Diggs on Bradford

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

Stefon Diggs lauds connection with Sam Bradford

Post by RFIP »

Stefon Diggs lauds connection with Sam Bradford
http://min.247sports.com/Bolt/Stefon-Di ... d-51102511

Stefon Diggs sat down with NFL Network and reserved some high praise for his connection with Sam Bradford.
Kyle Tasman - Feb 4, 10:51 AM

The Minnesota Vikings endured a difficult end to the 2016 season, but one of the bright spots on the year was the continued success of wide receiver Stefon Diggs.

A fifth-round pick in 2015, Diggs improved on an already promising start to his career, hauling in 84 passes for 904 yards and three touchdowns. If not for an injury which hampered him in final few games of the season, Diggs likely would have eclipsed 1,000 yards on the year.

Much of that was down to Diggs' connection with Sam Bradford, who arrived prior to the start of the season in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles. It's a connection that Diggs credits to the improvement on his rookie season.

"It's so weird, the dynamic that we have, because I didn't see him all training camp, no OTA's, no mini camp, so just go out there and put something together with a guy is special," Diggs said on NFL Network. "It just shows that if you want to play, you can get on the same page with a guy and it can happen -- easily. With consistency and time put in(together), some special things can happen.

Diggs wasn't done with Bradford, who impressed the young wide receiver -- and indeed the rest of the team -- with his poise and ability to take everything throw at him in stride.

"It just shows how impressive a guy is when he goes in, he earns respect, he puts the time in, he's just professional." Diggs said. "He comes in each and every day just to show you 'I'm serious about this'. Things in the past with him probably haven't been the best, but to me, he's an amazing quarterback. Especially to do the things that he did with what we had, he made something out of nothing in a lot of cases and you have to respect him.

"I love having him as a quarterback and I think with some time, you're going to see some great things out of Sam," Diggs added.

With the Vikings seemingly set on the perimeter and at quarterback, attention now turns to solving the troublesome issue along the offensive line.

If they do, Bradford to Diggs could become one of the most dynamic duos in the entire league.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Diggs on Bradford

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Not about Diggs on Bradford. Just Bradford. A few gifs on some impressive plays Bradford made in 2016.

Drew Mahowald‏ @DrewMahowald
If you don't mind I'm gonna tweet a thread of Bradford dimes because they're fun to watch
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

808vikingsfan wrote:Not about Diggs on Bradford. Just Bradford. A few gifs on some impressive plays Bradford made in 2016.

Drew Mahowald‏ @DrewMahowald
If you don't mind I'm gonna tweet a thread of Bradford dimes because they're fun to watch
Thanks for that. He definitely had some great throws. I also loathe Clemmings with the fire of 10,000 sun's.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Thielen and Bradford seem to have a good connection too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Actually so did Bradfordand Patterson.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

Diggs knows. You have to love Teddy as a person and root for a full recovery, but Bradford is just a better QB. He still has a good 5-6 years left in the tank.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

SidestreamFB Pete wrote:Diggs knows. You have to love Teddy as a person and root for a full recovery, but Bradford is just a better QB. He still has a good 5-6 years left in the tank.

Not so sure. Diggs had a pretty good rookie year with Bridgewater too. You could almost say he was more effective in 2015.
SidestreamFB Pete
Backup

Post by SidestreamFB Pete »

808vikingsfan wrote:
Not so sure. Diggs had a pretty good rookie year with Bridgewater too. You could almost say he was more effective in 2015.
Agreed, he looked better in 2015. He was healthier. But, we don't know what goes into those completions. Diggs can probably project who he thinks he can have more success with. Again, not slighting Teddy. But, I don't think Sammy's been healthy in one spot long enough to show what he can really do. The guy's got some serious upside.
Not easy being a Vikes fan and staying an "unbiased" creator of Sidestream Football. This is my therapy. SKOL.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

SidestreamFB Pete wrote: Agreed, he looked better in 2015. He was healthier. But, we don't know what goes into those completions. Diggs can probably project who he thinks he can have more success with. Again, not slighting Teddy. But, I don't think Sammy's been healthy in one spot long enough to show what he can really do. The guy's got some serious upside.
I agree. This may be his best opportunity since joining the league. I'm hoping by the end of the season, there will be no question who the starting QB is for the Vikings.
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

Just saw this on the NFL Talk board:

Peak ages by position on a yards per basis over last 10 yrs:

RB: 24
QB: 33
WR: 26
TE: 29

What's Sam? 29? I think of Carson Palmer coming to Arizona at age 33, and wonder if perhaps Sam has much more upside than we think. I hope the O-line has its act together this year for a full 16 games.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

5thWave wrote:Just saw this on the NFL Talk board:

What's Sam? 29? I think of Carson Palmer coming to Arizona at age 33, and wonder if perhaps Sam has much more upside than we think. I hope the O-line has its act together this year for a full 16 games.
Oh, damn...I don't turn 33 until next year. I need to get my arm back in shape and tryout somewhere. Need to get my career year.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

5thWave wrote:Just saw this on the NFL Talk board:

Sam has plenty of upside. Always has. He's widely regarded as one of the best arm talents in the NFL. This is easily the best team he's played for, which honestly isn't saying much. There is no reason he can't excel here, with the possible exception of getting killed by our O-line.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.