Treadwell hopes to make rookie season a distant memory

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

slapnut19
Transition Player

Re: Treadwell hopes to make rookie season a distant memory

Post by slapnut19 »

losperros wrote: I'm not giddy over anyone on the Vikings right now but I sure do like the Patterson's playmaking abilities. Patterson is dangerous with the ball in his hands and to me that's something the Vikings can always use. He's the best kick returner in the league, yes, but also a good punt gunner and a good 3rd or 4th wide receiver. From what I've seen, CP has caught the ball on pass routes other than quick hits. I think a little more imagination in play calling and offensive coordination would benefit and diversify all the WRs on the team.

Just my two cents, but the Vikings will be making a mistake if they don't re-sign the guy. Patterson offers the team attributes they will always need. YMMV
sorry but for three straight seasons patterson has shown he isn't an offensive playmaker. his yds per touch and touchdowns do not show a player who makes plays. he is an elite kick returner but on offense he is average. thielan has shown more playmaking ability than patterson
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

joe h wrote: Showing up to that press conference wearing a raiders cap raised a few alarms, and that awful bowl game performance last year. The guy is also not wowing anyone during practice, apparently. All signs of immaturity. But who knows, I hope it doesn't come down to a contract year before the kids wants to play, like Patterson.

did he show up at a press conference or just post something on social media?
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

slapnut19 wrote:
did he show up at a press conference or just post something on social media?
If I remember correctly it was an instagram post or a snapchat story. Definitely not at a press conference.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Ohjay wrote: If I remember correctly it was an instagram post or a snapchat story. Definitely not at a press conference.
Yeah I didn't think so either
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

Decided to look it up and it was indeed a snapchat story according to this FoxSports article:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minn ... hat-060316
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The guy seems sleepier than Ben Carson, but beyond that, I still have hope he'll develop. His temperament is a little alarming to me though.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I hope his rookie season becomes a distant memory for Vikings fans as well.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: But there is slow, and then is there is not even able to get off the LoS when you get a chance. I think he is the slowest WR (not TE, FB, Etc.) Ive ever seen. To me he has another Rick bust written all over him. Hope I am wrong. I hope part of it Zimmer just being his usual self, and somehow Treadwell has to prove himself without ever seeing the field. They rarely use CJ, put Tread in his spot for a few quarters next year....if both are still here.
I've not seen enough of him to say anything with conviction. Boldin is the typical example of what Treadwell could be but honestly if he could be like a Sidney Rice (Favre era) that could be what we need. Rice was faster but not particularly fast (4.5ish) yet he was a big asset in that you could throw the ball up and he would fight for it. We don't really have a receiver like that right now and I'm hoping Treadwell can fill the niche. Treadwell is also supposed to be a very good run blocker so he could help the offense in that aspect too.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I still think Treadwell's quiet season has more to do with the other WRs. I still don't think the rookie gets play over - Diggs, Thielen, or Patterson. Diggs and Thielen would be out of the question and Patterson needed more playing time, IMO, if he was going to be used as more than a gimmick player. He really started improving towards the end of the year, I thought.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cliff wrote:I still think Treadwell's quiet season has more to do with the other WRs. I still don't think the rookie gets play over - Diggs, Thielen, or Patterson. Diggs and Thielen would be out of the question and Patterson needed more playing time, IMO, if he was going to be used as more than a gimmick player. He really started improving towards the end of the year, I thought.
This is what I have been saying all along. When draft day was upon us last year, we NEEDED a WR. We didnt have much in CP, Thielen was average at best, Wright/Johnson werent any kind of answer. We had nothing but Diggs.

Beginning of the year hits and CP and Thielen are a big part of the offense and playing well. Dont try and fix something if its not broken. Those guys were playing well. No need to rush Treadwell in when he doesnt have to. No different than Waynes last year. Newman was old but he was playing very good. So why force Trey into action when he doesnt need to be?

It's pretty obvious if you ask me
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri