PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: PHP's "Early Bird Gets the Worm" Mock Offseason

Post by halfgiz »

IIsweet wrote:Here is what our PFF line grades were this year. With Clemming being the lowest rated tackle out of all NFL LT's
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

Anything below 50 is really pretty bad.
So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.[/quote]

I think Fusco could be done
1.His contract would cost to much for a backup.
2.I think Fusco has reached his potenial which isnt great.
S197 wrote:Sirles and Easton showed potential. Hopefully one or both can improve to a solid depth player or perhaps a starter. Frankly, I'm done with Clemmings, I think it's time to cut the losses and move on.
I agree S197 hopefully we have better talent come preseason
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

Wow, those grades are terrible lol.

I knew they would be bad, but goodness gracious.

I see no reason for Clemmings to be anything more than practice squad guy. Time to move on. He showed absolutely zero improvement. I know he was playing out of position but if IIRC he was seen as potential LT. Yea, not working out.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

vatusay wrote:Wow, those grades are terrible lol.

I knew they would be bad, but goodness gracious.

I see no reason for Clemmings to be anything more than practice squad guy. Time to move on. He showed absolutely zero improvement. I know he was playing out of position but if IIRC he was seen as potential LT. Yea, not working out.
He's no longer eligible for the practice squad
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote:Here is what our PFF line grades were this year. With Clemming being the lowest rated tackle out of all NFL LT's
Clemmings 28.2

Kalil 36.9

Smith 39.3

Fusco 52.0

Berger 85.0

Boone 76.5

Sirles 70.3

Anything below 50 is really pretty bad.
So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.[/quote]

What was Eastons?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Grashopa wrote:I am not against brining Kalil back, but he cannot be the highest paid tackle in the league, that is for sure.

I don't really understand why you want to get rid of Locke, I haven't looked at stats, but at a glance he seemed to have the best season of his career this year and is on an upward trajectory.

I am interested in hearing If/When we will have Harris back on OL.
All I know is Locke had about 3 punts of 30 yards against Dallas and continued to give them good field position.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.
What was Eastons?[/quote]
Mike Harris was ranked the 23rd best guard in 2015 which isn't to bad.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote: Mike Harris was ranked the 23rd best guard in 2015 which isn't to bad.
Yes I've said that before and have had my fair share of battles on here basically defending Harris. He's a solid lineman for sure
-Chazz Palminteri
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yes I've said that before and have had my fair share of battles on here basically defending Harris. He's a solid lineman for sure
Harris, if returning physically and mentally healthy would be a bonus if able to return to 2015 form.
IF..... He does AND IF.... We could sign Ricky Wagner, that's one heck of a right side.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

IIsweet wrote: Harris, if returning physically and mentally healthy would be a bonus if able to return to 2015 form.
IF..... He does AND IF.... We could sign Ricky Wagner, that's one heck of a right side.
Agreed 100%. With Berger back another year, plus Boone. We would have to figure out LT but thats a great start if its possible
-Chazz Palminteri
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: He's no longer eligible for the practice squad
Welp, time to channel inner "Frozen" and "Let it GO". L. O. L. im too funny.

On the draft side there is a guy from local FCS college that i would love to see the team take a late round flyer on. Im sure most NDSU BiZon fans will recognize the name, Lance Lenoir. Wstern Illinois, WR. All-American in FCS and was actually high school teammates with Treadwell, which makes this an interesting pick. Quick feet, sure handed, and good YAC. I know FCS isnt same level of FBS but just look at what Theilen has been able to do this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgffvK_7d9Q
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: So it looks as though we have a Center, a guard, and a tackle. Need to add pieces and finding a LT is a priority. I am all for bringing in Wagner, but I think he's a RT? I think though he's a proven NFL player and Sirles provides a quality backup. Easton is our backup Center, I can live with that. Boone at LG... If Harris is back, what was his score in 2015? I think that he was a fairly good RG for us... Right? Fusco would be a very good backup Guard with Shepherd.
What was Eastons?[/quote]

The only thing I found on Easton was, one game he was rated 69, another game he was rated 70 couldn't find nothing on the packers game.
Last edited by halfgiz on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: What was Eastons?
The only thing I found on Easton was one game he 69 another game 70 couldn't find nothing on the packers game.[/quote]
Do they have ratings for run blocking only? What was Clemmings there?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

Did a Vikings mock draft. It's not bad. 5th round I was struggling for what I really wanted...

LB REUBEN FOSTER. ALABAMA
80: R3P16
G TYRONE CROWDER. CLEMSON
87: R3P23
OT CHAD WHEELER. USC
120: R4P15
EDGE RYAN ANDERSON. ALABAMA
129: R4P24
OT DAN SKIPPER. ARKANSAS
159: R5P14
G JOHNNY CASPERS. STANFORD
201: R6P16
RB BRIAN HILL. WYOMING
236: R7P15
QB JOSHUA DOBBS. TENNESSEE
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE

Another unreal video of my draft "man crush" Semaje Perine. Just listen to the guys bounce of him on the first run of the video. Guys just run into a wall when they step up to him. It's like bugs hitting your windshield. This guy literally has the best balance I've EVER seen in a RB and probably the strongest I have ever seen. He did 100 reps of 225 on the bench in a 25 minute workout session. 10 sets of 10 in 25 minutes. Maxes out at 440 but said he can go more. That's unheard of. Especially being a RB. He's got great burst through the hole and EXCEPTIONAL vision. He has soft hands and can catch the ball as well. Pass pro, I would guess he's good just given his overall strength and that he is built low to the ground. His only knock being he doesnt have game breaking speed but with his style of running, he doesnt need it. He had plenty of long TD runs in his career and is the all time leading rusher in Oklahoma history. No less, Oklahoma ran a lot out of the gun which would fit our scheme well. Wouldnt force Bradford under center as much and we would have a legit threat in the backfield.

Mark my words, this guy is the next Maurice Jones-Drew. If we don't find a way to draft him, I would be truly ticked.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Perine would be such a great guy, but it would be worth a few draft picks or whatever it takes. I really like him.

Is the new kicker any good? Have we had enough time to know?

Our first and foremost goal, and NOT putting off, if the best LT out there whatever it takes. AD is gone. Teddy gets him deal, we keep hill for as keep as we can. Give Barr some incentives to make plays.