View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 pm



Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15 
Author Message
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6020
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
dkoby wrote:
Wow, we lose our QB, money back, 4 to 5 Olineman to injury and our offensive coordinator walks out on the team in the middle of the season and you guys question the head coach (which still has a top 5 defense) and GM? I guess we still wish we had Chilly, Milquetoast and the QB who shall remain nameless. Many people here gave him (Ponder) much more rope than Teddy has received.


Maybe we should be looking more closely at why the OC walked out. As to your points regarding Chili, 'Milquetoast' (whom I assume is Frazier), and Ponder, I'm not even sure that's relevant.) Just because I don't want bad coaches/QBs on the team doesn't mean I have to go to 'worse' ones. I don't want Ponder, any more than I don't want Jackson or a random aging veteran. Does that mean I can't strive for better?

I already acknowledged Zimmer may be a great defensive coach, but he is a *head coach* which means if ha can only be good at 2/3 of his job (special teams are in there too, don't forget), I can want someone who would do well in all three phases of the game? Denny Green fielded an awesome offense most of his years. He failed because he never had an excellent defense. Everyone seems to forget that when Anderson missed his FG in 98, the Vikings still led by 7 points. The defense couldn't stop Atlanta.

Quote:
No one looking at this team as it sits right now would have given us a shot to win 3 games given these circumstances.
The defense (which Zim is in charge of) has been the only bright spot. Oh, and let's not forget the kicker who had a mental breakdown this season. All which attributes to the mental makeup of the team.


The same kicker that arguably should have been dealt with in the off-season?

Quote:
If I'm questioning anything, it's the physical conditioning program that is in place. Too many injuries to the offensive line in the last couple years. I guess that's part of Zimmers call, so I guess he should be fired. Let's not give him the opportunity to fix it or to learn from mistakes.


You mean the previous conditioning coach that was let go? Maybe the one that in hindsight, we maybe should have kept? Look I'm not saying Fire Zimmer! (Thought that was clear from my post) I think he does deserve the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. Assuming he does so, next season will be awesome and there is no harm done is considering the issue. At what point does the HC get held accountable for his performance (or lack thereof)? If Zimmer fields the #1 defense and turns in a 9-7 season next year (due to lackluster offensive performance). Do we stick with him because he is a great defensive coach?

Quote:
Sorry for the sarcasm, but I'm as frustrated as anyone. I believe Zimmer IS a great coach. He was brought in to fix a team with the last ranked defense. He did that. People have to realize AD is not the answer to every problem for this team.
Right now this team, other than its defense, has no identity. The QB question is now front and center. Again.


I don't expect Peterson to be the answer. I'm not even sure you can evaluate any QB (Bradford, Bridgewater, or whomever we stick back there) with the OL we currently have. Shouldn't the Head Coach be accountable for the Offense's performance (as well as the defense's)?

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:58 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 540
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mothman wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
It is 100% time to question if Zimmer can be the coach to lead us.


... and whether Spielman is the right GM for this team. I doubt either is going anywhere but they should both be on the hot seat in 2017.


Zimmers done nothing but go up with this team and was decimated by injuries this year. I see no reason he should be on the "hot seat" next year


No no, leave the knee-jerkers alone, this is about the only entertaining thing this season so far is watching people overreact


Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:49 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1542
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mothman wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
It is 100% time to question if Zimmer can be the coach to lead us.


... and whether Spielman is the right GM for this team. I doubt either is going anywhere but they should both be on the hot seat in 2017.


Zimmers done nothing but go up with this team and was decimated by injuries this year. I see no reason he should be on the "hot seat" next year

Zimmers not in the hot seat .

Colts started 3 rookies on OL today and they done ok against our D. Put up over 30 points and 161 yards rushing.
Sparano needs fired because the Oline hasn't showed nothing all year. 34 yards rushing today is pathetic.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:11 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 6020
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Boon wrote:

No no, leave the knee-jerkers alone, this is about the only entertaining thing this season so far is watching people overreact


Wait, I'm sorry. I can't even over-react very well. Lemme have a 'second-go':

FIRE EVERYONE NOW!!!!!

Ok, but on a serious note: After 3 years, should the Vikings be looking at their long term goals and if this is the best way to accomplish them? (Granted I'm even OK with discounting this year as one of the three due to the 'bad luck' (or whatever you want to call it). Is it too early in your estimation to raise these questions? (I'm guessing yes, but if it is too early, then when does one question it?)

