2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Actually, his dad was a regular contributor in the scout.com forum a while back. He was real down to earth and answered questions as best he could. Never got into arguments and just let people voice their opinions of his son good or bad. Seemed like a real cool guy.
That's pretty cool. I've only been to that forum a handful of times but things can get pretty rough over there, glad to hear he has thick skin.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Richard Sherman is on the trade block...anyone interested? Would you give up a 2nd this year and 2nd next year to get him? He has 2 years left on his contract.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

cmoss84 wrote:Richard Sherman is on the trade block...anyone interested? Would you give up a 2nd this year and 2nd next year to get him? He has 2 years left on his contract.
Nope. I would focus on getting Rhodes inked to a long term deal. He and Waynes will make a good tandem I think. We have enough invested in the corner position, I don't think the Vikings have the luxury to give up two 2nds for Sherman (plus pay his contract).
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Nope. I would focus on getting Rhodes inked to a long term deal. He and Waynes will make a good tandem I think. We have enough invested in the corner position, I don't think the Vikings have the luxury to give up two 2nds for Sherman (plus pay his contract).
I agree. Maybe if they still had their first rounder, but you'd be going into this draft without a pick in the first two rounds. Not a good move when you desperately need OL and WR help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I'd want nothing to do with Sherman. We don't need him and I was never a fan of his to begin with.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I'd want nothing to do with Sherman. We don't need him and I was never a fan of his to begin with.
Why aren't you a fan. It's tempting to bring in that level of talent but not realistic as the cost to do so would cripple the team. We already have a QB problem that I doubt the GMs planned for. As a result, we are going to lose a couple of pretty good players in the next few years.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@eric_j_thompson
3h
Old friend John Sullivan signed with the #Rams, who are obviously trying to start the world's oldest offensive line.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

S197 wrote: Nope. I would focus on getting Rhodes inked to a long term deal. He and Waynes will make a good tandem I think. We have enough invested in the corner position, I don't think the Vikings have the luxury to give up two 2nds for Sherman (plus pay his contract).

Agree.....would be a huge mistake imho. Need to concentrate on the OL, DT, QB, LB.....too many other needs
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

halfgiz wrote:@eric_j_thompson
3h
Old friend John Sullivan signed with the #Rams, who are obviously trying to start the world's oldest offensive line.
Old man strength is a real thing. Assuming they are healthy, I don't think its a bad strategy for building an OL!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote: Why aren't you a fan. It's tempting to bring in that level of talent but not realistic as the cost to do so would cripple the team. We already have a QB problem that I doubt the GMs planned for. As a result, we are going to lose a couple of pretty good players in the next few years.
He's a big mouth. Getting old. No need for him. Cost too much. Anything else?

And we have a QB problem? And who are we losing??
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@ProFootballTalk
4h
Report: Seahawks looking for a player and a high draft pick for Richard Sherman.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:@ProFootballTalk
4h
Report: Seahawks looking for a player and a high draft pick for Richard Sherman.
Exactly. Yeah no thanks
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:@ProFootballTalk
4h
Clemmings and a 3rd! :twisted:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote: Clemmings and a 3rd! :twisted:
Brilliant :rock:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The Fake ESPN
@TheFakeESPN
Apr 5
Breaking: Tony Romo injured his vocal chords in a broadcast simulation and will miss the first 4 games of the season.