View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next
 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc) 
Author Message
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17789
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
I would be ok with signing Teddy to some kind of incentive laden extension that could be voidable if he doesn't recover enough to play. That actually makes enough sense that I don't think Spielman has even thought of that option.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3226
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Mothman wrote:

Considering Cleveland's history since returning to the league, I'm not sure id wish that fate on any QB. ;)


I'm optimistic on Cleveland for the first time in my life. Actually, I think Cleveland is closer to a superbowl victory than the vikings :gone:


lol because they have a good offensive line? They literally have nothing else. Like zero. No less nobody wants to play there :lol:


Check three years from now and the Wilfs will likely have caved to public pressure, fired Zimmer and Spielman, and be starting all over again. Meanwhile, Cleveland is getting ahead of the curve and seems to have a coherent organizational vision for the first time I can recall. *edit I will have a real satisfaction if I ever get to watch Teddy Bridgewater QB the Browns to a Super Bowl while the vikings are trying to reinvent themselves with Mike McCoy or something.


Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:39 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
fiestavike wrote:
Check three years from now and the Wilfs will likely have caved to public pressure, fired Zimmer and Spielman, and be starting all over again.


Three years from now that might be justified, public pressure or not. Heck, it might be perfectly justifiable, and even advisable, by next January if the team spends 2017 looking like it did over the final 11 games of 2016. It's hard to say at this point. To re-phrase something I said in the Spielman thread, a long term commitment is only going to pay off with a championship if there's a strong vision and a commitment to the right people for the job(s) in the first place. So far, it looks to me like the Vikings might be charting a 3 year course into Bengals territory and Cincy's spent 14 years under Marvin Lewis without a single playoff win. That's a scenario I'd really like to see the Vikes avoid.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Cleveland is getting ahead of the curve and seems to have a coherent organizational vision for the first time I can recall.


It's an unorthodox vision but I'm not sure it will prove to be an effective one. It's certainly off to a rough start.


Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:59 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10703
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
No big surprise but Brian Robison saying 2018 will probably be his last year.


Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:22 pm
Profile
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am
Posts: 40
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Quote:
Meanwhile, Cleveland is getting ahead of the curve and seems to have a coherent organizational vision for the first time I can recall.



The trade for Osweiler and a 2nd rounder...adding to a boat load of picks doesn't change my perception of them yet--they still have to make the picks. Wasn't that long ago they drafted Trent Richardson, and Weeden in the 1st.
There was a report they are considering Mitch Trubisky with pick 1 while Hue maintains Garrett should be pick 1. I would usually think of this as a smokescreen, but its the Browns.


Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:39 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17789
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
ocampo82 wrote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, Cleveland is getting ahead of the curve and seems to have a coherent organizational vision for the first time I can recall.



The trade for Osweiler and a 2nd rounder...adding to a boat load of picks doesn't change my perception of them yet--they still have to make the picks. Wasn't that long ago they drafted Trent Richardson, and Weeden in the 1st.
There was a report they are considering Mitch Trubisky with pick 1 while Hue maintains Garrett should be pick 1. I would usually think of this as a smokescreen, but its the Browns.

I think they should take Garrett. He will be a beast, imo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1617
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
@Andrew_Krammer
13m
2nd-year CB Mackensie Alexander was a full go at start of Vikings' strength/conditioning programs. Rookie year ended w/ groin surgery.

Anybody know he had surgery :?:


Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 2748
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Nick Underhill‏Verified account
@nick_underhill


The Saints open the season on the road against the Vikings on Monday Night Football, I’m told.


In other news...
Quote:
According to the Common Man Dan Cole's source AP will get signed by the Saints today

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
808vikingsfan wrote:
Nick Underhill‏Verified account
@nick_underhill


The Saints open the season on the road against the Vikings on Monday Night Football, I’m told.


In other news...
Quote:
According to the Common Man Dan Cole's source AP will get signed by the Saints today



Classic NFL marketing. :appl:


Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17789
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
808vikingsfan wrote:
Nick Underhill‏Verified account
@nick_underhill


The Saints open the season on the road against the Vikings on Monday Night Football, I’m told.


In other news...
Quote:
According to the Common Man Dan Cole's source AP will get signed by the Saints today

Holy crap.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Posts: 2748
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
2017 schedule so far

Two Monday Nights and two Thursday nights so far. Bye week in week 9. Maybe they can go 8-0 before the bye this year.

_________________
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014


Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7974
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
The Vikings need to FINISH strong for once. Be a dominate team, take on their coaches personality. A lot of time we come out strong, but fade away, much like Richards Simmons. :(


Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1617
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
@christomasson
18m
Latavius Murray is in a walking boot. He plans to be ready for training camp.


Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:35 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10703
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
No surprise, but looks to be official:

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings will not exercise the fifth-year option on quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday.


Mon May 01, 2017 3:17 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
S197 wrote:
No surprise, but looks to be official:

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings will not exercise the fifth-year option on quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday.


Probably won't see Teddy in '17 to help toll his contract forward to '18. Though Rick said Teddy was doing some passing drills as part of the rehab. It'll be really interesting to see if he's on the PUP the entire year, and even more interesting to see what happens in 2018 between Sam and Teddy.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1617
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
dead_poet wrote:
S197 wrote:
No surprise, but looks to be official:

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings will not exercise the fifth-year option on quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday.


Probably won't see Teddy in '17 to help toll his contract forward to '18. Though Rick said Teddy was doing some passing drills as part of the rehab. It'll be really interesting to see if he's on the PUP the entire year, and even more interesting to see what happens in 2018 between Sam and Teddy.


If Sam and the team have a good year :popcorn:
I think they will keep Teddy on the pup all season.


Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
halfgiz wrote:
If Sam and the team have a good year :popcorn:
I think they will keep Teddy on the pup all season.


If I'm reading things correctly, he only has to be on the PUP for the first 6 weeks for his contact to toll, allowing the "5th" Year Option to carry over. I'd be lying if I didn't love the idea of Teddy being active following the week 9 bye, if he's ready.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 11:23 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
If Sam and the team have a good year :popcorn:
I think they will keep Teddy on the pup all season.


If I'm reading things correctly, he only has to be on the PUP for the first 6 weeks for his contact to toll, allowing the "5th" Year Option to carry over.


If that's true, it's very strange.

Where did you see/hear that info?


Wed May 03, 2017 11:45 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Vikes remain interested in Michael Floyd

http://vikingsterritory.com/2017/rumors ... hael-floyd

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 12:16 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Mothman wrote:
dead_poet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
If Sam and the team have a good year :popcorn:
I think they will keep Teddy on the pup all season.


If I'm reading things correctly, he only has to be on the PUP for the first 6 weeks for his contact to toll, allowing the "5th" Year Option to carry over.


If that's true, it's very strange.

Where did you see/hear that info?


Ian Rapoport

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/sta ... 1059406850

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 12:18 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,


Thanks.

That's not much to go on. :( I cant even see the question Rapoport is answering! Is that just my Twitter inexperience showing or was he asked the question privately and then the answer was posted? All the reporting I've seen on this says Bridgewater would have to be on the PUP list all season for the contract to toll. It seems odd that he could actually come off the list and conceivably play half a season but still have the contract toll as if that half season didn't count toward fulfillment of his deal. That may very well be how it works. It just seems strange.


Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Mothman wrote:


Thanks.

That's not much to go on. :( I cant even see the question Rapoport is answering! Is that just my Twitter inexperience showing or was he asked the question privately and then the answer was posted? All the reporting I've seen on this says Bridgewater would have to be on the PUP list all season for the contract to toll. It seems odd that he could actually come off the list and conceivably play half a season but still have the contract toll as if that half season didn't count toward fulfillment of his deal. That may very well be how it works. It just seems strange.


Try this: https://twitter.com/NicholasJOlson/stat ... 8293014529

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Wed May 03, 2017 1:35 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
dead_poet wrote:
Mothman wrote:


Thanks.

That's not much to go on. :( I cant even see the question Rapoport is answering! Is that just my Twitter inexperience showing or was he asked the question privately and then the answer was posted? All the reporting I've seen on this says Bridgewater would have to be on the PUP list all season for the contract to toll. It seems odd that he could actually come off the list and conceivably play half a season but still have the contract toll as if that half season didn't count toward fulfillment of his deal. That may very well be how it works. It just seems strange.


Try this: https://twitter.com/NicholasJOlson/stat ... 8293014529



Thanks. The additional context is very helpful.

If those two things actually work together as described, that's sort of an odd loophole (if that's the right word for it) that's rough on a player in Bridgewater's circumstances. Even if the contract tolls at the post-week 6 mark, I would think the tolling would remain conditional on the player being unavailable for the remainder of the season. If he returned to active duty 2 weeks later it seems like the final year should still count. Maybe it doesn't work that way. Weird!


Wed May 03, 2017 2:01 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7974
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
808vikingsfan wrote:
2017 schedule so far

Two Monday Nights and two Thursday nights so far. Bye week in week 9. Maybe they can go 8-0 before the bye this year.

Doubtful, when they will only reach 8-8 when all is said and done.


Wed May 03, 2017 8:40 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Per Vensel, Rick said the Vikes not picking up Teddy's option doesn't mean he's not in their long-term plans. Declined to discuss what needs to happen in order for Teddy's contract to toll.

Also per Vensel, Rick said Zim had two more eye procedures in the last two weeks. Now 8 total. Yikes.

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri May 05, 2017 8:43 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
dead_poet wrote:
Per Vensel, Rick said the Vikes not picking up Teddy's option doesn't mean he's not in their long-term plans.


I have mixed feelings about that, depending on what he means. If it's simply meant to be encouraging, a way of saying they aren't writing off the chance he'll play football again, that's great. If he's actually a part of their long term plans right now in a way any more substantial than "if he recovers, we'll give him a chance to carve out a role with the team again", I find that discouraging. I say that because in a practical sense, they should be planning as if he will never be a viable starter for them again. As I've said before, I don't say that to be heartless. I just think they need to be fully prepared for that outcome. Their long-term plans at QB should in no way hinge on his return to the starting job.

Quote:
Also per Vensel, Rick said Zim had two more eye procedures in the last two weeks. Now 8 total. Yikes.


Yikes indeed. I hope he comes out of all this with a good vision again.


Fri May 05, 2017 9:22 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Due to the nature of TB's injury I would feel any plans on him returning to start would be akin to planning on Loadholt and Sullivan to anchor the line after their injuries.
I hope the talk is just that and they they have learned from the recent past. The Bradford signing says, to me, that is the case.
And then Teddy could beat the odds...


Fri May 05, 2017 9:37 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Nunin wrote:
Due to the nature of TB's injury I would feel any plans on him returning to start would be akin to planning on Loadholt and Sullivan to anchor the line after their injuries.


Yes, that's a much more succinct way of making the point i was attempting to make above.


Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23677
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Zim said he's more optimistic about Teddy playing again than he originally was, though admits he still has a ways to go (in his recovery/rehab).

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Fri May 05, 2017 12:19 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1617
Post Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,
Looks like CJ Hamm could be our new fullback.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/5/8/1 ... ck-c-j-ham


Mon May 08, 2017 4:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 22  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PsyDanny and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.