View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason 
Veteran

Post Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason
I don't think Beavers is ready to start, he is not even close to being as good as Sirles,

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:09 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Husker Vike wrote:
I don't think Beavers is ready to start, he is not even close to being as good as Sirles,

I thought Sirles played quite well this season. I am also not ready to give up on Clemmings, but I am fast running out of patience with him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post Re: PHP's
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Husker Vike wrote:

I thought Sirles played quite well this season. I am also not ready to give up on Clemmings, but I am fast running out of patience with him.

I'm not sure why but I feel like he would be much better at guard. He's a pretty strong guy and won't have to deal with speedy edge rushers which won't cause him to dip his head so much

Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:55 pm
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Husker Vike wrote:

I thought Sirles had his good and bad moments. He has some room to grow and I think he could develop.

Maybe Clemmings would be better at guard. He doesn't look like he's an NFL tackle to me.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:56 pm
All Pro Elite Player

VikingLord wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Husker Vike wrote:

I thought Sirles had his good and bad moments. He has some room to grow and I think he could develop.

Maybe Clemmings would be better at guard. He doesn't look like he's an NFL tackle to me.

Are you thinking Night shift or Day shift? He would probably need desk duty, doesn't look good on his feet.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:53 am
Hall of Famer

IrishViking wrote:
VikingLord wrote:

Are you thinking Night shift or Day shift? He would probably need desk duty, doesn't look good on his feet.

Thanks for the laugh. That was funny.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:35 pm
All Pro Elite Player

VikingLord wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Husker Vike wrote:

I think that Sirles is better suited at guard. He was only playing tackle because we had no one. But I agree he didn't do to bad of a job.

Ryan Ramczyk has a hip problem...The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, citing unnamed NFL personnel, reported earlier this week that Ramczyk would undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip after Wisconsin's appearance in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
The same procedure that Kalil had done. Not sure if we want a younger kalil.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:19 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:

Ryan Ramczyk has a hip problem...The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, citing unnamed NFL personnel, reported earlier this week that Ramczyk would undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip after Wisconsin's appearance in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.

Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Just because he has a tear in his hip doesnt mean he's "another Kalil". Kalil had the injury AFTER he's struggled for the past few years.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

Yes it looks like he will need surgery. Thats why I had him falling. I think it's good value in the 2nd if he's healthy.

Just because he has a tear in his hip doesnt mean he's "another Kalil". Kalil had the injury AFTER he's struggled for the past few years.

True, but I think most suspect, like I do, that the injury that necessitated surgery is a major factor in the dip in his quality of play.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:01 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote:
True, but I think most suspect, like I do, that the injury that necessitated surgery is a major factor in the dip in his quality of play.

His hip injury occurred this year. He's had other nagging injuries like toe, knee, etc. but this hip injury wasnt a factor until this year

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:22 am
Franchise Player

I am not against brining Kalil back, but he cannot be the highest paid tackle in the league, that is for sure.

I don't really understand why you want to get rid of Locke, I haven't looked at stats, but at a glance he seemed to have the best season of his career this year and is on an upward trajectory.

I am interested in hearing If/When we will have Harris back on OL.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:47 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Texas Vike wrote:

His hip injury occurred this year. He's had other nagging injuries like toe, knee, etc. but this hip injury wasnt a factor until this year

My bad. But my point still stands--his performance has regressed due to nagging injuries. The question is: do we want to draft another LT with questionable health?

I don't. I'd look elsewhere.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:12 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Grashopa wrote:
I am not against brining Kalil back, but he cannot be the highest paid tackle in the league, that is for sure.

I don't really understand why you want to get rid of Locke, I haven't looked at stats, but at a glance he seemed to have the best season of his career this year and is on an upward trajectory.

Here is what our PFF line grades were this year. With Clemming being the lowest rated tackle out of all NFL LT's
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

Anything below 50 is really pretty bad.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:56 pm
Fenrir

Sirles and Easton showed potential. Hopefully one or both can improve to a solid depth player or perhaps a starter. Frankly, I'm done with Clemmings, I think it's time to cut the losses and move on.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:28 pm
Transition Player

Here is what our PFF line grades were this year. With Clemming being the lowest rated tackle out of all NFL LT's
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

Anything below 50 is really pretty bad.[/quote]

So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:38 pm
All Pro Elite Player

IIsweet wrote:
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.[/quote]

I think Fusco could be done
1.His contract would cost to much for a backup.
2.I think Fusco has reached his potenial which isnt great.

S197 wrote:
Sirles and Easton showed potential. Hopefully one or both can improve to a solid depth player or perhaps a starter. Frankly, I'm done with Clemmings, I think it's time to cut the losses and move on.

I agree S197 hopefully we have better talent come preseason

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:06 pm
Starter

Wow, those grades are terrible lol.

