4th round - Vikings select : Michigan LB Ben Gedeon

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

4th round - Vikings select : Michigan LB Ben Gedeon

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Think this was the one pick I really didn't like but what's done is done.

Maybe his instincts and other intangibles will make up for whatever physical shortcomings he may have. Also, if we really do believe ST are just as important as the other phases, then maybe this pick was worth it.

On a side note, listening to Zimmer, it seems like this was his pick and not Ricks.

IMO, he looks really good in his highlight tape. Seems to be able to read plays well.

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Re: 4th round - Vikings select : Michigan LB Ben Gedeon

Post by S197 »

He shoots the gaps pretty well but looks like a high tackler. Tends to hit guys up around the shoulders, may lead to a lot of broken tackles at the next level.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Not a fan of this pick.

He's Audie Cole II, only with no experience. Good instincts against the run, not fast, doesn't cover well. I guess at some point a veteran costs too much to keep around, even if he's not a starter. But this is one of those cases where it looks like we're drafting a marginal depth player to replace another marginal depth player.

I'd be very surprised if Ben Gedeon ever starts for the Vikings unless someone is injured. Depth and special teams only. Just like Cole.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Worst pick Rick has made in years. Esp. since there were a few good LBs we could have gotten. But we never would have had all those 7ths then lol.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Not a fan of this pick.

He's Audie Cole II, only with no experience. Good instincts against the run, not fast, doesn't cover well. I guess at some point a veteran costs too much to keep around, even if he's not a starter. But this is one of those cases where it looks like we're drafting a marginal depth player to replace another marginal depth player.

I'd be very surprised if Ben Gedeon ever starts for the Vikings unless someone is injured. Depth and special teams only. Just like Cole.
More like a special teams player ...I agree with you, the pick was a head scratcher .
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Agreed. I don't understand why this pick was made.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I didn't like that pick either.

That means he'll probably be a star! :)
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Mothman wrote:
I didn't like that pick either.

That means he'll probably be a star! :)
True :lol: