of examples of guys (NOT JUST YOU) jumping all over players when they base things on small sample sizes. Not sure why that is all of the sudden frowned upon. It's facts. That doesnt mean they are bad fans. I said I wasnt directing it at anyone, didnt want to offend anyone or anything but that maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge on these young players. If you can't see the truth in that then I don't know what to tell you. Foe me I guess, start logging on, I don't know? And the "YOU have the audacity to call foul" comment? Uh yeah because you just accused me of something I clearly didnt do. So that's me defending myself. I never called or implied that you were a bad fan so you can stop that now. Thanks, moving on.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

You guys seem to be keeping this pretty civil which is why I haven't posted until now but at this point it's a completely personal discussion. If you wish to continue please take it to PM.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Training schedule:

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Thanks 808,
I was just getting ready to start looking for the TC sked. So bored this off-season and I've been trying to keep my mind off of the Vikings but slim chance of that. Can't wait to see how the rooks will impact the team. Then how in shape the vets are and ready to go. And really excited to see how Bradford will take charge.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Awesome interview with Zimmer.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/20/vi ... cker-room/
Thanks for sharing that was a good read. The dynamics with Bradford was the most interesting part, it sounds like the communication is much better this year.

Oh and this:
I’m going to try to be a little more reckless defensively this year, a little more aggressive.
:shock:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: Thanks for sharing that was a good read. The dynamics with Bradford was the most interesting part, it sounds like the communication is much better this year.

Oh and this:
:shock:
Agreed. It'll be fun. Barr better step it up.

His comment on Floyd was interesting too.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Good read
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Good find DP. Cant' get over his house. Man made lake?

Everything I read about Zimmer makes me hope the Vikings keep him long term.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: Agreed. It'll be fun. Barr better step it up.

His comment on Floyd was interesting too.
Apparently Barr and Everson are working with some agility guy. Calls himself the "movement Miyagi." :lol:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Good find DP. Cant' get over his house. Man made lake?

Everything I read about Zimmer makes me hope the Vikings keep him long term.

I was kind of laughing about that too, especially since he's the coach of a team in a state with over 11K REAL lakes and no shortage of beautiful landscapes. If he's not fond of the long cold winters, I can understand that... but he certainly could have found what he was looking for closer to MPLS.

That shot of him in front of the pond seemed incongruent with his image: the fountain in the middle of it seems like something you'd see near a mall or corporate headquarters, not out in the woods. :lol:

Despite our different tastes in real estate, I love the guy as our coach. :D
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

More on Zimmer's 'house'
“Those beams are unique to that house,” Josh Ludwig, Lunsford’s project manager, told me. “The carpenter says he never wants to do that again. It was hard.”
And Zimmer told him he wanted a huge fireplace that the real estate agent likened to “the ones they have at Cracker Barrel.”
The fireplace is 18 feet long.
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer's new Kentucky 'hunting lodge' is extravagant (Photos)