View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread) 
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)
halfgiz wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
We're currently expressing intrest in Reiff Riley.
Edit: Riley Reiff

PHP, is it fair to say that Reiff's strong suit is in the running game?

Yes

I mean it's tough to judge because Detroits running game has been horrid for quite some time now. I wouldnt be upset if we signed Reiff but he's very inconsistent. Similar to another Kalil to be honest.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:
@christomasson
41m
Adrian Peterson dad said #Vikings still in mix but son doesn't like they haven't given him any offer "That'd make him feel more appreciated"
:rofl: :rofl:

Adrian Peterson dad on Raiders "They haven't been trying to get O-linemen from the bottom of the barrel & trying to make them into something.

I'm just going to roll my eyes at this :roll: Typical AP's dad

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote:
For the record, I will be extremely upset if we lose both AD and Patterson this offseason, especially with the struggles our offense has had in the last many years.

I'm done with AP at this point. Would like to see CP around for ST purposes but I want to see Laquon in there

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:01 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote:
Jaguars re-signed OG Patrick Omameh to a one-year, $775,000 contract.
Signed to a one-year deal last offseason, Omameh went on to make seven starts at left guard and play 454 snaps total. He graded out well in pass protection at Pro Football Focus and figures to be interior depth in 2017, though the Jaguars could give Omameh a crack at earning the starting job.

Wow can't believe he took that low of an offer. He could've gotten more on the market IMO

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

I wouldnt mind Philly Brown as a #4 WR. Although we need to find some height on this WR core. Still curious what the deal is with Wright. Maybe that's why we might be letting CP go. Because they plan on holding onto Wright. If so, from a WR perspective, I'm ok with that.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:09 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I'm not sure how accurate this is.

Ryan Boser
@Ryan_Boser
7h
Vikings have offered Matt Kalil 3/~$30M w/bonuses/incentives which would likely be based on being active on gameday.

Carolina is still involved as well. and I hope they get him.

:puke:

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:11 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:
I'm not sure how accurate this is.

Ryan Boser
@Ryan_Boser
7h
Vikings have offered Matt Kalil 3/~$30M w/bonuses/incentives which would likely be based on being active on gameday.

Carolina is still involved as well. and I hope they get him.

:puke:

I think 3 years is a little long for my liking but I said before he could be one of our only options at LT this year without a first round pick. I think it's smart resigning him AND drafting one. But that looks like a little too much for my liking. At the same time though, with a weak tackle market, you're going to see a lot of high priced contracts

Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:39 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote:
The St. Paul Pioneer Press' Chris Tomasson reports the Vikings have reached out to free agent DT Domata Peko.
According to Tomasson, the Bengals, Eagles, and 49ers are also in the mix. Peko played for Vikings coach Mike Zimmer in Cincinnati and is a logical fit as a depth piece in Minnesota, though his game has fallen off in recent years. Peko turns 33 this year and won't cost much on a short-term deal.

Wouldnt mind him as a depth piece. Good guy to have in case Linval goes down

Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent RT Rick Wagner is expected to sign with the Lions.
The deal should become official on Thursday, "assuming no snags in final negotiations." Wagner was also being pursued by the Bears and Bills. It's a big get for the Lions, who needed a right tackle to replace free agent Riley Reiff. Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the deal is expected to net Wagner over $9 million annually.

...unreal. No less we let him fall right in our own division. But lets go get more injury prone tackles like Okung or Clady and hope everything is ok.....oh wait, or maybe Mr. Inconsistency Matt Kalil 2.0 in Riley Reiff. :wallbang: And we wonder why this OL wont get any better. Because we never want to spend any money on it via FA and dont draft them. We just get a bunch of has-beens

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:14 pm
Hall of Famer

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent RT Rick Wagner is expected to sign with the Lions.
The deal should become official on Thursday, "assuming no snags in final negotiations." Wagner was also being pursued by the Bears and Bills. It's a big get for the Lions, who needed a right tackle to replace free agent Riley Reiff. Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the deal is expected to net Wagner over $9 million annually.

...unreal. No less we let him fall right in our own division. But lets go get more injury prone tackles like Okung or Clady and hope everything is ok.....oh wait, or maybe Mr. Inconsistency Matt Kalil 2.0 in Riley Reiff. :wallbang: And we wonder why this OL wont get any better. Because we never want to spend any money on it via FA and dont draft them. We just get a bunch of has-beens

I am not too upset. Rick Wagner to me seems to be big lability in pass protection.

I would love having Riley here. I don't want Okung.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
I am not too upset. Rick Wagner to me seems to be big lability in pass protection.

I would love having Riley here. I don't want Okung.

No. You've got Wagner and Reiff mixed up man. Wagner is far from a liability in pass protection. Reiff is literally a little better version of Kalil. And about as inconsistent as it gets. Read the bold below:

Quote:
Lions agreed to terms with RT Rick Wagner on a multi-year deal worth in excess of $9 million annually.
The Bears are apparently outbidding everyone by a mile for Mike Glennon, but they couldn't beat the Lions' offer to Wagner, who will replace Riley Reiff at right tackle in Detroit. 27-year-old Wagner was one of the NFL's premier pass-blocking right tackles last season and holds his own in the running game. Largely durable, Wagner has started at least 14 games in three straight seasons. The deal makes him the NFL's second-highest paid right tackle behind Lane Johnson, who is being paid as a future left tackle in Philadelphia.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:54 pm
Backup

Quote:

I know this is disappointing to you....but it really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. There are few teams who don't need tackle help. Does he fit the Scheme well? No. The current Vikings don't chase and spend on these break the bank FA.....not there style. They have always been much more likely to land a top teir guard in FA. More bang for there buck there too! They'll get some tackle help....it will be enough to get them by in there quick hitting system. The run game is where they need the most help.....interior OL will be of greater benefit there too.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:23 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Alaskan wrote:

I know this is disappointing to you....but it really shouldn't come as much of a surprise. There are few teams who don't need tackle help. Does he fit the Scheme well? No. The current Vikings don't chase and spend on these break the bank FA.....not there style. They have always been much more likely to land a top teir guard in FA. More bang for there buck there too! They'll get some tackle help....it will be enough to get them by in there quick hitting system. The run game is where they need the most help.....interior OL will be of greater benefit there too.

Problem is, we're short only 1 guard. We are short 2 tackles and it's a much thinner market. You can find capable guards much easier in the draft or FA. The tackle market in both the draft and FA is about as scarce as it gets. I dont have a clue in the world of who they plan on put on either side.

Either way, we let Osemele walk and he turned into a pro bowler no less we just let a possible pro bowler fall in our own division. What was our main problem on the OL last year??? INJURIES. Ricky Wagner missed 2 games in 4 years. But why go get a durable offensive tackle right?? Let's just go get Russell Okung so we can save a few mill to probably pay guys like Matt Kalil and Adrian Peterson and watch them all go down after game 3. God if that happens I'll puke

Only ones I would consider from what I can think of is Whitworth and Reiff (who I'm not really big on). If we go any lower than those two, I'll snap

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:05 pm
Defensive Tackle

Problem is, we're short only 1 guard. We are short 2 tackles and it's a much thinner market. You can find capable guards much easier in the draft or FA. The tackle market in both the draft and FA is about as scarce as it gets. I dont have a clue in the world of who they plan on put on either side.

Either way, we let Osemele walk and he turned into a pro bowler no less we just let a possible pro bowler fall in our own division. What was our main problem on the OL last year??? INJURIES. Ricky Wagner missed 2 games in 4 years. But why go get a durable offensive tackle right?? Let's just go get Russell Okung so we can save a few mill to probably pay guys like Matt Kalil and Adrian Peterson and watch them all go down after game 3. God if that happens I'll puke

Only ones I would consider from what I can think of is Whitworth and Reiff (who I'm not really big on). If we go any lower than those two, I'll snap

Are you sure that ship hasn't sailed? You seem a tad worked up. ;)

It's not as if the Vikes just missed out on the second coming of Anthony Muñoz. You've been insisting for months that Spielman and Zimmer know what they're doing. Why not give them a chance to put whatever plan they've formulated into action?

Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:07 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Rick has no Problem dropping a #1 and a #4 on Bradford but he is trying to go thrifty fixing the line again.

Quote: Offense Line will be a priority....And it looks like Rick might have found a, end of the line DT and a backup QB. :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:33 pm
Backup

Mothman wrote:

It's not as if the Vikes just missed out on the second coming of Anthony Muñoz. You've been insisting for months that Spielman and Zimmer know what they're doing. Why not give them a chance to put whatever plan they've formulated into action?

