2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

S197 wrote:Not sure how I feel about Diggs playing this week. Obviously it's great when he's in the lineup but if he sits, he'll effectively have had a month to recuperate. I'd hate for him to have this bother him the whole year because he rushed back.
I was thinking the same thing!! I dont understand why he would come back this week. It's a game we dont need him in and like you said, he'll get two more weeks off. However, he really needs to start figuring this groin thing out. He had the same issue last year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I was thinking the same thing!! I dont understand why he would come back this week. It's a game we dont need him in and like you said, he'll get two more weeks off. However, he really needs to start figuring this groin thing out. He had the same issue last year
He practiced in full today. I get resting him but he might be 100%. He said this one was not nearly as severe as last year's. They also may limit his reps, too. If he's fully healthy, the only reason why I'd sit him is if the field is trash. Maybe not give him the full compliment of snaps.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote: He practiced in full today. I get resting him but he might be 100%. He said this one was not nearly as severe as last year's. They also may limit his reps, too. If he's fully healthy, the only reason why I'd sit him is if the field is trash. Maybe not give him the full compliment of snaps.
This would be a great opportunity to give him limited snaps even if he's only 80% and see how he responds.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

A gem from Barr:

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

This isn't a dirty team, is there anyone outside of Wisconsin that believes it was a dirty hit? Obviously not the NFL. Seriously, get over it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:This isn't a dirty team, is there anyone outside of Wisconsin that believes it was a dirty hit? Obviously not the NFL. Seriously, get over it.
Well, fhe league must otherwise Sendejo wouldn't be suspended.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

What
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per RapSheet, Teddy is expected to come off PUP this week and compete for the starting job.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:Per RapSheet, Teddy is expected to come off PUP this week and compete for the starting job.
We need him. ASAP. As long as he is 100%. Or Sam, if he's 100%. Had enough Case for this year, he almost gives me a heart attack when he goes back to throw, even though he doesnt turn it over.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PurpleKoolaid wrote: We need him. ASAP. As long as he is 100%. Or Sam, if he's 100%. Had enough Case for this year, he almost gives me a heart attack when he goes back to throw, even though he doesnt turn it over.
He's also only been sacked 4 times all year. He is light years ahead of teddy as far as pocket presence. But I agree, we need either teddy or Sam... But only if wither are 100%.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:He's also only been sacked 4 times all year. He is light years ahead of teddy as far as pocket presence. But I agree, we need either teddy or Sam... But only if wither are 100%.

Are you KIDDING me? Teddy's pocket presence was one of the tops in the league. He's so cool, especially being pressured on every other throw. Seriously, Google Teddy vs. blitz or pressure.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

All I remember is him running away all the time rather than trying to complete a play down field. Idk.

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:All I remember is him running away all the time rather than trying to complete a play down field. Idk.

Because he was being pressured a decade-high rates. OMG. By this time in 2015 Clemmings had allowed dozens of pressures and multiple sacks. Reiff has YET to allow a sack this season. Not to mention other offensive line improvements. His scrambling was by necessity. Seriously, Google it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote: Because he was being pressured a decade-high rates. OMG. By this time in 2015 Clemmings had allowed dozens of pressures and multiple sacks. Reiff has YET to allow a sack this season. Not to mention other offensive line improvements. His scrambling was by necessity. Seriously, Google it.
Well we will likely see what happened behind this improved OL.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote: Are you KIDDING me? Teddy's pocket presence was one of the tops in the league. He's so cool, especially being pressured on every other throw. Seriously, Google Teddy vs. blitz or pressure.
I thought he was referring to how long Teddy holds the ball in the pocket. Under pressure, you couldnt ask for better. But there were a lot of times he held onto it too long. That was another reason why I would prefer Bradford over Teddy because his release and sense to get it out quick was way better than Teddy's
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri