TRADES! Young capital on the Market?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: TRADES! Young capital on the Market?

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Alaskan wrote:http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/ ... nterested/

Thought it was worth sharing. They have more pressing needs, but might be a value here. Philly doesn't seem to value him much in there current system.
Hell yes.

It would allow us to stay 4-3 base more often. Mychal is pretty similar to Eric. Either of them could shift to Will.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

fiestavike wrote: Given the salary, I can't see they'd get more than a 6th or 7th. Mychal would be a great addition in base 4-3 manning the middle. I'd give a 6th round pick for that.
I agree. If they have the Cap space to absorb the salary there would be A LOT of value in giving up a 6th for him.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

For a 6th or 7th I would do it in a heartbeat. That would be one loaded LB core
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

fiestavike wrote: Given the salary, I can't see they'd get more than a 6th or 7th. Mychal would be a great addition in base 4-3 manning the middle. I'd give a 6th round pick for that.
I'm more concerned about the salary aspect than the pick. I think it's a lot to pay a guy who will be on the field 1/3rd of the time. He'd add a level of aggressiveness due to his pass rush ability but I think the cash is better served elsewhere.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote: I'm more concerned about the salary aspect than the pick. I think it's a lot to pay a guy who will be on the field 1/3rd of the time. He'd add a level of aggressiveness due to his pass rush ability but I think the cash is better served elsewhere.
Fair enough. We'll know a lot more about that in a few weeks depending on Peterson, Patterson, Bradford extension, Greenway, Floyd, etc.
They could certainly make some room for him, but it depends on priorities I suppose.

I will say, the combined salary savings from Greenwaay retiring and cutting Lamur would pay for his salary, but the same money could also go to a low end FA guard, or keeping munnerlyn. Its more tempting if they would make the trade straight up for a guy like Lamur.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins