Vikings RB Adrian Peterson wants to return, open to pay cut

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings RB Adrian Peterson wants to return, open to pay

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

halfgiz wrote: Kalil will not come cheap, nor will he take a prove it deal.
There will be a lot of teams looking for his services this year.
Myself I don't want Kalil...his body can't support the weight he is carrying that is why he is always injured.
No way do I want to tie up 10 million a year for him playing a couple games and then get injured.

There has to be a better option.
I dont understand what makes you think Matt Kalil is going to command somewhere around 10 mill a year. I mean I would think that Spielman is going to say to his agent, "Listen his play has drastically dipped since his rookie year and has battled many injuries". Nobody, including us is going to give that guy a $10 million a year. That's crazy. If he or his agent think he can get that on the open market then they are both absolutely clueless.

I can definitely see him taking a reasonable deal or a prove it deal. It's not out of the question.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Two of the top free agent left tackles, Minnesota’s Matt Kalil and Detroit’s Riley Reiff, will attract plenty of attention from around the league and could carry a price tag similar to Clady’s $10 million.

http://nyjetfuel.com/2017/01/27/cladys- ... york-jets/

Seahawks, Jets and Panthers just to mention a few teams likely interested in Kalil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:Two of the top free agent left tackles, Minnesota’s Matt Kalil and Detroit’s Riley Reiff, will attract plenty of attention from around the league and could carry a price tag similar to Clady’s $10 million.

http://nyjetfuel.com/2017/01/27/cladys- ... york-jets/

Seahawks, Jets and Panthers just to mention a few teams likely interested in Kalil.
Dude this is a knock of NY Jets site that has zero credibility. Come on man. It's like listening to something on VikingAge. It's practically listening to fans just like us taking wild guesses at what happens. Ryan Clady is actually good. Kalil isn't comparable to him. But this site thinks he will command around what Clady did?? Hate to break it to you but you're reading the wrong stuff my man.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Dude this is a knock of NY Jets site that has zero credibility. Come on man. It's like listening to something on VikingAge. It's practically listening to fans just like us taking wild guesses at what happens. Ryan Clady is actually good. Kalil isn't comparable to him. But this site thinks he will command around what Clady did?? Hate to break it to you but you're reading the wrong stuff my man.

A little more courtesy and a little less hubris in your posts would go a long way. Please tone down your rhetoric a little.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Mothman wrote:

A little more courtesy and a little less hubris in your posts would go a long way. Please tone down your rhetoric a little.
Sometimes I think you look way to hard into what I say. I ended it with "my man" attempting to keep it a friendly conversation and that I wasnt trying to go after him over it. Not sure why I really need to explain myself anyways but there ya go
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I read lots of stories and then form an opinion on what could happen with Kalil.
Some predict Kalil will get a Russell Okung deal.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/201 ... ney/38914/
I have seen 48 million, 9.9 per year deal mentioned.
Have seen Kalil is looking to get a 12 million a year deal. :lol:

But he has at least 6 teams looking at him. Which could possibly drive his price up.
What kind of offer will the Vikings make him?
To say my news source isn't creditable and disregard. Is kind of a little puzzling.
Is there an approved news source list out there somewhere?
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

halfgiz wrote:I read lots of stories and then form an opinion on what could happen with Kalil.

But he has at least 6 teams looking at him. Which could possibly drive his price up.
To say my news source isn't creditable and disregard. Is kind of a little puzzling.
The truth is he a competent passable LT in a league that doesn't have many, regardless of the whipping boy status he has developed for the fan base stats are stats and his aren't bad.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

IrishViking wrote: The truth is he a competent passable LT in a league that doesn't have many, regardless of the whipping boy status he has developed for the fan base stats are stats and his aren't bad.
from 2013-2015 pff had kalil graded out as one of the worst left tackles in the league. i get that he didn't miss any games, but what else qualifies him as passable or competent?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:I read lots of stories and then form an opinion on what could happen with Kalil.

I understand what you're saying but even the link you posted is just a local Denver reporter making a prediction about a guy that he barely even knows. I cant imagine a Denver reporter knows much about Matt Kalil no less has any kind of source linking him to something like that.

Credible sources usually consider Schefter, Rapsheet, Pro Football Talk, Rotoworld, etc. I mean that Jet site is the equivalent of someone on here saying the Browns are going to cut Joe Thomas and a guy on a Browns forum posts it say it looks like he will be cut. There is no credibility to those sites whatsoever. VikingAge is ours that is very similar. You cant trust any of those sites. None of them have any kind of inside information. If anything, it comes through guys like Schefter or Rapsheet or even hits Rotoworld. Honestly, download the rotoworld app on your phone. It's easily the best app ever if you're an avid football fan. I'm on it 24/7. It's free. It will give you updates on everyone from Adrian Peterson to Kevin McDermott. That's what I always use for my sources. Plus anything Schefter or Rapsheet say, gets posted on Rotoworld.

Pretty good sales pitch huh? :lol:
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Kalil is entering a seller's market at tackle. He's young and if he can show he's physically healthy, he might get a pretty substantial contract somewhere. Maybe he'll be willing to sign a one year "prove it" deal but I imagine he'll generate interest in free agency and perhaps find a competitive market for his service. On those rare occasions since his rookie season when he's been healthy, he's been a solid left tackle.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:Kalil is entering a seller's market at tackle. He's young and if he can show he's physically healthy, he might get a pretty substantial contract somewhere. Maybe he'll be willing to sign a one year "prove it" deal but I imagine he'll generate interest in free agency and perhaps find a competitive market for his service. On those rare occasions since his rookie season when he's been healthy, he's been a solid left tackle.
I will be upset if he signs anything other than a prove it deal to stay with the Vikings. Other teams can pay him what they want but he is completely worthless.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Free agent LT Matt Kalil could be open to re-signing on a team-friendly deal.
Kalil spent all but two games of his contract year on IR with a hip injury. His best chance at reestablishing value is staying with the same system he's been in the last five seasons. Assuming the price is right, the Vikings should want Kalil back after fielding the worst tackle play in the league in 2016.
Source: ESPN Feb 3 - 7:50 PM
Via rotoworld
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I'm Guessing Rick signs him for 8-10 mil. Thats what Rick does. I would would say 7 mil (which he isnt worth but our Tackles are just so horrible) should be our highest offer.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I'm Guessing Rick signs him for 8-10 mil. Thats what Rick does. I would would say 7 mil (which he isnt worth but our Tackles are just so horrible) should be our highest offer.
Thats what Rick does? in what sense? It was just reported that he could come back at a team friendly deal and now all of the sudden that price is 8-10 mill????
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Via rotoworld

He hasn't been in the same system for the past 5 seasons and the Vikings will presumably have a new system next year.

The report that he might take a team-friendly deal is pure speculation at this point.