View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:53 pm



Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Vikings Grades: Quarterback 
Author Message
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 204
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some


Do you think there is a team that would give a first round pick, and if so, who?[/quote]

I think 2018 would be a huge year for Sam to pick his team. Houston, Denver, Arizona all will need QB's. Problem for this year is Houston got burned last year with Brock and Elway is still playing hard-azz games so I'd say those two would be out and Arizona is taking one last swing with Palmer.

Add in the aging QB's in Pittsburgh, NY, NO and you just never know which will be interested in Sam next year which is why he's not signing ANY long term deal in Mn unless it truly IS a long term deal and not a 1 year and we can dump you thereafter deal.

Yep, in 9-10 months he will be in HIGH demand if he's on the open market.[/quote]

Agreed. I honestly can't see him having a bad year given that we are in the process of improving the OL, he's got good WRs, hopefully improving the OL improves the running game which it should just with Reiff and Remmers alone, etc. He's been pretty flawless at the end of 2015 and all of last year. He's always been a very good pocket passer. The key is, giving him a pocket to pass in. But what he did, given what he had at RB and the OL this year, it was pretty impressive.[/quote]

One only needs to go back to the beginning of 2013' the final 6.5 games he played as a Ram, with garbage weapons and a suspect OL he was at 14 td's and 4 ints with a 90.9 rating before his first ACL happened. Which is why the Eagles were tickled to give Foles and their #2 for Sam and why Kelly proclaimed "Sam Bradford would NEVER be available if not for injuries, lets not kid ourselves.."

From the beginning of 2013 till now Bradford has grown in to the elite QB he is today, elite in arm talent, mind, competitiveness and leadership on and off the field. Yes he needed the first half or 15' to adjust to playing football again after 18 months away, forgive him for that but since then he's been money.

Only a fool in the Vikings situation trades that away now.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:14 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3230
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
RFIP wrote:
It's a fun exercise but the facts are this; Sam either signs a long term deal in Minny, Vikings tag him in 18', he walks as a FA or they trade him to the team of HIS choosing where he signs a long term deal PRE-trade.


Which of those option would you choose?
a) long term deal
b)tag him for another season after this one
c)let him walk after season
d)tag/trade him to a team of his choosing


Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:38 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 894
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
fiestavike wrote:
RFIP wrote:
It's a fun exercise but the facts are this; Sam either signs a long term deal in Minny, Vikings tag him in 18', he walks as a FA or they trade him to the team of HIS choosing where he signs a long term deal PRE-trade.


Which of those option would you choose?
a) long term deal
b)tag him for another season after this one
c)let him walk after season
d)tag/trade him to a team of his choosing


I would go A......long term deal depending upon $$$ and terms. As long as it is somewhat reasonable and not outlandish.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:46 am
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10278
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
I think Sam might want to stick around, one thing to remember is he's had a proverbial revolving door of OC''s throughout his career. Reuniting him with Shurmur provides stability he hasn't really ever had. Fixing the line will be a big part of it but I don't see the Vikings as a bad option for him compared to what will be available in 2018.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:05 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37218
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
S197 wrote:
I think Sam might want to stick around, one thing to remember is he's had a proverbial revolving door of OC''s throughout his career. Reuniting him with Shurmur provides stability he hasn't really ever had. Fixing the line will be a big part of it but I don't see the Vikings as a bad option for him compared to what will be available in 2018.



I think it's going to depend on what occurs over the remainder of 2017. I doubt the Vikings will extend Bradford until they see more from him and see how Bridgewater's continued efforts to recover go this year. If Bradford plays well and things work out well for the team this season, I'd say there's a good chance he'll be signed to continue starting in 2018. If things go poorly, he may want to move on and/or the Vikes may want to go in a different direction... who knows?

If Bradford has a good year and Bridgewater's recovery goes really well, all bets are off because the Vikes clearly love him.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:18 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17178
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
I think Sam might want to stick around, one thing to remember is he's had a proverbial revolving door of OC''s throughout his career. Reuniting him with Shurmur provides stability he hasn't really ever had. Fixing the line will be a big part of it but I don't see the Vikings as a bad option for him compared to what will be available in 2018.



I think it's going to depend on what occurs over the remainder of 2017. I doubt the Vikings will extend Bradford until they see more from him and see how Bridgewater's continued efforts to recover go this year. If Bradford plays well and things work out well for the team this season, I'd say there's a good chance he'll be signed to continue starting in 2018. If things go poorly, he may want to move on and/or the Vikes may want to go in a different direction... who knows?

If Bradford has a good year and Bridgewater's recovery goes really well, all bets are off because the Vikes clearly love him.


They can extend him any time during the season right?

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37218
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
PurpleMustReign wrote:
They can extend him any time during the season right?


Yes, as long as he's amenable to it.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:01 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 894
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
I just don't see TB playing again. Stranger things have happened but I just get the feeling that he is done. Shame he seems like such a nice guy.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6587
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
Mothman wrote:
S197 wrote:
I think Sam might want to stick around, one thing to remember is he's had a proverbial revolving door of OC''s throughout his career. Reuniting him with Shurmur provides stability he hasn't really ever had. Fixing the line will be a big part of it but I don't see the Vikings as a bad option for him compared to what will be available in 2018.



I think it's going to depend on what occurs over the remainder of 2017. I doubt the Vikings will extend Bradford until they see more from him and see how Bridgewater's continued efforts to recover go this year. If Bradford plays well and things work out well for the team this season, I'd say there's a good chance he'll be signed to continue starting in 2018. If things go poorly, he may want to move on and/or the Vikes may want to go in a different direction... who knows?

If Bradford has a good year and Bridgewater's recovery goes really well, all bets are off because the Vikes clearly love him.


I love Teddy and I know I am far from the only fan who thinks he is our QB of the future.

Let's use the extreme: Sam Bradford helps the Vikings win the Super Bowl in 2017. He is the unquestioned QB of the franchise. There is no debate.

Any other scenario will be murky. If we miss the playoffs again, Sam's gone.

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 204
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
fiestavike wrote:
RFIP wrote:
It's a fun exercise but the facts are this; Sam either signs a long term deal in Minny, Vikings tag him in 18', he walks as a FA or they trade him to the team of HIS choosing where he signs a long term deal PRE-trade.


Which of those option would you choose?
a) long term deal
b)tag him for another season after this one
c)let him walk after season
d)tag/trade him to a team of his choosing


Long term deal is the easy answer.

His talent alone warrants this plus he is an outstanding human being i.e. he will never embarrass the organization. Plus winning means everything to him, he knows he's been dealt crap hands (drafted by a team that was 4-43 the prior 3 seasons! Think about that for 1 second, and had the worst roster I can ever recall in 40+ years of watching football) and he wants nothing more than to win and win big.

He will only get more and more comfortable playing in MN and it's close enough to home (Oklahoma).

In short, I think it's a match made in heaven.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:22 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 204
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
Mothman wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
They can extend him any time during the season right?


Yes, as long as he's amenable to it.



You sir, are one of the few here who seems to understand the FACTS of this matter. Touche~


Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile
Practice Squad

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:10 am
Posts: 16
Post Re: Vikings Grades: Quarterback
Quote:

I would say he easily warrants a first round pick. He had his best season ever, almost 4000 yards, 20 TDs and 5 INTs with no OL support or running support. Thats pretty darn good if you ask me and very worthy of a first round pick plus some



No doubt about it. He just had the most accurate season of all time. Of All Time.


Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.