Vikings Message Board.Com
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/

2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29743
Page 20 of 20

Author:  S197 [ Thu May 25, 2017 2:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:
Steelers just released TE Ladarius Green. According to PFF he ranked second in yards per route run behind Gronk. Ahead of Kelce, Olsen, and Vernon Davis. Vikings should kick the tires.


He was on the verge of retiring due to concussions and we just drafted Hodges. I'll pass


Didn't realize his concussion history. I'm still wary of having only hodges as our pass catching TE after Rudolph. He presents intriguing mismatch opportunities but he's a late round pick that needs a lot of polishing.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu May 25, 2017 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

S197 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
S197 wrote:
Steelers just released TE Ladarius Green. According to PFF he ranked second in yards per route run behind Gronk. Ahead of Kelce, Olsen, and Vernon Davis. Vikings should kick the tires.


He was on the verge of retiring due to concussions and we just drafted Hodges. I'll pass


Didn't realize his concussion history. I'm still wary of having only hodges as our pass catching TE after Rudolph. He presents intriguing mismatch opportunities but he's a late round pick that needs a lot of polishing.

We still have David Morgan right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Author:  S197 [ Thu May 25, 2017 7:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

PurpleMustReign wrote:
We still have David Morgan right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


Yeah he is the primary blocking TE.

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Thu May 25, 2017 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
We still have David Morgan right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


Yeah he is the primary blocking TE.

I thought he looked good as a receiver too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Author:  S197 [ Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
We still have David Morgan right?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


Yeah he is the primary blocking TE.

I thought he looked good as a receiver too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk


Maybe Jermaine Wiggins good but not really like the modern day pass catchers (Gronk, Kelce, Olsen)

Author:  5thWave [ Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Is anyone else as shocked as I am that the Chiefs released Jeremy Maclin? I know he had some injuries last year, but I think he's a first-rate receiver. I wouldn't mind the Vikes taking a lookey see his way.

Author:  Pondering Her Percy [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

5thWave wrote:
Is anyone else as shocked as I am that the Chiefs released Jeremy Maclin? I know he had some injuries last year, but I think he's a first-rate receiver. I wouldn't mind the Vikes taking a lookey see his way.


We already have an extremely crowded WR corps. I'll pass

Author:  PurpleMustReign [ Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
5thWave wrote:
Is anyone else as shocked as I am that the Chiefs released Jeremy Maclin? I know he had some injuries last year, but I think he's a first-rate receiver. I wouldn't mind the Vikes taking a lookey see his way.


We already have an extremely crowded WR corps. I'll pass

Me too. Maclin doesn't bring anything special that we don't already have.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Author:  5thWave [ Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Allen Barbre has been released by the Eagles. I think the Vikes should take a good look at him. He majors at guard, but can fill in pretty well at tackle as well.

Author:  Xivios [ Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

5thWave wrote:
Allen Barbre has been released by the Eagles. I think the Vikes should take a good look at him. He majors at guard, but can fill in pretty well at tackle as well.

He was not released. He was traded to the Broncos.

Author:  5thWave [ Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Xivios wrote:
5thWave wrote:
Allen Barbre has been released by the Eagles. I think the Vikes should take a good look at him. He majors at guard, but can fill in pretty well at tackle as well.

He was not released. He was traded to the Broncos.


Well, it went down in a strange way. He was cut, then he was traded by the Eagles. How do you do that?

Page 20 of 20 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/