On Rudolph's TD catch vs Chicago....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RFIP
Veteran

On Rudolph's TD catch vs Chicago....

Post by RFIP »

Does anyone know why he tossed the ball to Sam as they jogged off the field?

Stockton made mention of it on the broadcast "And Bradford wants the ball and why not?..." When in reality Rudolph just tossed it to him of his own accord. I got the game taped and have watched it several times, Sam does not call for the ball.

Anyone know why he tossed Sam the ball?

Sorry of this has been addressed, I have not seen it made mention of.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: On Rudolph's TD catch vs Chicago....

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

RFIP wrote:Does anyone know why he tossed the ball to Sam as they jogged off the field?

Stockton made mention of it on the broadcast "And Bradford wants the ball and why not?..." When in reality Rudolph just tossed it to him of his own accord. I got the game taped and have watched it several times, Sam does not call for the ball.

Anyone know why he tossed Sam the ball?

Sorry of this has been addressed, I have not seen it made mention of.
I don't know who tossed Sam the ball, but I'm pretty sure Dick Stockton descended into senility about 15 years ago.

Surest way to know you're playing a meaningless game? Dick Stockton is on the call.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: I don't know who tossed Sam the ball, but I'm pretty sure Dick Stockton descended into senility about 15 years ago.

Surest way to know you're playing a meaningless game? Dick Stockton is on the call.
Yeah Dick has struggled for a while now, Chris Meyers too. Is there that big a shortage of up-and-coming PBP guys? I'll tell you this though, Musberger is at least as old as Stockton but he's still got his fastball, calls a great game to this day even though ESPN bumped him it was a big coo for the SEC network to pick him up.

And it was Rudolph who tossed Sam the ball. Weird because I thought it was some sort of record for Kyle? Who knows, those 2 are tight so maybe Sam told him he'd keep it for him till after the game.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Rudolph needs to be reminded that he's kind of big, and stop going down every time he feels a stiff wind. He's just a guy.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

fiestavike wrote:Rudolph needs to be reminded that he's kind of big, and stop going down every time he feels a stiff wind. He's just a guy.
I laugh when people compare him to Gronk. Gronk is a full grown beast-of-a-man who never goes down until the 7th or 8th defender touches him. KR looks to be tackled.

But I would not call him a JAG, he's got a good catch radius and fairly good hands (not great mind you). He's a top 10-12 TE imo.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

it was bradford's 100th career total td
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

RFIP wrote: I laugh when people compare him to Gronk. Gronk is a full grown beast-of-a-man who never goes down until the 7th or 8th defender touches him. KR looks to be tackled.

But I would not call him a JAG, he's got a good catch radius and fairly good hands (not great mind you). He's a top 10-12 TE imo.
Rudolph can be quick and get open but it seems he has slow arms if there is such a thing. They never seem to be in the ideal position to catch the ball. He almost looks clumsy to me.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014