TRADES! Young capital on the Market?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Alaskan
Starter

TRADES! Young capital on the Market?

Post by Alaskan »

I am curious as to thoughts everyone has in regards to trading some of our young capital (offensive or defensive) for players or picks. Who would you be willing to move and what would you need in return?
Obviously speculative, but could be fun. Please keep it positive, no need to argue about who's right or wrong.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?

Post by fiestavike »

The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

Shariff Floyd is an option but you wouldn't get much in return.
Peterson with a restructured deal might get a 4th.
Waynes? Treadwell? Alexander? Robison?

I don't expect to see much trade action, but I'd put Floyd and Peterson as the most likely (though neither is likely). Maybe you could get a pair of 4ths in return?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote:The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

I don't expect to see much trade action, but I'd put Floyd and Peterson as the most likely (though neither is likely). Maybe you could get a pair of 4ths in return?
Yeah I would never want to trade Hunter. He very well could be the next best DE in this league in a few years.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

For me almost everyone is on the market for the right price. I have been thinking about the possibility of moving Diggs ( I am sure that is not going to be popular). I wonder if we could get our 1st and 4th back from Philly for him??? He's shown A LOT of promise and seems to be a hell of a young man. I am not saying I don't think he is a value to the team, obviously he is. But we got him in the 5th. He has outperformed where he was picked and would be a large net gain if traded. I think we are in fairly decent shape at receiver, if we resign our FA. How much would losing him impact the team? What could they do to improve the team with those picks back? (Delvin Cook?) If we could get that type of return for him IMHO it would be a no brainer to move him. Philly is in desperate need at WR......
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

fiestavike wrote:The biggest ticket might be Danielle Hunter, but I wouldn't want to move him.

I am with you on not wanting to move Hunter. Rhodes and Smith fall into that category for me too. Unless someone is willing to give up a Kings ransom.

I don't think its likely we see much trade action either, but ya never know. They are in win now mode and have desperate needs on the O Line.....may force them to shop some personnel.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Alaskan wrote:For me almost everyone is on the market for the right price. I have been thinking about the possibility of moving Diggs ( I am sure that is not going to be popular). I wonder if we could get our 1st and 4th back from Philly for him??? He's shown A LOT of promise and seems to be a hell of a young man. I am not saying I don't think he is a value to the team, obviously he is. But we got him in the 5th. He has outperformed where he was picked and would be a large net gain if traded. I think we are in fairly decent shape at receiver, if we resign our FA. How much would losing him impact the team? What could they do to improve the team with those picks back? (Delvin Cook?) If we could get that type of return for him IMHO it would be a no brainer to move him. Philly is in desperate need at WR......

There's no way I'd want to move Diggs. We'd be right back in the same situation--looking for WR help. If you want to ship a WR, I'd trade Treadwell; based on his strong draft stock, he should have some value in teams' eyes.

Maybe we can trade 6 or 7 nicked up and below average Offensive Lineman for ONE healthy and solid starter? :whistle:
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Texas Vike wrote:
There's no way I'd want to move Diggs. We'd be right back in the same situation--looking for WR help. If you want to ship a WR, I'd trade Treadwell; based on his strong draft stock, he should have some value in teams' eyes.

Maybe we can trade 6 or 7 nicked up and below average Offensive Lineman for ONE healthy and solid starter? :whistle:
I don't see Treadwell bring more than a late round pick at this point. That trade wouldn't make sense from a value perspective given that we just spent a 1st round pick on him. Maybe Diggs leaving would have a big impact, maybe it wouldn't. He missed several games this year and it didn't really have much of an effect.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah I would never want to trade Hunter. He very well could be the next best DE in this league in a few years.

Agree.....zero chance Hunter is even considered. Floyd, Peterson, Robison, Treadwell, and throw in a bag of potato chips (Charles Johnson). These guys are expendable at this point. Would be sad to see Robison go but I just can't see Hunter taking the back seat for another year.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

If you are gonna be serious about it the purple rose glasses need to come off.

Peterson; you are looking at a 4th tops. Anything above that is highway robbery.

Charles Johnson; 5th tops. Maybe a high 4th, it would depend.

If you want to get what you want (Young, talented Olinemen) you need to offer up value. Griffen Strikes me as a very good trade piece. You have Hunter to fill the void so there hopefully wouldn't be much drop off in total production from the unit and Griffen is good enough you would be able to actually bring proven pieces to the board in return. Lets NOT "Twins" this IE; give up an established quality player for 6 draft picks and 3, 18 year old players and hope we found the next Cy Young and Ruth.

Barr is another one I would think could get some good value.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Alaskan wrote:
I don't see Peterson having much trade value, if any, unless he is restructured to a reasonable deal. Teams will just wait for his release and let him hit the open market and try to sign him to a competitive deal without giving any trade value up too. Charles Johnson is a late round pick IMHO, same for Wright.

I agree that Griffen would be an option. He's got some gas left in the tank and D linemen like him are in demand. They would need to fill the hole he left, Hunter could do that. Then they need depth, but maybe Weatherly is ready. They brought him up to the active roster late in the season so he wouldn't be picked up off the practice squad by someone. They must feel pretty good about him. I am guessing Griffen would bring a 1st and more? I'd take 6 picks for Griffen!

Agree Barr is an option too. I don't see them getting more than what they gave up to get him (9th overall). Maybe thats OK. He didn't play well this year. Depends if the coaching staff feels he'll turn it around. Not sure what value to put on him??
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I don't understand the point of trading Treadwell. We don't even know what we have in him. If he goes and explodes somewhere else, everyone and their mother will be calling for Spielmans head on here. You gotta see what you have in him before you just trade him because he did nothing in ONE year. Just doesn't make much sense
I agree, trading Treadwell wouldn't make much sense, unless someone is going to give us a 1st rounder for him....which I highly doubt based on the fact he didn't play this year. I still hold out hope for him being a highly productive WR in our offense.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Alaskan wrote: I agree, trading Treadwell wouldn't make much sense, unless someone is going to give us a 1st rounder for him....which I highly doubt based on the fact he didn't play this year. I still hold out hope for him being a highly productive WR in our offense.
Yeah I agree as well
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I'm not really sure what's going to happen with this WR core. Patterson came out and said he wants to stay but wants them to commit he's going to play on offense. If that's the case and we resign him, Treadwell could be in a pickle again because Diggs and Thielen are pretty damn good. It'll be very interesting. I have a feeling CP could feel a little threatened by Treadwell and that's one reason he could be saying that

I think he's probably saying it because they only threw 2 passes to him in 2015 and he wants to make sure that won't happen again.