2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by S197 »

Forgot the NFL got rid of the "probable" designation. I think AT is about as questionable to play as Tom Brady.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:Forgot the NFL got rid of the "probable" designation. I think AT is about as questionable to play as Tom Brady.
I think the whole Brady being injured thing is just a joke for the Pats. If i still bet, I would bet every single thing I owned that Brady will play. If theres one payer in the NFL that doesnt need to be at every practice its Brady. So I hope you are right.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@christomasson
10m
Sources say #Vikings rookie center Pat Elflein is scheduled to have surgery next Monday to repair a fractured left ankle. To be performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wis. Have to wait for swelling to go down If all goes well the hope is Elflein is ready for spring drills
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@christomasson
2h
Confirmed that Giants did indeed claim TE Kyle Carter off waivers today from #Vikings.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:@christomasson
10m
Sources say #Vikings rookie center Pat Elflein is scheduled to have surgery next Monday to repair a fractured left ankle. To be performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wis. Have to wait for swelling to go down If all goes well the hope is Elflein is ready for spring drills
Didn't Easton fracture his ankle too?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote:
halfgiz wrote:@christomasson
10m
Didn't Easton fracture his ankle too?
Yes...Easton had to have surgery also. Suppose to be ready for spring drills.
JDLon
Rookie

Post by JDLon »

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I guess we just about snuck it into the 2017 season : According to his agent, the Minnesota Vikings have signed offensive lineman Josh Andrews off the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad. Andrews signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent out of Oregon State in 2014. He has not started an NFL game but appeared in 16 games between 2015 and 2016. - (per ESPN)
G/C Josh Andrews who just finished his 4th season w/the Philadelphia Eagles will be signing with the Minnesota Vikings... Lots of interest elsewhere, but opportunity was too good to pass up and he'll be joining my other clients Mike Remmers & Rashod Hill on Minnesota's line.
quote from Brett Tessler (agent) on twitter

An interesting (presumably depth) piece that the new OC likes i'd imagine. Doubt anyone knows much about him but one to keep an eye out for in pre-season
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JDLon wrote:Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but I guess we just about snuck it into the 2017 season : According to his agent, the Minnesota Vikings have signed offensive lineman Josh Andrews off the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad. Andrews signed with the Eagles as an undrafted free agent out of Oregon State in 2014. He has not started an NFL game but appeared in 16 games between 2015 and 2016. - (per ESPN)
G/C Josh Andrews who just finished his 4th season w/the Philadelphia Eagles will be signing with the Minnesota Vikings... Lots of interest elsewhere, but opportunity was too good to pass up and he'll be joining my other clients Mike Remmers & Rashod Hill on Minnesota's line.
quote from Brett Tessler (agent) on twitter

An interesting (presumably depth) piece that the new OC likes i'd imagine. Doubt anyone knows much about him but one to keep an eye out for in pre-season
Yeah definitely sounds like there would be some kind of connection there with DeFilippo (we gotta come up with a nickname for him. I hate typing his name out) :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Yeah definitely sounds like there would be some kind of connection there with DeFilippo (we gotta come up with a nickname for him. I hate typing his name out) :lol:
Flip seems to be used in media a lot... which makes a lot of people upset because to them there can only be one "Flip" (Saunders)