View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 TRADES! Young capital on the Market? 
Author Message
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 68
Post TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
I am curious as to thoughts everyone has in regards to trading some of our young capital (offensive or defensive) for players or picks. Who would you be willing to move and what would you need in return?
Obviously speculative, but could be fun. Please keep it positive, no need to argue about who's right or wrong.


Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:07 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3130
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

Shariff Floyd is an option but you wouldn't get much in return.
Peterson with a restructured deal might get a 4th.
Waynes? Treadwell? Alexander? Robison?

I don't expect to see much trade action, but I'd put Floyd and Peterson as the most likely (though neither is likely). Maybe you could get a pair of 4ths in return?

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:41 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
fiestavike wrote:
The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

Shariff Floyd is an option but you wouldn't get much in return.
Peterson with a restructured deal might get a 4th.
Waynes? Treadwell? Alexander? Robison?

I don't expect to see much trade action, but I'd put Floyd and Peterson as the most likely (though neither is likely). Maybe you could get a pair of 4ths in return?


Yeah I would never want to trade Hunter. He very well could be the next best DE in this league in a few years.

_________________
Image


Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 68
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
For me almost everyone is on the market for the right price. I have been thinking about the possibility of moving Diggs ( I am sure that is not going to be popular). I wonder if we could get our 1st and 4th back from Philly for him??? He's shown A LOT of promise and seems to be a hell of a young man. I am not saying I don't think he is a value to the team, obviously he is. But we got him in the 5th. He has outperformed where he was picked and would be a large net gain if traded. I think we are in fairly decent shape at receiver, if we resign our FA. How much would losing him impact the team? What could they do to improve the team with those picks back? (Delvin Cook?) If we could get that type of return for him IMHO it would be a no brainer to move him. Philly is in desperate need at WR......


Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:37 am
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 68
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
fiestavike wrote:
The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

Shariff Floyd is an option but you wouldn't get much in return.
Peterson with a restructured deal might get a 4th.
Waynes? Treadwell? Alexander? Robison?

I don't expect to see much trade action, but I'd put Floyd and Peterson as the most likely (though neither is likely). Maybe you could get a pair of 4ths in return?


I am with you on not wanting to move Hunter. Rhodes and Smith fall into that category for me too. Unless someone is willing to give up a Kings ransom.

I don't think its likely we see much trade action either, but ya never know. They are in win now mode and have desperate needs on the O Line.....may force them to shop some personnel.


Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:45 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3276
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Alaskan wrote:
For me almost everyone is on the market for the right price. I have been thinking about the possibility of moving Diggs ( I am sure that is not going to be popular). I wonder if we could get our 1st and 4th back from Philly for him??? He's shown A LOT of promise and seems to be a hell of a young man. I am not saying I don't think he is a value to the team, obviously he is. But we got him in the 5th. He has outperformed where he was picked and would be a large net gain if traded. I think we are in fairly decent shape at receiver, if we resign our FA. How much would losing him impact the team? What could they do to improve the team with those picks back? (Delvin Cook?) If we could get that type of return for him IMHO it would be a no brainer to move him. Philly is in desperate need at WR......



There's no way I'd want to move Diggs. We'd be right back in the same situation--looking for WR help. If you want to ship a WR, I'd trade Treadwell; based on his strong draft stock, he should have some value in teams' eyes.

Maybe we can trade 6 or 7 nicked up and below average Offensive Lineman for ONE healthy and solid starter? :whistle:


Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 am
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 68
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Texas Vike wrote:
Alaskan wrote:
For me almost everyone is on the market for the right price. I have been thinking about the possibility of moving Diggs ( I am sure that is not going to be popular). I wonder if we could get our 1st and 4th back from Philly for him??? He's shown A LOT of promise and seems to be a hell of a young man. I am not saying I don't think he is a value to the team, obviously he is. But we got him in the 5th. He has outperformed where he was picked and would be a large net gain if traded. I think we are in fairly decent shape at receiver, if we resign our FA. How much would losing him impact the team? What could they do to improve the team with those picks back? (Delvin Cook?) If we could get that type of return for him IMHO it would be a no brainer to move him. Philly is in desperate need at WR......



There's no way I'd want to move Diggs. We'd be right back in the same situation--looking for WR help. If you want to ship a WR, I'd trade Treadwell; based on his strong draft stock, he should have some value in teams' eyes.