_________________
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:13 am
Posts: 7197
Location: Ft Walton Beach, Florida
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Hunter Morrow wrote:
Worst Vikings game of the decade. Shockingly bad. Only 41-0 compares. I think going 5-0 then producing this in our last 9 games is so shocking. At least the Kai Forbath showed up and booted a 51 yarder. So we have that going for us, which is nice.


Caddy shack, Which is Nice !!!!


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6592
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Boon wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

Zimmers done nothing but go up with this team and was decimated by injuries this year. I see no reason he should be on the "hot seat" next year


No no, leave the knee-jerkers alone, this is about the only entertaining thing this season so far is watching people overreact


How do you not have your players ready to play for a must win game? Not only that, he called a piss poor game on defense. Absolutely embarrassing performance. The season is now effectively over.

How much longer are we not going to hold him accountable for the short comings of the offense? He is the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. The offense needs to be addressed by the head coach - it cannot simply be delegated out.

I am just saying it is FAIR to question whether or not he is the coach that can lead us to the Super Bowl and win it. It is not like a said to fire the guy today. JC.

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:22 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Boon wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

Zimmers done nothing but go up with this team and was decimated by injuries this year. I see no reason he should be on the "hot seat" next year


No no, leave the knee-jerkers alone, this is about the only entertaining thing this season so far is watching people overreact


How do you not have your players ready to play for a must win game? Not only that, he called a piss poor game on defense. Absolutely embarrassing performance. The season is now effectively over.

How much longer are we not going to hold him accountable for the short comings of the offense? He is the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. The offense needs to be addressed by the head coach - it cannot simply be delegated out.

I am just saying it is FAIR to question whether or not he is the coach that can lead us to the Super Bowl and win it. It is not like a said to fire the guy today. JC.


I think Mike Zimmer has done alright job and should be given another year.

But I also understand your point, Zimmer will have coached a 7- 9, 11- 5 and at most 9-7 years after this year, that is not incredible, by any means. Not terrible at all, but certainly enough to overlook your options.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:24 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1542
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Jordysghost wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Boon wrote:

How do you not have your players ready to play for a must win game? Not only that, he called a piss poor game on defense. Absolutely embarrassing performance. The season is now effectively over.

How much longer are we not going to hold him accountable for the short comings of the offense? He is the head coach, not the defensive coordinator. The offense needs to be addressed by the head coach - it cannot simply be delegated out.

I am just saying it is FAIR to question whether or not he is the coach that can lead us to the Super Bowl and win it. It is not like a said to fire the guy today. JC.


I think Mike Zimmer has done alright job and should be given another year.

But I also understand your point, Zimmer will have coached a 7- 9, 11- 5 and at most 9-7 years after this year, that is not incredible, by any means. Not terrible at all, but certainly enough to overlook your options.

Yep 9-7 you know Zim likes showing Rodgers love :lol:


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:38 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Just Me wrote:
<Sigh> I can't even laugh at my own dumb joke. (This loss is so disappointing)


I'll be honest, Jim. I kind of thought you (and others) had been a little over-critical of Zimmer. With the issues he's had to deal with, I'd taken solace from the fact that the Vikings were "in" most of the games they had played. While the defense had played games that varied from 'elite' to 'average,' I had seen a defensive improvement on the team, and I was 'pinning my hopes' on the defense's performance. When we lost, I was still encouraged by the fact that Zimmer had the team moving in the right direction. I had fallen into the "moral victory" way of thinking that a 'close loss' (considering the injuries we have sustained this year) was almost as good as a win.

I'm not saying it's time to 'fire Rick and Zim' and I still tend to have an (overall) favorable opinion of Zimmer, I'm am ready to start seriously entertaining questions concerning their long-term ability to reach the goal (of a Super Bowl win). I'm hoping today was a 'stumble' on the defensive front, but the offense is too regularly anemic and it has to change. Zimmer may indeed be a great defensive coach, but he's a head coach now and needs to figure out a way to have excellence on both sides of the ball.


Well said. That's been my feeling about him for a long time now. I'm hoping he can figure out how to have excellence in all phases of the game but neither this season or the previous two have been encouraging when it comes to the offense.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:46 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Yep 9-7 you know Zim likes showing Rodgers love :lol:[/quote]

Im thinking your facing the least dysfunctional GB team you have played in a while, but I certainly dont take any division rivals lightly, especially not the Division Champions.

