Vikings grades: Offensive Line

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings grades: Offensive Line

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote:
PFF is fine and all, but particularly when it comes to line play I would take their ratings with a grain of salt. Boone is a versatile player and would be a great 6th lineman, but he's not and never will be top tier.
I disagree 110%. Boone was a pro bowl player. A 6th offensive lineman doesn't make the pro bowl. Granted the pro bowl is the pro bowl but regardless, he was good enough to get there plus he wasn't a "well known" player either. I'm not say he is top tier but he's definitely not a "6th lineman". Not sure where a claim like that even comes from.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Not sure where a claim like that even comes from.
The fact that he isn't terribly good at playing LG by NFL standards.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

fiestavike wrote: The fact that he isn't terribly good at playing LG by NFL standards.
Says who? Like I said he made the pro bowl and there were also articles when he was at SF saying he was the most underpaid offensive lineman in the league because of how good he was playing. There's nothing out there saying he's a 6th lineman or shouldn't be starting. He's a solid LG. Not great but I would say he's definitely good. No less the poor guy had the worst tackle in 10 years next to him all season. Reiff is much better than Clemmings. So I think we'll continue to see solid play out of him. Not sure where these "standards" are coming from outside of just your own personal opinion but either way I don't agree with them. But hey, you're entitled to your own opinion
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

[quote][Boone has been Minnesota's best offensive lineman this year, grading out positively in pass blocking at PFF. T.J. Clemmings is the Vikings only other option at left tackle./quote]

This was towards years end on rotoworld regarding Boone. Take if for what it's worth but these grades are somewhat accurate given how Clemmings was the lowest in the league and Kalil and Smith weren't far behind
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings' OL depth chart: Questions remain after big free-agent signings

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-viki ... t-signings
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I have seen nothing to make me confident in the Vikes OL so far this off season.
They better score big time in the draft to shore up the OL or we are doomed to another season of mindless mediocrity.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

chicagopurple wrote:I have seen nothing to make me confident in the Vikes OL so far this off season.
They better score big time in the draft to shore up the OL or we are doomed to another season of mindless mediocrity.
TJ Clemmings isnt starting. How does that not improve anyones confidence. Do you really think Reiff or Remmers would possibly be worse than Clemmings?? He was graded out as the worst tackle of the decade. So yeah, I would say I'm already more confident given that right there
-Chazz Palminteri