View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE

Another unreal video of my draft "man crush" Semaje Perine. Just listen to the guys bounce of him on the first run of the video. Guys just run into a wall when they step up to him. It's like bugs hitting your windshield. This guy literally has the best balance I've EVER seen in a RB and probably the strongest I have ever seen. He did 100 reps of 225 on the bench in a 25 minute workout session. 10 sets of 10 in 25 minutes. Maxes out at 440 but said he can go more. That's unheard of. Especially being a RB. He's got great burst through the hole and EXCEPTIONAL vision. He has soft hands and can catch the ball as well. Pass pro, I would guess he's good just given his overall strength and that he is built low to the ground. His only knock being he doesnt have game breaking speed but with his style of running, he doesnt need it. He had plenty of long TD runs in his career and is the all time leading rusher in Oklahoma history. No less, Oklahoma ran a lot out of the gun which would fit our scheme well. Wouldnt force Bradford under center as much and we would have a legit threat in the backfield.

Mark my words, this guy is the next Maurice Jones-Drew. If we don't find a way to draft him, I would be truly ticked.


The real knock on him, as those of us who watch a lot of Big 12 ball know, is that he is injury prone. He is a beast, for sure, which is why I was calling for him on this board before anyone, but that is my only fear: that he won't hold up to the NFL hits (or those that he delivers).


Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:41 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4396
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
Texas Vike wrote:
The real knock on him, as those of us who watch a lot of Big 12 ball know, is that he is injury prone. He is a beast, for sure, which is why I was calling for him on this board before anyone, but that is my only fear: that he won't hold up to the NFL hits (or those that he delivers).


I'm pretty sure he's only missed 3 games out of a total 39 in his career. If you're talking little nagging injuries that could keep him out a game or two, then yeah. But with the type of runner he is, to only miss 3 games in your career, thats pretty good if you ask me

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3432
Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
The real knock on him, as those of us who watch a lot of Big 12 ball know, is that he is injury prone. He is a beast, for sure, which is why I was calling for him on this board before anyone, but that is my only fear: that he won't hold up to the NFL hits (or those that he delivers).


I'm pretty sure he's only missed 3 games out of a total 39 in his career. If you're talking little nagging injuries that could keep him out a game or two, then yeah. But with the type of runner he is, to only miss 3 games in your career, thats pretty good if you ask me



He missed three this season. His output has declined each year, which has been linked to his having to deal with nagging injuries. The guy's a punisher. My concern is whether he'll hold up for very long. I love his game though!


Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:
The real knock on him, as those of us who watch a lot of Big 12 ball know, is that he is injury prone. He is a beast, for sure, which is why I was calling for him on this board before anyone, but that is my only fear: that he won't hold up to the NFL hits (or those that he delivers).


I'm pretty sure he's only missed 3 games out of a total 39 in his career. If you're talking little nagging injuries that could keep him out a game or two, then yeah. But with the type of runner he is, to only miss 3 games in your career, thats pretty good if you ask me

He's missed more than that. I am a big OU fan and i know he missed time last season as well. With that said, he is one of my favorite players from the last five years and him in Purple would be pretty sweet

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10497
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
If D'onta Foreman makes it to the 3rd/4th round I think he would be a good pickup. Great north/south runner.


Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:13 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
S197 wrote:
If D'onta Foreman makes it to the 3rd/4th round I think he would be a good pickup. Great north/south runner.


I'd be intersted. As another poster said, I'd be interested in Eddie Lacy too if he comes available. Also be interested in Jacquiz Rodgers as a fit with Shurmur's system as well. A similar skill set to McKinnon, pretty powerful runner for a little guy, and versatile.


Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.