Maybe we can trade 6 or 7 nicked up and below average Offensive Lineman for ONE healthy and solid starter? :whistle:


I don't see Treadwell bring more than a late round pick at this point. That trade wouldn't make sense from a value perspective given that we just spent a 1st round pick on him. Maybe Diggs leaving would have a big impact, maybe it wouldn't. He missed several games this year and it didn't really have much of an effect.


Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:59 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 844
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

Shariff Floyd is an option but you wouldn't get much in return.
Peterson with a restructured deal might get a 4th.
Waynes? Treadwell? Alexander? Robison?

I don't expect to see much trade action, but I'd put Floyd and Peterson as the most likely (though neither is likely). Maybe you could get a pair of 4ths in return?


Yeah I would never want to trade Hunter. He very well could be the next best DE in this league in a few years.



Agree.....zero chance Hunter is even considered. Floyd, Peterson, Robison, Treadwell, and throw in a bag of potato chips (Charles Johnson). These guys are expendable at this point. Would be sad to see Robison go but I just can't see Hunter taking the back seat for another year.


Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:44 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1535
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
If you are gonna be serious about it the purple rose glasses need to come off.

Peterson; you are looking at a 4th tops. Anything above that is highway robbery.

Charles Johnson; 5th tops. Maybe a high 4th, it would depend.



If you want to get what you want (Young, talented Olinemen) you need to offer up value. Griffen Strikes me as a very good trade piece. You have Hunter to fill the void so there hopefully wouldn't be much drop off in total production from the unit and Griffen is good enough you would be able to actually bring proven pieces to the board in return. Lets NOT "Twins" this IE; give up an established quality player for 6 draft picks and 3, 18 year old players and hope we found the next Cy Young and Ruth.

Barr is another one I would think could get some good value.


Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:00 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 68
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Alaskan wrote:
IrishViking wrote:
If you are gonna be serious about it the purple rose glasses need to come off.

Peterson; you are looking at a 4th tops. Anything above that is highway robbery.

Charles Johnson; 5th tops. Maybe a high 4th, it would depend.

If you want to get what you want (Young, talented Olinemen) you need to offer up value. Griffen Strikes me as a very good trade piece. You have Hunter to fill the void so there hopefully wouldn't be much drop off in total production from the unit and Griffen is good enough you would be able to actually bring proven pieces to the board in return. Lets NOT "Twins" this IE; give up an established quality player for 6 draft picks and 3, 18 year old players and hope we found the next Cy Young and Ruth.

Barr is another one I would think could get some good value.



I don't see Peterson having much trade value, if any, unless he is restructured to a reasonable deal. Teams will just wait for his release and let him hit the open market and try to sign him to a competitive deal without giving any trade value up too. Charles Johnson is a late round pick IMHO, same for Wright.

I agree that Griffen would be an option. He's got some gas left in the tank and D linemen like him are in demand. They would need to fill the hole he left, Hunter could do that. Then they need depth, but maybe Weatherly is ready. They brought him up to the active roster late in the season so he wouldn't be picked up off the practice squad by someone. They must feel pretty good about him. I am guessing Griffen would bring a 1st and more? I'd take 6 picks for Griffen!

Agree Barr is an option too. I don't see them getting more than what they gave up to get him (9th overall). Maybe thats OK. He didn't play well this year. Depends if the coaching staff feels he'll turn it around. Not sure what value to put on him??


Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:28 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 pm
Posts: 68
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense


I agree, trading Treadwell wouldn't make much sense, unless someone is going to give us a 1st rounder for him....which I highly doubt based on the fact he didn't play this year. I still hold out hope for him being a highly productive WR in our offense.


Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Alaskan wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense


I agree, trading Treadwell wouldn't make much sense, unless someone is going to give us a 1st rounder for him....which I highly doubt based on the fact he didn't play this year. I still hold out hope for him being a highly productive WR in our offense.


Yeah I agree as well

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 36944
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that



I think he's probably saying it because they only threw 2 passes to him in 2015 and he wants to make sure that won't happen again.


Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3130
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that


Treadwell was drafted to play a role in an offense that we don't run anymore. I don't think his future will be all that bright with this team. Patterson will be utilized far more if the team keeps him, but this team won't be going anywhere anyway with Shurmur.

