2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet »

According to Zimmer, Reiff has a sprain. He used more dumb words to kind of say that. Not broken though. But I worry for high ankle. No clue though. Here's his quote:

https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/stat ... 6711414785
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Griffen has been playing through plantar fasciitis.

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/sta ... 6520096769
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Sounds like Zimmer did what most wanted: he named Case the QB going forward:

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/sta ... 8411823106
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

dead_poet wrote:According to Zimmer, Reiff has a sprain. He used more dumb words to kind of say that. Not broken though. But I worry for high ankle. No clue though. Here's his quote:

https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/stat ... 6711414785
Zimmer isn't in a good mood today. Good. Neither am I. Hurrumph.

Video of presser: https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status ... 4747320326
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:Sounds like Zimmer did what most wanted: he named Case the QB going forward:

You know, I would have been fine with either. If Teddy is looking good in practice, this might be the game to give him a go. I love Keenums scrambling skills, but I'm starting to think his ball placement will be the undoing of this playoff run. When you play against the top tier teams, you have to take advantage of situations when they present themselves. I have no clue how Teddy will look, but I think it would be a good idea to see what's there. Then again, that TD pass to Thielen. Eh, stick with Case. I just wish he could hit those plays. There's been at least a couple of TD plays per game that he's missed the past few weeks.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote:Sounds like Zimmer did what most wanted: he named Case the QB going forward:

This is just ... incorrect. I listened to the presser live. He never said that. He said Keenum would start against Cincinnati. He said nothing about the rest of the season. Courtney Cronin is smoking something. Terrible reporting.

He also didn't name Reiff's injury or his status. In fact, he said, "Today is Monday. I’m not going to talk about injuries. We’re not going to go there." Then he said you can call it a sprain or a strain or "whatever you want." Basically, he said absolutely nothing about Reiff's injury or status.

One reporter asked him if he was holding back starters who were nicked up so they'd be healthy for the playoffs. That question did not go over well with Zimmer, who pretty much chewed out the reporter. KFAN talked about that for 20 minutes, whether it was a legitimate question. I can tell you that Zimmer DID NOT think it was.

In all, Zimm was very Parcells-like. Brutal on the reporters. Obviously in a sour mood after spending most of the day watching film of his team making mistakes.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: This is just ... incorrect. I listened to the presser live. He never said that. He said Keenum would start against Cincinnati. He said nothing about the rest of the season. Courtney Cronin is smoking something. Terrible reporting.

He also didn't name Reiff's injury or his status. In fact, he said, "Today is Monday. I’m not going to talk about injuries. We’re not going to go there." Then he said you can call it a sprain or a strain or "whatever you want." Basically, he said absolutely nothing about Reiff's injury or status.

One reporter asked him if he was holding back starters who were nicked up so they'd be healthy for the playoffs. That question did not go over well with Zimmer, who pretty much chewed out the reporter. KFAN talked about that for 20 minutes, whether it was a legitimate question. I can tell you that Zimmer DID NOT think it was.

In all, Zimm was very Parcells-like. Brutal on the reporters. Obviously in a sour mood after spending most of the day watching film of his team making mistakes.
Yeah, after listening to the whole thing it didn't feel like he said Case was The Guy going forward.

The way he hesitated with the sprain question makes me think that's what it is. I mean, it's the most obvious. Severity is key. Given the cart treatment and boot I'd be shocked if he suited up. We desperately need Remmers back so Hill can start at LT (even though he's had a rough stretch as of late).

It's hilarious how much Zimmer hates Tomasson. I think he's the one that asked about resting starters.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Good-ish news on Reiff, if true. Likely out 1-2 weeks.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/stat ... 7817891840
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Good-ish news on Reiff, if true. Likely out 1-2 weeks.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/stat ... 7817891840
What about Remmers/Elflein?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:What about Remmers/Elflein?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Last I read about Elflein he wasn't that far away. I'm hopeful he's back this week. No idea on Remmers.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not too worried about our line yet. As long as we can have Elflein and Reiff back to 80% by the playoffs and can keep Berger clean, I feel confident in our depth at LG and RT if something pops up there.

If Reiff and Remmers both continue missing time, I'll be more worried with Hill as our best tackle.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: Last I read about Elflein he wasn't that far away. I'm hopeful he's back this week. No idea on Remmers.
Remmers has been dealing with a low-back issue, which can be problematic for offensive linemen.

Hoping he's back soon. Without Reiff, our depth at tackle is severely limited.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings signed some giant O-lineman named Storm Norton to the PS (released Jack Tocho)
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:Vikings signed some giant O-lineman named Storm Norton to the PS (released Jack Tocho)
Willie Beavers on somebody's PS.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

halfgiz wrote: Willie Beavers on somebody's PS.
Hah