Done, I have zero interest in following the 2017 Vikings!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Done, I have zero interest in following the 2017 Vikings

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Would they get anything for Teddy? It is a serious question... Even a 6th would help.

They might be able to get a low round pick like that for him but I doubt they'd make that move and the timing of his injury combined with his contract make a trade problematic. He's entering the last year of his rookie deal and it's unclear if he'll be able to play this year (or ever again).
And what about Wright? I am asking because i think they need to make a trade for an established lineman.
I don't see them getting an established starting lineman for either player.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

CbusVikesFan wrote:
I see 1 very good pick in all of that mess. Getting Diggs so late was a great pick. But.... With such a college emphasis on passing, WRs are to be found everywhere. There's not another great pick in that list. Bridgewater is not a great pick. We had a need, traded back up and got TB... Problem... We could have had Carr !!!
Absolutely horrible drafting !!!
The team will never be good with elementary drafting skills. It's amazing that Spielman is not on the hot seat !!!
purplenoway
Rookie

Post by purplenoway »

I'm almost with you, but what would you rather be at this point?; an 8-8 team sitting on the couch or the Packers getting totally humiliated in a playoff game, which we have done a time or two....
joe h
Veteran

Post by joe h »

Irsay canned the colts gm today, so there is still hope our nightmare ends soon. At least the packers imploded, I wouldn't have wasted another second on this sport if they somehow pulled it off. One thing is clear from watching the packers succeed year after year, and the Vikings struggle just to reach 8-8, 'building through the draft' is a fools bet and total waste of time. You only get 4 years out of rookies, and if they're above average, they demand as much as a similar free agent anyways. So unless you draft 6 quality starters every year, no point in handcuffing the team sticking with inexperience that takes a year or two just to develop.
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

joe h wrote:Irsay canned the colts gm today, so there is still hope our nightmare ends soon. At least the packers imploded, I wouldn't have wasted another second on this sport if they somehow pulled it off. One thing is clear from watching the packers succeed year after year, and the Vikings struggle just to reach 8-8, 'building through the draft' is a fools bet and total waste of time. You only get 4 years out of rookies, and if they're above average, they demand as much as a similar free agent anyways. So unless you draft 6 quality starters every year, no point in handcuffing the team sticking with inexperience that takes a year or two just to develop.
Bad comparison. The Packers do less in FA than almost any team in the NFL. They build there roster almost completely with the draft. The biggest reason for there success year after year is the fact that they have not had to worry about finding a franchise QB year after year. They have had two of the "All time greats" back to back! Much easier to build a team when that base is covered. Ted Thompson and Co have done a solid job, but when you strike gold with two QB's in a row it makes that job much easier.(I know they didn't draft Farve) There has been plenty of turmoil in GB the last couple years as well with how they go about there team building. Usually all the complaining and turmoil follow how successful the teams are from year to year. A bad year and everybody calls for some ones head. Its a poor way to do business if you ask me.

I thought you gave up on the Vikings anyway what do you care how they do business anymore.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I feel everyone's over evaluating.
The factor for the Vikings offence being good/poor starts and ends with the O-line.
If you look at the positions

QB - were pretty strong, love him or hate him Bradford was an upgrade, and i hope that the improved Bridgewater we were meant to of seen last season, turns up next year and pushes Sammy Sprinkles.

RB - There are arguments about this. Asiata is a good solid blocking, power back. There is question marks over Jet however, after a below par season. A season which we all were hopeful for him.
However, i still feel he has the tools to be a good 2-down back. When he is getting zero help from up front, it's hard not to feel sorry for the bloke. I'd be happy if Spielman ignored this position in the offseason and gave JET the benefit of the doubt for one more year. I have confidence in him to produce.

WR - This is by far the most exciting young group in the whole team Diggs, Thielen, Flashy, Wright, Johnson etc. This could be one of the top groups of young receivers in the NFL, we're possibly missing an old head here. Maybe a Minnesota native playing out of Arizona :whistle:

TE - Rudolph. No worries here

Which leads us to the O-line. Which any Vikings fan who's sat through this season knows is our major problem. None of the minor questions raised above, can even come close to the disaster that is our O-line. It was a sub standard group at the start of the year, and the injuries made it worse. We need to use our resources (FA/Draft) wisely to completely overturn this unit.
Because to be honest looking at the rest of the O, we don't need anything nearly as bad.
We could possibly do with another LB, but apart from that, i don't see where there's any need to upgrade anywhere else.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Do or die season for Slicky Ricky......
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Can we start a new thread or change the name of this thread to something like " off season therapy discussion"? This title is frustrating to read especially since I come here to read opinions and hopes of fellow vikings fans.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Dmizzle0 wrote:Can we start a new thread or change the name of this thread to something like " off season therapy discussion"? This title is frustrating to read especially since I come here to read opinions and hopes of fellow vikings fans.

I think it's pretty much run it's course anyway so I'll just lock it and we can carry on the discussion elsewhere.