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:23 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:02 am
Posts: 1535
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Mothman wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that



I think he's probably saying it because they only threw 2 passes to him in 2015 and he wants to make sure that won't happen again.




It appears that our New OC utilizes him more and more. I think they need to give it a year with Shurmur and let the receiving core settle. Remember 2 years ago Charles Johnson Wright were going to lead our team? :lol:

After this year I think you'll have a solidified core you stay with; Diggs, Patterson, Treadwell, Thielen is my guess. then you move the rest.

TBH I think you have to move pieces from the stacked Defense to shore up the lagging offense. Keep the balance


Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:28 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
fiestavike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that


Treadwell was drafted to play a role in an offense that we don't run anymore. I don't think his future will be all that bright with this team. Patterson will be utilized far more if the team keeps him, but this team won't be going anywhere anyway with Shurmur.


Completely disagree. There is no reason Treadwell cant play a role in this offense. If anything, Treadwell's strength if you remember from college was the short to intermediate routes. Similar to an Anquan Boldin. That is more of what Shurmur runs. He's not really a deep threat like AJ Green. I dont believe one bit that Treadwell was drafted because he "fit Norv's system". I think he was drafted because we NEEDED a WR and that year he was arguably the best WR in college football

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:01 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3130
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

Completely disagree. There is no reason Treadwell cant play a role in this offense. If anything, Treadwell's strength if you remember from college was the short to intermediate routes. Similar to an Anquan Boldin. That is more of what Shurmur runs. He's not really a deep threat like AJ Green. I dont believe one bit that Treadwell was drafted because he "fit Norv's system". I think he was drafted because we NEEDED a WR and that year he was arguably the best WR in college football


Could be. I see Diggs and Thielen as much better, more athletic, more versatile players. I don't think he passes either on on the depth chart. If they let Patterson walk, maybe he'll get some snaps, otherwise not unless injury.

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:08 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
fiestavike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

Completely disagree. There is no reason Treadwell cant play a role in this offense. If anything, Treadwell's strength if you remember from college was the short to intermediate routes. Similar to an Anquan Boldin. That is more of what Shurmur runs. He's not really a deep threat like AJ Green. I dont believe one bit that Treadwell was drafted because he "fit Norv's system". I think he was drafted because we NEEDED a WR and that year he was arguably the best WR in college football


Could be. I see Diggs and Thielen as much better, more athletic, more versatile players. I don't think he passes either on on the depth chart. If they let Patterson walk, maybe he'll get some snaps, otherwise not unless injury.


That's what I'm saying. Diggs and Thielen are pretty good. However, nobody expected this out of Thielen. I cant imagine if he's showing well in practice, he'll be sitting the bench so something is gonna give. I dont see Diggs and Thielen being more versatile either. I look at those 3 all as the same from a versatility standpoint. None of them are big time deep threats and they are good short-intermediate route runners. If you remember, Treadwell's lone catch this year was out of the slot on a very good route. And obviously he can play outside.

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:13 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3130
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

Completely disagree. There is no reason Treadwell cant play a role in this offense. If anything, Treadwell's strength if you remember from college was the short to intermediate routes. Similar to an Anquan Boldin. That is more of what Shurmur runs. He's not really a deep threat like AJ Green. I dont believe one bit that Treadwell was drafted because he "fit Norv's system". I think he was drafted because we NEEDED a WR and that year he was arguably the best WR in college football


Could be. I see Diggs and Thielen as much better, more athletic, more versatile players. I don't think he passes either on on the depth chart. If they let Patterson walk, maybe he'll get some snaps, otherwise not unless injury.


That's what I'm saying. Diggs and Thielen are pretty good. However, nobody expected this out of Thielen. I cant imagine if he's showing well in practice, he'll be sitting the bench so something is gonna give. I dont see Diggs and Thielen being more versatile either. I look at those 3 all as the same from a versatility standpoint. None of them are big time deep threats and they are good short-intermediate route runners. If you remember, Treadwell's lone catch this year was out of the slot on a very good route. And obviously he can play outside.


If they go with those 3 guys (diggs, thielen, treadwell) I like the idea of using treadwell in the slot. Of course, you didn't factor in Moritz Bohringer, who has had a whole offseason with the team! ;)

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
fiestavike wrote:

If they go with those 3 guys (diggs, thielen, treadwell) I like the idea of using treadwell in the slot. Of course, you didn't factor in Moritz Bohringer, who has had a whole offseason with the team! ;)


:lol: Going out on a limb here but our first TD pass next year will be to MoBo. Put it in the books!