I agree. Let Zimmer and Spielman work there plan. The Blocking Schemes are going to be different than they have been for the past 3 years and they are going to look to add personal whom fit what they are trying to do in a cost effective manner. OL play league wide is an issue and A LOT of teams are going to be in play for these top teir guys......are they worth it....maybe.

There are several pieces to this puzzle of putting together a team. One being, they have a lot of money to hand out over the next few years to a lot of the young talent, if they want to keep them.....somewhere they need to get more out of less....cant pay everyone big money....doesn't work that way.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:51 pm
Career Elite Player

Mothman wrote:

So let me get this straight.......PHP is attacking Rick and Jim is urging patience with the Vikings' FO with respect to OL?????

I gotta check to make sure someone didn't slip a roofie in my beer :ripple: :ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

:v):

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:41 pm
Defensive Tackle

VikingPaul73 wrote:
So let me get this straight.......PHP is attacking Rick and Jim is urging patience with the Vikings' FO with respect to OL?????

I gotta check to make sure someone didn't slip a roofie in my beer :ripple: :ripple: :ripple: :ripple:

:v):

:lol:

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not implying there's a good plan or that I think this is all going to work out particularly well. I have very little confidence in Rick Spielman or Mike Zimmer when it comes to offense or the OL. I'm just saying PHP has been expressing such confidence so if he's truly confident these guys know what they're doing (as he's been saying for months), why not give them a chance to actually do it?

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:47 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

:lol: Sorry guys I just really wanted Wagner. And it was rumored that we were looking at him and to see him fall in our own division really grinded my gears.

I do have a lot of confidence in Spielman and Zim. Maybe they are looking heavier in the draft. I have no clue.

Either way, I went against my own word and pulled my biggest no-no. And that was getting mad on the "First day of FA". So many fans do this every year and I always tell them to be patient and I clearly was not. I just really wanted Wagner. Durability, youth and protection is what we need on this line and Wagner was that IMO. There are other guys out there. Reiff is very durable. Just not the blocker Wagner is. Either way, I had a major freak out and I have now cooled down.

We can move on guys..... :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Looks like Kali is heading to the Panthers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... att-kalil/

Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am
Defensive Tackle

:lol: Sorry guys I just really wanted Wagner. And it was rumored that we were looking at him and to see him fall in our own division really grinded my gears.

I do have a lot of confidence in Spielman and Zim. Maybe they are looking heavier in the draft. I have no clue.

Either way, I went against my own word and pulled my biggest no-no. And that was getting mad on the "First day of FA". So many fans do this every year and I always tell them to be patient and I clearly was not. I just really wanted Wagner. Durability, youth and protection is what we need on this line and Wagner was that IMO. There are other guys out there. Reiff is very durable. Just not the blocker Wagner is. Either way, I had a major freak out and I have now cooled down.

We can move on guys..... :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:22 am
Defensive Tackle

halfgiz wrote:
Looks like Kali is heading to the Panthers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... att-kalil/

They want all the Kalils!

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:25 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Well it looks like we're down to Whitworth, Okung, Clady, Beachum and not sure after that. Let's hope we see some action

Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:13 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

.....anddddd Whitworth is gone. Just signed with the Rams. It would be nice if we made something happen here soon before TJ Clemmings is manning the left side again

Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:41 am
Practice Squad

At least Whitworth didn't end up in same division!

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:24 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Dakotavike wrote:
At least Whitworth didn't end up in same division!

Yeah we already had that happen once.....

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:47 am
Hall of Famer

if we don't get a top FA Guard or tackle I'll consider Speilman a wasteoid. We're in serious need that Kalill is gone. We can't have a off line of cast off retreads which is what I think Speilman is thinking.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:48 pm
Practice Squad

Something has to give at this point - we re literally not in on anybody right now and we need OL help bad. We have some room let's please sign a legit T and can get a decent guard. After that fine roll with what we have.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:38 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

teddiem wrote:
Something has to give at this point - we re literally not in on anybody right now and we need OL help bad. We have some room let's please sign a legit T and can get a decent guard. After that fine roll with what we have.

There are no legit tackles out there to sign. Couple legit guards but the way Spielman is, there isnt a chance in hell we sign any of them. Not too pleased about this. Not sure what he is saving all this precious money for

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:31 pm
Defensive Tackle

My guess is the Vikings are targeting Riley Reiff and perhaps a guard as well.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next