2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:All Vikings participated today. Remmers, Robison, Sendejo all questionable for Thursday.
I'd be careful with Sendejo and rushing him back. Harris is a greatly capable backup that gives Zimmer a luxury to sit him one more week if needed.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

CB and guard would be our 2 biggest needs next year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Wait,Michael Jordan is a Vikings fan? Since when?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:Wait,Michael Jordan is a Vikings fan? Since when?
This year.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: This year.
Yeah seriously. Does he have any connection to Minnesota?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: Yeah seriously. Does he have any connection to Minnesota?
Not other than bestie Ahmad Rashad that I'm aware of.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Addressing a couple things above.....

Gedeon is the starting WLB but honestly, they don't play enough to say so in this defense. I would've loved Myles Jack but like I said during that offseason, where would he fit in? You aren't starting him over Barr or Kendricks. Are we going to draft him to play 20 snaps a game? Gedeon is a thumper on early downs. That's all you really need in this defense. Nickel CBs are more important than WLBs in this defense.

I would love some more CB depth. Not big on Brock but as we all know, it takes some time to understand this defense. He's been a decent CB other places. I'm not giving up on him yet as a depth piece. We'll have to replace Newman sooner than later anyways. And if we win the SB, Newman is definitely gone.

I think #1 overall need is 3 tech DT. Or just DT in general. Johnson is getting old, Stephen is more of a role player. I feel bad for Floyd. Floyd was very good his first couple years. He dominated Seattle in that playoff game. He would've been a force if this didn't happen to him. But DT is definitely the biggest need. I would say next would be OG. Berger will probably retire. I like Isidora but we could use some depth there. Sirles is a good fill in guy too.

Of course QB is a no brainer but I believe they keep Keenum and Teddy. It's obvious. I love Sam but he's going to probably command the most. Teddy won't because of the injury and Keenum would command too much I wouldn't think. I think this would be a good time to draft one too. Especially given this is a good class
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I didn't know what you guys were talking about with Michael Jordan, So I googled it. Cool that Ahmad still cares; cool that we're playing well enough to convert Michael.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote:Zimmer just said in his presser that Keenum has "big balls."

End message.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

John_Viveiros wrote: Think about that for a second. What is the Vikings biggest need for the 2018 draft?
A stud kicker.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

soflavike wrote: A stud kicker.
Agreed. That should be #2 after getting the QB situation figured out.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

soflavike wrote: A stud kicker.
Wonder how you find a really good kicker. Even good ones like we had in Walsh become headcases that cost us chance at a playoff spot. And no HC has faith in the to make the big kick.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Andrew Krammer Retweeted

Trae Waynes‏@TWaynes_15

To everyone who is asking: my shoulder is doing good! Thanks for the concern!
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Wonder how you find a really good kicker. Even good ones like we had in Walsh become headcases that cost us chance at a playoff spot. And no HC has faith in the to make the big kick.
Honestly, I like Forbath. Lets not forget, his FG percentage since he's been here is very high. XPs worry me more than anything. Last year he was 15 for 15 on FGs and this year he's 24 for 28 with a couple of those being blocked which wasnt his fault.

XPs on the other hand, he missed 3 last year and 5 this year.

He's missed 4 FGs and 8 XPs since being here. That is a very strange statistic. Almost half of those were blocked. Overall, I think he's the best we're going to find right now.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Honestly, I like Forbath. Lets not forget, his FG percentage since he's been here is very high. XPs worry me more than anything. Last year he was 15 for 15 on FGs and this year he's 24 for 28 with a couple of those being blocked which wasnt his fault.

XPs on the other hand, he missed 3 last year and 5 this year.

He's missed 4 FGs and 8 XPs since being here. That is a very strange statistic. Almost half of those were blocked. Overall, I think he's the best we're going to find right now.
Also my wife and I enjoy yelling KAI (almost a bird sound) when he make a field goal, so he stays.