2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: 2017 Vikings Free Agency Thread (Discussion Thread)

Post by jackal »

Well at least it wasn't a weapon assault or a rape.

Not that it's good to punch anyone.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

akvikingsfan wrote: Punched a female student in the face.
It didn't go exactly as you said. She said stuff she shouldn't have and put her hands on him, and he rightfully retaliated. I won't get into the petty semantics of "Well she slapped him and he punched her". She put her hands on him, irregardless. Anybody who really thinks that's okay for a woman to put their hands on a guy but he can't do the same because of some draconian sense of chivalry, then that's their problem. I suppose this line of thinking comes from my twisted world view though. :lol:

Either way, he's a beast, and if we get him, we have Zimmer to reign him in and you have genuine nice guys on the roster to help him out with his "temper".

Also, I don't buy the idea that the Vikings are not interested in Patterson. It's rare when we get two stud returners in Sherels and Patterson in one place, not only that, I think he really came into his own last season. The Vikes will for sure want to keep him.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

jackal wrote:Well at least it wasn't a weapon assault or a rape.

Not that it's good to punch anyone.
The girl was in his face and egging him on though. Again it still doesn't make it right, but it wasn't like he just punched her like Ray Rice.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

One guy still out there that I would really like to get is DT Bennie Logan from the Eagles. Surprised he's still out there

Also if Newman retires, I would like to make a run at Morris Claiborne
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

808vikingsfan wrote:The thing about Eddie.

Is he good on short yardage?
Can he pass block?

If I remember correctly, 3rd and short was a glaring weakness in 2016.

If he can do both well, I wouldn't mind him in purple but not as the featured back. I'm sure the Vikings would but a weight clause in his contract.
Look at Eddie Lacy, if he wasn't good on short down, he would have serious issues.

Your weight clause comment is silly, you realize he only ever clocked in over weight once in his entire career right?

If you don't want him as the featured back, then he as a signing is not for you, anyone who signs him is going to be paying for a franchise back. He isn't the type of guy your going to get on a bargain, even with that ankle.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

sotapopinski wrote:Has he seen half the amount of loaded boxes that AP had to face?
Lacy has gone through two periods in his career where he was facing loaded boxes week in week out.

In 2013 with Matt Flynn at QB, Eddy Lacy was the focal point of the D, which loaded the box each and every snap, he averaged 4.7 yards per carry and was the Packers leading scorer in that time span.

2015, Eddy Lacy's worse year in the NFL by far, teams loaded up on the run and tried to make the Packers 25th ranked passing game beat them every game post week 4, an overweight Eddy Lacy managed to rush for 4.1 yards per carry in that time span.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

IIsweet wrote:Mixon is exactly what we need on the field....
However, I know for a fact, 100%, that I could not nor would I ever root for him in front of my daughter or my son !
What he did, regardless of what she did to provoke him, is inexcusable in my book and completely against my beliefs and how I raise my family.
I get it.... I am Old School, but no matter how good he is.... There are lots of backs that can do similar things. Maybe not as well, but I can consciously and ethically buy their jersey and feel good supporting them !

Maybe not what some want to hear, but there are many fans out there thinking the same thing.
For him, I hope that he is a model citizen, has a great career, and forever preaches what he did was wrong.
"Regardless of what she did to provoke him"?

:lol: Oh please dude, spare me that non sense.

I haven't commented at all on this because I don't know the situation, context is key and I wouldn't want to speak on this matter because I know nothing about what the dispute was about, for me to make a judgement either way would be unfair to her and Mixon both.

But nobody, and I mean nobody, is above a well deserved #### whupping. If she truly was an egregious #### who thought she had carta blanch to get in the face of, and put hands on Mixon because of her gender, then let me be the first to say, I hope he popped that #### so good she still feels it. :lol:

Ill also say that if Mixon was just being an ####, that I hope he gets his comeuppance. Either way, I'm more concerned about the implications this has on his off the field decision making, even if that girl had it coming, he still needs to be smarter then that and realize that the repercussions of hitting her weren't going to be worth it.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jordysghost wrote: Lacy has gone through two periods in his career where he was facing loaded boxes week in week out.

In 2013 with Matt Flynn at QB, Eddy Lacy was the focal point of the D, which loaded the box each and every snap, he averaged 4.7 yards per carry and was the Packers leading scorer in that time span.

2015, Eddy Lacy's worse year in the NFL by far, teams loaded up on the run and tried to make the Packers 25th ranked passing game beat them every game post week 4, an overweight Eddy Lacy managed to rush for 4.1 yards per carry in that time span.
Seriously? I counted TWENTY NINE of your posts alone in two threads that Jim and I had to collectively clean up because you would not shut up about Lacy. And instead of getting the clue or listening to the warnings you... Post more about Lacy. Unbelievable.

The good thing is you made this decision real easy, your time on this forum is done.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I generally don't try and fight I have punched a few girls in the chest, once for spitting on me and the other was ripping
all the hair out of my best friends scalp and he wouldn't defend himself. I did warn her many times. If a woman acts like
a lady she would never be struck by me and those two things happened as a kid pretty much. but I think if a woman is being
violent and won't stop at some point she should be treated like any other violent person.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

so......any thoughts on Eddie Lacy?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Seriously? I counted TWENTY NINE of your posts alone in two threads that Jim and I had to collectively clean up because you would not shut up about Lacy. And instead of getting the clue or listening to the warnings you... Post more about Lacy. Unbelievable.

The good thing is you made this decision real easy, your time on this forum is done.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

S197 wrote: Seriously? I counted TWENTY NINE of your posts alone in two threads that Jim and I had to collectively clean up because you would not shut up about Lacy. And instead of getting the clue or listening to the warnings you... Post more about Lacy. Unbelievable.

I read those new comments and was about to take the same action when I saw your post. Enough is enough.

Thanks for cleaning up this thread too.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Jordysghost wrote: "Regardless of what she did to provoke him"?

:lol: Oh please dude, spare me that non sense.

I haven't commented at all on this because I don't know the situation, context is key and I wouldn't want to speak on this matter because I know nothing about what the dispute was about, for me to make a judgement either way would be unfair to her and Mixon both.

But nobody, and I mean nobody, is above a well deserved #### whupping. If she truly was an egregious #### who thought she had carta blanch to get in the face of, and put hands on Mixon because of her gender, then let me be the first to say, I hope he popped that #### so good she still feels it. :lol:

Ill also say that if Mixon was just being an ####, that I hope he gets his comeuppance. Either way, I'm more concerned about the implications this has on his off the field decision making, even if that girl had it coming, he still needs to be smarter then that and realize that the repercussions of hitting her weren't going to be worth it.
I will make this very simple.... , don't challenge my or someone's character and ethics. If you have a difference of opinion on a matter, so be it. If you can forgive and root for a player to do well regardless of what he did, good for you !
I will not. He's a great talent, but those are my personal beliefs, I didn't ask for yours because I don't care !
Nuff said.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

S197 wrote:
:lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: :lol:
My bad.... That's good news