2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by halfgiz »

Darren Wolfson
@DWolfsonKSTP
1h
FA CB K'Waun Williams due in Tuesday to visit #Vikings, I hear.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Adrian Peterson tweeted "The Giants have been making some interesting moves" today. I'm guessing because they cut Rashad Jennings. Another reason why I would like us to let him go. If you want to be back with us, then don't go and tweet stupid stuff like that. Great RB but the guy really has a peanut for a brain. He could be using it as leverage but I hope we aren't dumb enough to give in.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Adrian Peterson tweeted "The Giants have been making some interesting moves" today. I'm guessing because they cut Rashad Jennings. Another reason why I would like us to let him go. If you want to be back with us, then don't go and tweet stupid stuff like that. Great RB but the guy really has a peanut for a brain. He could be using it as leverage but I hope we aren't dumb enough to give in.
NY would be a perfect spot for his peanut brain. Ego's a plenty there, he'd fit right in. The likely hood he'll stay healthy for a full season is slim to none and he's going to demand more than he's worth most likely....let someone else roll the dice on him. The reality of his situation is he's a 32 year RB coming off a major knee, his 3rd major knee. He has become more of a distraction than anything with his antics/mouth over the past couple years and its questionable how much his teammates are impacted by his BS....I personally think they are tired of it. If someone else wants to pay him like he's in his prime.....let them. Its time to move on if he doesn't want to make a team friendly deal and accept his role as a part time back.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Alaskan wrote: NY would be a perfect spot for his peanut brain. Ego's a plenty there, he'd fit right in. The likely hood he'll stay healthy for a full season is slim to none and he's going to demand more than he's worth most likely....let someone else roll the dice on him. The reality of his situation is he's a 32 year RB coming off a major knee, his 3rd major knee. He has become more of a distraction than anything with his antics/mouth over the past couple years and its questionable how much his teammates are impacted by his BS....I personally think they are tired of it. If someone else wants to pay him like he's in his prime.....let them. Its time to move on if he doesn't want to make a team friendly deal and accept his role as a part time back.
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if he went there that him and Odell butt heads because one will be complaining they don't get the ball enough. I feel bad having to say this about the guy but I'm just over him at this point
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Report: Darrell Hazell To Be #Vikings Wide Receivers Coach #NFL #Skol

Pat Shurmur said on KFAN that Darrell Hazell, the former Purdue head coach, will be the Vikings' receivers coach.

@GoesslingESPN
2h
Zach Line is on crutches at Vikings Winterfest; he said he had a hip cleanup about four weeks ago.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

halfgiz wrote:Report: Darrell Hazell To Be #Vikings Wide Receivers Coach #NFL #Skol

Pat Shurmur said on KFAN that Darrell Hazell, the former Purdue head coach, will be the Vikings' receivers coach.

@GoesslingESPN
2h
Zach Line is on crutches at Vikings Winterfest; he said he had a hip cleanup about four weeks ago.

Thanks for the info.

We're basically going to see a whole new offensive coaching staff next year.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/ ... act-talks/
Thielen, who is a Restricted Free Agent, says he is looking to stick in Minnesota for the long haul, but also understands that he earned a significant raise.

“Being able to put the film out there that I did and prove that I can be a starter in this league, it’s put me in a good situation,” Thielen said at Winterfest on Friday. “Now I’m just hoping that things can work out and I can be respected in that type of way because I feel like I proved it and hopefully I can stay here long term and be respected with the way they handle me.”
We all know what he means by "respected" right?

Adam's seeing $$$ in his eyes. :)
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/ ... act-talks/

Diggs and Thielen are a nice duo. Thielen is a legitimately good NFL WR.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

fiestavike wrote: Diggs and Thielen are a nice duo. Thielen is a legitimately good NFL WR.
We might actually have a competent wide receiving corps again. ####, maybe someone will finally be able to get 1,000 yards this coming season? :lol:

Vikings need to place the first round tender on Adam. No sense trying to get cute and lose him to an actual well-run team like New England.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote:http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/ ... act-talks/

This might be one of those situations the Vikings can use in their negotiations with Adrian, similar to that article you posted. Take a pay cut so a guy like Thielen who has risen up from walk on, to busting his #### on special teams, to a near 1,000 yard receiver can get his fair share.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote:This might be one of those situations the Vikings can use in their negotiations with Adrian, similar to that article you posted. Take a pay cut so a guy like Thielen who has risen up from walk on, to busting his #### on special teams, to a near 1,000 yard receiver can get his fair share.
That's true. I would also think they could use the OL openings that way. I'm sure he'd like to have better blocking in front of him if he's going to stay in Minnesota.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

They need to act like men. Make him an offer that represents what his services are worth to them and let the chips fall where they may.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mothman wrote: That's true. I would also think they could use the OL openings that way. I'm sure he'd like to have better blocking in front of him if he's going to stay in Minnesota.
"Man I'd give anything to run through holes that size!"

"Funny you should mention that Adrian... "

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: "Man I'd give anything to run through holes that size!"

"Funny you should mention that Adrian... "
:lol:
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

What about Paul Solia (sp?) as d line depth for 2 years?