I knew they would be bad, but goodness gracious.

I see no reason for Clemmings to be anything more than practice squad guy. Time to move on. He showed absolutely zero improvement. I know he was playing out of position but if IIRC he was seen as potential LT. Yea, not working out.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:53 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

vatusay wrote:

I see no reason for Clemmings to be anything more than practice squad guy. Time to move on. He showed absolutely zero improvement. I know he was playing out of position but if IIRC he was seen as potential LT. Yea, not working out.

He's no longer eligible for the practice squad

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

IIsweet wrote:
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.[/quote]

What was Eastons?

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Grashopa wrote:

All I know is Locke had about 3 punts of 30 yards against Dallas and continued to give them good field position.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:52 pm
All Pro Elite Player

IIsweet wrote:
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.

What was Eastons?[/quote]
Mike Harris was ranked the 23rd best guard in 2015 which isn't to bad.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

halfgiz wrote:

Yes I've said that before and have had my fair share of battles on here basically defending Harris. He's a solid lineman for sure

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:31 am
Transition Player

halfgiz wrote:

Yes I've said that before and have had my fair share of battles on here basically defending Harris. He's a solid lineman for sure

Harris, if returning physically and mentally healthy would be a bonus if able to return to 2015 form.
IF..... He does AND IF.... We could sign Ricky Wagner, that's one heck of a right side.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:54 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

IIsweet wrote:
halfgiz wrote:

Harris, if returning physically and mentally healthy would be a bonus if able to return to 2015 form.
IF..... He does AND IF.... We could sign Ricky Wagner, that's one heck of a right side.

Agreed 100%. With Berger back another year, plus Boone. We would have to figure out LT but thats a great start if its possible

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 pm
Starter

vatusay wrote:

He's no longer eligible for the practice squad

Welp, time to channel inner "Frozen" and "Let it GO". L. O. L. im too funny.

On the draft side there is a guy from local FCS college that i would love to see the team take a late round flyer on. Im sure most NDSU BiZon fans will recognize the name, Lance Lenoir. Wstern Illinois, WR. All-American in FCS and was actually high school teammates with Treadwell, which makes this an interesting pick. Quick feet, sure handed, and good YAC. I know FCS isnt same level of FBS but just look at what Theilen has been able to do this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgffvK_7d9Q

Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 am
All Pro Elite Player

IIsweet wrote:
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

What was Eastons?[/quote]

The only thing I found on Easton was, one game he was rated 69, another game he was rated 70 couldn't find nothing on the packers game.

Last edited by halfgiz on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:17 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

halfgiz wrote:
IIsweet wrote:
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

What was Eastons?

The only thing I found on Easton was one game he 69 another game 70 couldn't find nothing on the packers game.[/quote]
Do they have ratings for run blocking only? What was Clemmings there?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player

Did a Vikings mock draft. It's not bad. 5th round I was struggling for what I really wanted...

LB REUBEN FOSTER. ALABAMA
80: R3P16
G TYRONE CROWDER. CLEMSON
87: R3P23
OT CHAD WHEELER. USC
120: R4P15
EDGE RYAN ANDERSON. ALABAMA
129: R4P24
OT DAN SKIPPER. ARKANSAS
159: R5P14
G JOHNNY CASPERS. STANFORD
201: R6P16
RB BRIAN HILL. WYOMING
236: R7P15
QB JOSHUA DOBBS. TENNESSEE

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE

Another unreal video of my draft "man crush" Semaje Perine. Just listen to the guys bounce of him on the first run of the video. Guys just run into a wall when they step up to him. It's like bugs hitting your windshield. This guy literally has the best balance I've EVER seen in a RB and probably the strongest I have ever seen. He did 100 reps of 225 on the bench in a 25 minute workout session. 10 sets of 10 in 25 minutes. Maxes out at 440 but said he can go more. That's unheard of. Especially being a RB. He's got great burst through the hole and EXCEPTIONAL vision. He has soft hands and can catch the ball as well. Pass pro, I would guess he's good just given his overall strength and that he is built low to the ground. His only knock being he doesnt have game breaking speed but with his style of running, he doesnt need it. He had plenty of long TD runs in his career and is the all time leading rusher in Oklahoma history. No less, Oklahoma ran a lot out of the gun which would fit our scheme well. Wouldnt force Bradford under center as much and we would have a legit threat in the backfield.

Mark my words, this guy is the next Maurice Jones-Drew. If we don't find a way to draft him, I would be truly ticked.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:43 am
Hall of Famer

Perine would be such a great guy, but it would be worth a few draft picks or whatever it takes. I really like him.

Is the new kicker any good? Have we had enough time to know?

Our first and foremost goal, and NOT putting off, if the best LT out there whatever it takes. AD is gone. Teddy gets him deal, we keep hill for as keep as we can. Give Barr some incentives to make plays.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next