2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I thought he was referring to how long Teddy holds the ball in the pocket. Under pressure, you couldnt ask for better. But there were a lot of times he held onto it too long. That was another reason why I would prefer Bradford over Teddy because his release and sense to get it out quick was way better than Teddy's
It was both. To be fair, and to DPs point, the OL is very much different and improved this season. I wl would be very interesting to see what teddy could do with this OL.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings claimed RB Mack Brown.

Interesting.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings waived WR Rodney Adams and some center they signed late last week.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi this morning, this is not going to help our chances to grab that #1 seed.
Last edited by Grashopa on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly AADPFan
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Grashopa wrote:Eagles traded for Jay Ajai this morning, this is not going to help our chances to grab that #1 seed.
Just saw that. I'll tell you what, I've lost a lot of respect for Adam Gase. He calls the damn offense and has done nothing but publicly call his players out when they dont perform. And what bothers me most with him is that the only reason anyone knows who he is is because of Peyton Manning. He takes zero blame on how poor their offense is then just dumps Ajayi. And might be trading Landry. Guy needs to be fired.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Grashopa wrote:Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi this morning, this is not going to help our chances to grab that #1 seed.
Still a lot of season left. Eagles look amazing right now, but we have seen how quickly a season can evaporate.

All we can do is support our team and hope for the best. It's been a fun season and I am hoping to our continued success.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Still a lot of season left. Eagles look amazing right now, but we have seen how quickly a season can evaporate.

All we can do is support our team and hope for the best. It's been a fun season and I am hoping to our continued success.
Philly looked great last year too, then Wentz fell off. I have not seen anything from them that makes me feel they are unbeatable.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Still a lot of season left. Eagles look amazing right now, but we have seen how quickly a season can evaporate.

Think the Eagles have mostly played cupcakes so far. The meat of their season is coming up. And as well the Vikings have an important stretch. Compelling football.
Price of admission pays for the whole seat but you'll only need the edge.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Spielman, team won't make a decision on Teddy until the deadline (next Wed). Will consult Teddy's doctor, medical staff, Zimmer.

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect him to start right out of the bye IF he's activated.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Per Spielman, team won't make a decision on Teddy until the deadline (next Wed). Will consult Teddy's doctor, medical staff, Zimmer.

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect him to start right out of the bye IF he's activated.
My best guess is that his first start will be the Rams game. If for no other reason than the mental aspect of playing in front of the home fans instead of in a hostile road environment. This has been my prediction since he started practicing. Just imagine how big of a pop he'll get when they announce the starting QB. As if the Bank isn't already loud.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

akvikingsfan wrote: My best guess is that his first start will be the Rams game. If for no other reason than the mental aspect of playing in front of the home fans instead of in a hostile road environment. This has been my prediction since he started practicing. Just imagine how big of a pop he'll get when they announce the starting QB. As if the Bank isn't already loud.
I'd want to go just for that alone. It would go CRAZY.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: I'd want to go just for that alone. It would go CRAZY.
I have tickets to that game already (granted I ended up with tickets to 5 games this year), but the fact that I'll be there is the main reason I want it to happen.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

akvikingsfan wrote: My best guess is that his first start will be the Rams game. If for no other reason than the mental aspect of playing in front of the home fans instead of in a hostile road environment. This has been my prediction since he started practicing. Just imagine how big of a pop he'll get when they announce the starting QB. As if the Bank isn't already loud.
Yeah him coming back vs. the Rams is definitely a good possibility. I highly doubt we see Keenum start vs both Washington AND LA
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

My question is will teddy get "hit" at all during practice? It will be hard for him to get used to being tackled again, I would think.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:My question is will teddy get "hit" at all during practice? It will be hard for him to get used to being tackled again, I would think.

Nope