Time to go to Heineke

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Time to go to Heineke

Post by fiestavike »

Functionally, this season is done.

If you don't like Bradford, I think it makes sense to let the young guy get some reps and see what happens. He'll probably stink, but that doesn't really make any difference at this point.

If you do like Bradford, we should protect him for next season. The last thing we need is Bradford following Bridgewater onto the PUP and the IR next year.

If henieke looks great, maybe we can con some other team into giving us a 3rd or 4th for Sam and recoup a little bit of the investment. If not, this team is screwed for the foreseeable future anyway!

I can't see any upside to letting Bradford keep playing this year. That really became obvious weeks ago, but oh well. I would have liked to see what the kid could've done with Norv.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Time to go to Heineke

Post by VikingPaul73 »

I agree. Nothing to lose at this point.

Let's see what we've got.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Ha. Its like fricken ground hog day with this team and the most important position. Same old story, same old song and dance. You would think one of these years we would get lucky and draft a real franchise QB. But the beat goes on..........the beat goes on......... Sonny and Cher.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

purplehaze wrote:Ha. Its like fricken ground hog day with this team and the most important position. Same old story, same old song and dance. You would think one of these years we would get lucky and draft a real franchise QB. But the beat goes on..........the beat goes on......... Sonny and Cher.
They need to create better circumstances for a QB to flourish. I'm not a fan of Bradford, but in large part because his deficiencies perfectly magnify the shortcoming of the team around him. He's a disaster for this team at this time. Trading a 1st for him was just insane. He's not going to be the answer next year either...in fact, Bradford is never going to be the answer anywhere, just a guy who can play well enough in ideal circumstances, where, frankly, dozens of QBs could play about as well.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

fiestavike wrote:Functionally, this season is done.

If you don't like Bradford, I think it makes sense to let the young guy get some reps and see what happens. He'll probably stink, but that doesn't really make any difference at this point.

If you do like Bradford, we should protect him for next season. The last thing we need is Bradford following Bridgewater onto the PUP and the IR next year.

If henieke looks great, maybe we can con some other team into giving us a 3rd or 4th for Sam and recoup a little bit of the investment. If not, this team is screwed for the foreseeable future anyway!

I can't see any upside to letting Bradford keep playing this year. That really became obvious weeks ago, but oh well. I would have liked to see what the kid could've done with Norv.
:point:

You must like tormenting yourself. It isn't going to happen, and it shouldn't happen. You don't protect your quarterback for next year in a defective offense like ours. You need him out there doing his part to make it better. You really want us to wait until next September to start trying to improve it? Hilarious. You think it will just improve without actual playing? Just waltz him back out there in September and shazaaam? It doesn't make a bit of sense I'm afraid.

The one we should "rest" is Pat Shurmur. After that stinker I don't think I want to see him again.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Purple Martin wrote: You don't protect your quarterback for next year in a defective offense like ours. You need him out there doing his part to make it better.
That's one way to approach it.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

fiestavike wrote:Functionally, this season is over.
Maybe we should ask the players if they are done for the year. :D
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: They need to create better circumstances for a QB to flourish. I'm not a fan of Bradford, but in large part because his deficiencies perfectly magnify the shortcoming of the team around him. He's a disaster for this team at this time. Trading a 1st for him was just insane. He's not going to be the answer next year either...in fact, Bradford is never going to be the answer anywhere, just a guy who can play well enough in ideal circumstances, where, frankly, dozens of QBs could play about as well.
First off, dozens of QBs could most definitely NOT accomplish what Bradford has this year in the same circumstances. That is asinine and ridiculous.

Teddy's deficiencies seemed to do a similar thing, namely his knack for holding onto the ball too long, poor release, less then ideal arm strength, and his frazzled and erratic pocket presence.

I dont see any area of Bradfords game that pale in comparison to Teddys, save for his straight line running ability. Your narrative on how Bradford is a negative is getting old, you have nothing to support it so why do you stubbornly assert something over and over while consistently refusing to substantiate it with anything more then 'That is how I see it'.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Maybe we should ask the players if they are done for the year. :D
I would hope they aren't, but coaches and management need to make longterm decisions based on the circumstances. Its past time to realize this is not anything close to a championship team in 2016 and for leadership to put an eye toward the future.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

fiestavike wrote: I would hope they aren't, but coaches and management need to make longterm decisions based on the circumstances. Its past time to realize this is not anything close to a championship team in 2016 and for leadership to put an eye toward the future.
I think we should put an eye toward the past, and realize what could have been. If only our coaching staff had realized a year ago what they still don't realize now, that AP is a fumble-fingered liability in big games and using him changes our focus from the pass-first offense we need to be. If only they had realized a year ago what they still don't realize now, that you need an offense that is aggressive and tries to win games on its own rather than trying to stay close and relying on Good Fortune. Honestly I think the Super Bowl is closer in our rear view mirror than it is in our windshield.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Nah. This is Sam's team now - until he is injured or outplayed by Teddy Bridgewater next season.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Nah. This is Sam's team now - until he is injured or outplayed by Teddy Bridgewater next season.
I agree. However I've always been a Heinecke fan, I don't see the point in benching Bradford.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I agree. However I've always been a Heinecke fan, I don't see the point in benching Bradford.
Agree as well......Heinecke stands no chance.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think you let Bradford play against the Packers. And see what team decides to show.
But I'm fine giving some people we want a look at play in the Bears game.
Yesterday's game would have been a prefect opportunity to stick Heinicke in 4th quarter.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Nah. This is Sam's team now - until he is injured or outplayed by Teddy Bridgewater next season.
I think Teddys ability to injure Bradford far exceed his ability to outplay him. :)
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011