View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 TRADES! Young capital on the Market? 
Hall of Famer

Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Alaskan wrote:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/eagles-looking-trade-lb-mychal-kendricks-will-vikings-interested/

Thought it was worth sharing. They have more pressing needs, but might be a value here. Philly doesn't seem to value him much in there current system.

Hell yes.

It would allow us to stay 4-3 base more often. Mychal is pretty similar to Eric. Either of them could shift to Will.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:43 pm
Backup

fiestavike wrote:
S197 wrote:
Alaskan wrote:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/eagles-looking-trade-lb-mychal-kendricks-will-vikings-interested/

Thought it was worth sharing. They have more pressing needs, but might be a value here. Philly doesn't seem to value him much in there current system.

I'd pass.

Given the salary, I can't see they'd get more than a 6th or 7th. Mychal would be a great addition in base 4-3 manning the middle. I'd give a 6th round pick for that.

I agree. If they have the Cap space to absorb the salary there would be A LOT of value in giving up a 6th for him.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:08 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

For a 6th or 7th I would do it in a heartbeat. That would be one loaded LB core

Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:42 pm
Fenrir

fiestavike wrote:
S197 wrote:
Alaskan wrote:

I'd pass.

Given the salary, I can't see they'd get more than a 6th or 7th. Mychal would be a great addition in base 4-3 manning the middle. I'd give a 6th round pick for that.

I'm more concerned about the salary aspect than the pick. I think it's a lot to pay a guy who will be on the field 1/3rd of the time. He'd add a level of aggressiveness due to his pass rush ability but I think the cash is better served elsewhere.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:14 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

S197 wrote:
I'm more concerned about the salary aspect than the pick. I think it's a lot to pay a guy who will be on the field 1/3rd of the time. He'd add a level of aggressiveness due to his pass rush ability but I think the cash is better served elsewhere.

Fair enough. We'll know a lot more about that in a few weeks depending on Peterson, Patterson, Bradford extension, Greenway, Floyd, etc.
They could certainly make some room for him, but it depends on priorities I suppose.

I will say, the combined salary savings from Greenwaay retiring and cutting Lamur would pay for his salary, but the same money could also go to a low end FA guard, or keeping munnerlyn. Its more tempting if they would make the trade straight up for a guy like Lamur.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3