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:04 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
Posts: 6343
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
In nearly 50 years of Vikings fandom, 4 Super Bowl losses, 5 NFCC game losses, and countless gut-wrenching losses in the regular season, this may be the most disappointing season ever for me personally.

To go from 11-5 and a division championship to 5-0 and the top-ranked team on most power lists, to THIS? It's almost unthinkable. I know there have been injuries, but what I saw today, from a team that had a real opportunity to at least make a strong finish, was absolutely the worst EFFORT I've seen from a Vikings team since Les Steckel. It's on thing to lose. It's another to get embarrassed at home by a very mediocre team in a hugely important game.

Most of you know that I really like Mike Zimmer. He's my favorite coach since Bud Grant. But he's got some 'splaining to do, and frankly, his press conference today was just as poor a performance as his team's. I get that he's pissed, but his non-answers and I-don't-knows were frankly not acceptable, and he's honestly becoming somewhat unbearable in these situations. I suppose coaches don't like doing them, but we fans and the money we spend are what pay his salary, so it wouldn't kill him to at least try to inform us.

Just ... really disappointed in this team.

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 pm
Profile
Starter

Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:32 pm
Posts: 130
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
One thing I don't like in pressies is the "we just need to focus on next week" answer to everything. I want some sense of urgency about what's at stake. If I was at the press I would start my questions with "I understand you have to focus on next week, but what do you think about ___"

Thats just me...


Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Dude why am I seeing Zimmer being on the hot seat and "give him one more year". What are you guys even talking about? Since he's been here he's done nothing but improve this teams record and lead them to the playoffs. We were killed by injuries this year. So essentially the guy had one "bad" year caused by injuries.

The Arizona Cardinals were worse than us this year. Must mean Bruce Arians should be on the hot seat or only given "one more year" because he had one bad year since he's been there. Give me a break these reactions are pathetic.

Yeah it sucks guys. We got killed today. This has been the year from hell. Key players hurt, offensive coordinator resigns, lose our coach for a game, Blair Walsh costing us games, etc. It sucks but sh** happens. Let's relax with the overreactions

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:31 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Posts: 2904
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mothman wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
It is 100% time to question if Zimmer can be the coach to lead us.


... and whether Spielman is the right GM for this team. I doubt either is going anywhere but they should both be on the hot seat in 2017.


Zimmers done nothing but go up with this team and was decimated by injuries this year. I see no reason he should be on the "hot seat" next year


Tice
6-10
9-7
8-8 (lost Div)
9-7

Childress
6-10
8-8
10-6 (lost WC)
12-4 (Lost NFC C)
6-10

Frazier
3-13
10-6 (lost WC)
5-10-1

Zimmer
7-9
11-5 (lost WC)
7-7 (most likely 7-9, lost 7 of last 9)


"nothing but go up with this team"

seriously, dude??? 2016 version of the vikes is the worst that I can ever remember. I've been a fan since the early '80s. This team is seriously the worst I can remember, They are absolutely awful, brutal, terrible. I can't remember being more hopeless as a vikings fan

nothing but go up.....give me a break.......zimmer is on the hot seat next year.....I hope.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Dude why am I seeing Zimmer being on the hot seat and "give him one more year". What are you guys even talking about? Since he's been here he's done nothing but improve this teams record and lead them to the playoffs. We were killed by injuries this year. So essentially the guy had one "bad" year caused by injuries.

The Arizona Cardinals were worse than us this year. Must mean Bruce Arians should be on the hot seat or only given "one more year" because he had one bad year since he's been there. Give me a break these reactions are pathetic.

Yeah it sucks guys. We got killed today. This has been the year from hell. Key players hurt, offensive coordinator resigns, lose our coach for a game, Blair Walsh costing us games, etc. It sucks but sh** happens. Let's relax with the overreactions



Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
VikingPaul73 wrote:

"nothing but go up with this team"

seriously, dude??? 2016 version of the vikes is the worst that I can ever remember. I've been a fan since the early '80s. This team is seriously the worst I can remember, They are absolutely awful, brutal, terrible. I can't remember being more hopeless as a vikings fan

nothing but go up.....give me a break.......zimmer is on the hot seat next year.....I hope.


