2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: via Rotoworld

Not sure if I'm big on this. I've always been a fan of him because I played against him in high school. However, if we were to sign him, I still think we should draft a RB.
I still want Jacquizz Rodgers. I think he's a very underrated swiss army knife type back. Granted, he'd be the 3rd RB, so there would still be room to draft a lead back.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: I still want Jacquizz Rodgers. I think he's a very underrated swiss army knife type back. Granted, he'd be the 3rd RB, so there would still be room to draft a lead back.
I wouldnt mind him. He just seems like a better version of McKinnon to me though.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I wouldnt mind him. He just seems like a better version of McKinnon to me though.
That's true, but I see them spreading it out and running lots of quick hitting plays. Having two backs like that isn't a negative. I agree they will need a power back for short yardage situations though.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Vikings a 'front-runner' for T.J. Lang
Both teams are desperate for guard help, so signing Lang would be huge. Lang is third in our NFL Free Agent Guard Rankings. -Walter
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors#pCTgekZFPRK894h9.99
Bengals will re-sign Andrew Withworth
It's being reported that a deal is already in place. Whitworth, despite being 35, is atop our NFL Free Agent Offensive Tackle Rankings, so the Bengals would be crazy to let him get away. -Walter
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors#pCTgekZFPRK894h9.99
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote: That's true, but I see them spreading it out and running lots of quick hitting plays. Having two backs like that isn't a negative. I agree they will need a power back for short yardage situations though.
Yeah I'm looking for a workhorse type guy. Rodgers isn't that but could be a good 3rd down back and help out in a pinch. This is why I want to draft one so bad though. There are so many potential workhorse type backs in this draft. Fournette, Cook, Perine, Foreman, Gallman, Mixon, Hood, etc, etc. I wouldnt mind Latavius Murray but I'd rather go even younger
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@DWolfsonKSTP
10h
One potential LT for #Vikings will be off the board. No shock, but heard RT Rick Wagner on MN's radar. Balt. has made offer, per Harbaugh. twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/s…
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:@DWolfsonKSTP
10h
One potential LT for #Vikings will be off the board. No shock, but heard RT Rick Wagner on MN's radar. Balt. has made offer, per Harbaugh. twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/s…
Great here goes to us signing a washed-up tackle like Clady or Okung :cry: :cry:
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Im not real big on any of the FA RB's out there. Someone should make a RB thread with FA's and draft choices. And what pros and cons people think. Im really hoping the go RB with a high pick, right after whatever tackle is available.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Im not real big on any of the FA RB's out there. Someone should make a RB thread with FA's and draft choices. And what pros and cons people think. Im really hoping the go RB with a high pick, right after whatever tackle is available.
Agree 100%
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

@GoesslingESPN
15h
Two RBs -- Tennessee's Alvin Kamara and Oklahoma's Samaje Perine -- said they've met with the Vikings at the NFL combine.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:@GoesslingESPN
15h
Two RBs -- Tennessee's Alvin Kamara and Oklahoma's Samaje Perine -- said they've met with the Vikings at the NFL combine.
:D :D :D :D :D
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: :D :D :D :D :D
I would draft Perine even if Peterson came back. He is probably better than Asiata in a lot of areas.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote: I would draft Perine even if Peterson came back. He is probably better than Asiata in a lot of areas.
He's 10x the back Asiata is. Guy is a beast. Some of the most impressive tape I've watched on any RB in this draft class. The guy just wont go down. Some sleeper RB's to watch out for too are Kareem Hunt out of Toledo and Brian Hill from Wyoming. Hunt's tape is very impressive as well
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Several talking heads on NFL.com seem to think Alshon would be a perfect fit for the Vikings. I'd take Brandon Marshall instead.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I really like hunt too. He hits the hole, very fluid, and has that nice burst of speed when he needs it. I want to know how good he is at blocking, he seems to be a good receiving RB. If he can block too, id love to see if we could get him with our 3rd, even if we have to move up.