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:49 am
Profile
Online
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3276
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense



Honestly, I don't see trades as a viable way to fix our OL problems. But, in line with the implausible premise of this thread, I proposed Treadwell as a better option to be traded than Diggs. Treadwell is a mystery to the league and it wasn't so long ago that he was taken in the first round. I would bet that there is a team with a dearth of talent at WR that would be willing to part with a draft pick to acquire his talents or with a decent OL talent. But my preference would be to not trade him. We need to acquire talent at OL, but I don't think trades are the way to do it.

I wouldn't want to lose Diggs or Thielen. I see those guys as centerpieces of our O moving forward.


Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:01 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 36944
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

If they go with those 3 guys (diggs, thielen, treadwell) I like the idea of using treadwell in the slot. Of course, you didn't factor in Moritz Bohringer, who has had a whole offseason with the team! ;)


:lol: Going out on a limb here but our first TD pass next year will be to MoBo. Put it in the books!


... and file them in the "Fantasy" section. :)


Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 36944
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Texas Vike wrote:
Honestly, I don't see trades as a viable way to fix our OL problems. But, in line with the implausible premise of this thread, I proposed Treadwell as a better option to be traded than Diggs. Treadwell is a mystery to the league and it wasn't so long ago that he was taken in the first round. I would bet that there is a team with a dearth of talent at WR that would be willing to part with a draft pick to acquire his talents or with a decent OL talent. But my preference would be to not trade him. We need to acquire talent at OL, but I don't think trades are the way to do it.

I wouldn't want to lose Diggs or Thielen. I see those guys as centerpieces of our O moving forward.



Honestly, I'd trade any one of them for a good starting tackle but a good starting tackle would probably cost more than that.


Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:33 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3130
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Mothman wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
fiestavike wrote:

If they go with those 3 guys (diggs, thielen, treadwell) I like the idea of using treadwell in the slot. Of course, you didn't factor in Moritz Bohringer, who has had a whole offseason with the team! ;)


:lol: Going out on a limb here but our first TD pass next year will be to MoBo. Put it in the books!


... and file them in the "Fantasy" section. :)


What kind of odds you giving that Bohringer will have more career receiving yards than LaQuan Treadwell?

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:34 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 36944
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
fiestavike wrote:
What kind of odds you giving that Bohringer will have more career receiving yards than LaQuan Treadwell?


:lol: I'd say that's still a long shot.


Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3130
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Mothman wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
What kind of odds you giving that Bohringer will have more career receiving yards than LaQuan Treadwell?


:lol: I'd say that's still a long shot.


It would sure be a fun story for next year if Moritz tears up the preseason...The next Jimmy Graham! :tongue:

_________________
Who's Got it Better Than Us?


Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:42 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4082
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Texas Vike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense



Honestly, I don't see trades as a viable way to fix our OL problems. But, in line with the implausible premise of this thread, I proposed Treadwell as a better option to be traded than Diggs. Treadwell is a mystery to the league and it wasn't so long ago that he was taken in the first round. I would bet that there is a team with a dearth of talent at WR that would be willing to part with a draft pick to acquire his talents or with a decent OL talent. But my preference would be to not trade him. We need to acquire talent at OL, but I don't think trades are the way to do it.

I wouldn't want to lose Diggs or Thielen. I see those guys as centerpieces of our O moving forward.


But the thing is, if we traded Treadwell, what would we even get? Like a 3rd-4th round pick? That's not even one bit worth it. I honestly don't even know why it's being discussed

_________________
Image


Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:38 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 36944
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
But the thing is, if we traded Treadwell, what would we even get? Like a 3rd-4th round pick? That's not even one bit worth it. I honestly don't even know why it's being discussed


Many fans seem to like discussing hypothetical trades. I think it's as simple as that. Think of it in the same spirit as your mock offseason posts.

I think packaging Treadwell in a trade to acquire a proven player at a position of need could make sense. It might even make sense to package him as part of a trade to move up in the draft IF the Vikes felt confident they were getting a better player at a position of need.

None of these scenarios is particularly likely to happen.


Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], cmoss84, halfgiz, Raptorman, Texas Vike and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.