Dude that's laughable. Listen to yourself right now. Worst team you can remember and have been a fan since the 80's? I can name plenty of teams that were way worse than this one. We gave up 34 points today and still probably have a top 3 total defense in the NFL. But yeah, definitely the worst team you've ever seen. :roll:

Say whatever you want back but I have no further comments to anything you have to say in this thread. What you said above says enough

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:12 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Posts: 2904
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
2-7
probably end up 2-9

roll your eyes all you want but this team is absolutely awful......and you know it.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:16 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1542
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Texas Vike wrote:

Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.


I'm peeved because Colts can come into our home, with 3 rookies on the OL and get 160 yards
We can only gain 34 with our line and one run was for 13 yards and a fumble.
No excuse for that...no reason we shouldn't putting more yards up against sub-par defenses.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:20 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Texas Vike wrote:


Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.


Man I really bursted your bubble when I said Asiata was terrible didnt I??

Hopefully I'll see its the OL?? When did I ever try to defend this OL?? We're talking about Matt Asiata here. In no way, shape or form should that guy be a lead back anywhere. But yeah AP had a whopping 6 carries. So to say he didnt help our run game doesnt say much since we ran the ball a total of 9 times today since we were losing out of the gate.

As for Zimmer, yeah he deserves criticism. But not "HE'S GOTTA BE ON THE HOT SEAT". It's one damn game. I didnt see anyone saying that last year when we got embarrassed by Seattle at home in the regular season. But since most of this board is already bent out of shape about how this season went mainly due to injuries, now all of the sudden the guy is one the hot seat?? :lol:

Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Top 3 defense in the NFL but this is the worst Vikings team ever at 7-7. :lol:

Even worse than the 1984 Vikings at 3-13

....Or the 1990 6-10 team

....Or the 2001 5-11 team

....Or the 2010 6-10 team

....Or best of all, the 3-13 2011 team.

Yup just worse than them all :lol:

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Glad I wasn't around for this debacle!

It was really quite humorous watching.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill


You're strongly overreacting to some of the comments here yourself so taking the night off might be a good idea.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:30 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Its time!

Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:36 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3433
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:


Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.


Man I really bursted your bubble when I said Asiata was terrible didnt I??

Hopefully I'll see its the OL?? When did I ever try to defend this OL?? We're talking about Matt Asiata here. In no way, shape or form should that guy be a lead back anywhere. But yeah AP had a whopping 6 carries. So to say he didnt help our run game doesnt say much since we ran the ball a total of 9 times today since we were losing out of the gate.

As for Zimmer, yeah he deserves criticism. But not "HE'S GOTTA BE ON THE HOT SEAT". It's one damn game. I didnt see anyone saying that last year when we got embarrassed by Seattle at home in the regular season. But since most of this board is already bent out of shape about how this season went mainly due to injuries, now all of the sudden the guy is one the hot seat?? :lol:

Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill


No bursted bubbles here. I don't think Asiata is amazing either, but he's not the reason for our inept run game as you have stated over and over here. AD couldn't do anything at all with the same line. That's not true, he did manage to get 12 yards on one carry and then fumble and kill the only momentum we had all game. :appl:

I'd have been pissed if I had gone to today's game. They looked so uninspired; the putatively "elite" D that everyone bangs their drum about looked horrid and indifferent today.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 540
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
VikingPaul73 wrote:

"nothing but go up with this team"

seriously, dude??? 2016 version of the vikes is the worst that I can ever remember. I've been a fan since the early '80s. This team is seriously the worst I can remember, They are absolutely awful, brutal, terrible. I can't remember being more hopeless as a vikings fan

nothing but go up.....give me a break.......zimmer is on the hot seat next year.....I hope.


Dude that's laughable. Listen to yourself right now. Worst team you can remember and have been a fan since the 80's? I can name plenty of teams that were way worse than this one. We gave up 34 points today and still probably have a top 3 total defense in the NFL. But yeah, definitely the worst team you've ever seen. :roll:

Say whatever you want back but I have no further comments to anything you have to say in this thread. What you said above says enough


same people getting mad the eagles and saints won, like that has any bearing on our playoff chances. Just goes to show they have no idea how football works


Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:52 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Posts: 2904
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Top 3 defense in the NFL but this is the worst Vikings team ever at 7-7. :lol:

Even worse than the 1984 Vikings at 3-13

....Or the 1990 6-10 team

....Or the 2001 5-11 team

....Or the 2010 6-10 team

....Or best of all, the 3-13 2011 team.

Yup just worse than them all :lol:


2-7. they beat the 5-7-1 cards at home, with the benefit of some nice home field calls. they beat the 2-12 Jags. Barely.

the defense is overrated and the offense is simply not an NFL offense. They're not even BAD. BAD would be a huge improvement. THIS OFFENSE DOES NOT BELONG IN THE NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is an embarrassment. A joke. A complete joke.

I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be a jerk. And I wish I was wrong. But this team is painful to watch. Honestly, I really can't bear to watch this team. And I've been a fan through Ponder, Tjoke, Tice....


Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:54 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Texas Vike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:


Because he coached a terrible game today and deserves criticism.

Also: AD's return didn't help our run game, so hopefully you see that it's our OL, not Asiata, causing the problems.


Man I really bursted your bubble when I said Asiata was terrible didnt I??

Hopefully I'll see its the OL?? When did I ever try to defend this OL?? We're talking about Matt Asiata here. In no way, shape or form should that guy be a lead back anywhere. But yeah AP had a whopping 6 carries. So to say he didnt help our run game doesnt say much since we ran the ball a total of 9 times today since we were losing out of the gate.

As for Zimmer, yeah he deserves criticism. But not "HE'S GOTTA BE ON THE HOT SEAT". It's one damn game. I didnt see anyone saying that last year when we got embarrassed by Seattle at home in the regular season. But since most of this board is already bent out of shape about how this season went mainly due to injuries, now all of the sudden the guy is one the hot seat?? :lol:

Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill


No bursted bubbles here. I don't think Asiata is amazing either, but he's not the reason for our inept run game as you have stated over and over here. AD couldn't do anything at all with the same line. That's not true, he did manage to get 12 yards on one carry and then fumble and kill the only momentum we had all game. :appl:

I'd have been pissed if I had gone to today's game. They looked so uninspired; the putatively "elite" D that everyone bangs their drum about looked horrid and indifferent today.


Adrian Peterson had 6 carries. How can you judge if he can fix the running game or not? Youre really going to evaluate a 6 carry game. The line is horrid yeah. But Matt Asiata isn't ever going to help a good line or a bad line. He's just not a good RB and never will be. Simple as that. I'm not sitting here saying our line is good and Matt Asiata is why the running game is bad. I'm just simply saying Asiata is bad which he is

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:50 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Mothman wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Gus Bradley continued coaching for 4 years up until today and only won 14 games. We almost had that last year alone. But Zimmer has one "down" season (as in a .500 record) due to injuries and he's on the hot seat?? I might have to sign off the board tonight to let these overreactors take a chill pill


You're strongly overreacting to some of the comments here yourself so taking the night off might be a good idea.


I'm not overreacting. I'm pointing out how ridiculous some of these overreactions sound

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:51 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4400
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
This defense is overrated?? :roll:

We're top 5 in almost every defensive category except run defense (which we are 18th) but somehow this defense is overrated because they have one bad game and are consistently on the field because the offense can't sustain drives. Makes total sense :confused:

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Posts: 2904
Post Re: Colts @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 15
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
This defense is overrated?? :roll:

We're top 5 in almost every defensive category except run defense (which we are 18th) but somehow this defense is overrated because they have one bad game and are consistently on the field because the offense can't sustain drives. Makes total sense :confused:



Yes, overrated. I'm sick of hearing about what an "ELITE" defense Zimmer has created. This Defense is not elite.

They are good. Period.

6th in scoring and 18th against the run. This is not elite. Elite defenses don't let Matt Stafford drive 60+ yards twice in the final minutes to a comeback win. Elite defenses don't get smoked by a very average Colts team at home. Elite defenses don't get lit up by the bears.

Zimmer has improved the defense. the defense is better than it was under Frazier. But the offense is worse. maybe under Frazier the D was a 5 and the O was a 5. Now the D is a 7 and the O is a 1.

this simply isn't an "ELITE" defense. It's a good defense, not elite, and no amount of :roll: :roll: :roll: will make it so.


Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:05 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 808vikingsfan, Baidu [Spider], dead_poet, ERIK the PURPLE, IrishViking, me4get, mossbutt, PsyDanny, Rhodes Closed, Seier, soflavike, SP1966, ThePiper and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.