Vikings @ Jaguars Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Jaguars Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 14

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

5thWave wrote: h.
Quarterbacks. 8 Dan Orlovsky. 14 Jake Rudock. ...heh.
As in the same Dan Orlovsky who ran out of the end zone for a safety?

Hard to believe the Lions still give him a job after that play.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jordysghost wrote: GB only needs the lions to lose 2 of their last 3.
Nobody cares about Green Bay.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

halfgiz wrote: Is that all... :tongue:
They play NY, DAL, and GB.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Nobody cares about Green Bay.
Oh, because it looks like you mentioned them in the prior post of yours that I quoted.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

5thWave wrote:And now Aaron Rodgers is out of the game with an injury.
Sprained his labia again

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote: Sprained his labia again

Ask AD if he can borrow some of his ointment.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Is Aaron Rodgers injury prone?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Is Aaron Rodgers injury prone?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Aaron Rodgers has missed one game due to injury in his career, outside his injury (Collarbone) in 2013, which kept him out 7 games. That is impressive especially considering his O line used to be worse then your current O line. (For more then one year I might add)

Is AD injury prone? There is much more of an argument there. (Just to let you know if you didnt pick up on it, I dont think AD is injury prone at all, that is the point.)
Last edited by Jordysghost on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

It's always nice to win, but my God, what an uninspiring win that was.

I have just become resolved to the fact that this team is going to force the run game. There is simply no other explanation.

Also, with yet another game without a catch, Laquon Treadwell has reached Jonathan Baldwin-level bad. It is utterly disappointing to not only be struggling offensively, but also to have ZERO contribution from your first round pick.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:It's always nice to win, but my God, what an uninspiring win that was.

I have just become resolved to the fact that this team is going to force the run game. There is simply no other explanation.

Also, with yet another game without a catch, Laquon Treadwell has reached Jonathan Baldwin-level bad. It is utterly disappointing to not only be struggling offensively, but also to have ZERO contribution from your first round pick.
He got hurt within the first few plays of the game and was out for the remainder. So I'm not sure how he's suppose to get a catch if he's hurt
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:It's always nice to win, but my God, what an uninspiring win that was.

Well, after taking the one loss Cowboys to the brink, we made a 2 win team look decent. Is that parity or did we play to the level of the opponent in each case?

Some positives:

1) we had a number of explosive plays (Rudy's big catch, Thielen's sideline grabber, Diggs' gorgeous diving catch over the middle); it was nice to see Bradford get some time for these deeper routes to develop. In pass pro, our OL looked OK yesterday.

2) (Almost) perfect performance from our kicker; if it hadn't been for a false start penalty on the extra point attempt, Forbath would have been perfect. It was important that he made all of those FGs early on. A miss on any of those would have deflated morale.

3) The D got stout in the 4th quarter when they really had to close out the game.

Some negatives:

1) Run game (under 100 yards once again); no run blocking at all. Most of our yards seem to come only when the D is expecting pass.

2) Goal line O; we can't get 6 inches of push from our OL. Asiata ran with heart but forgot to use his brain and exposed the ball unnecessarily on the second TD effort. On the first, he was close enough to justify the attempt. It would be nice to get AD back for these scenarios, but I'm afraid he won't look too much better with this shoddy OL.

3) Rhodes lost his composure. He got beat by Marquis Lee a couple of times and his competitiveness got the better of him.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

I don't think that Bridgewater could have made the throw to Rudolph.....the one where he (SB) was scrambling and kinda threw over some linemen to hit Rudy on the right side of the field (his right) for a big gain. What do you guys think? Thielen again comes up big....I love that guy....except when he fumbles punts :whistle:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

autobon7 wrote:I don't think that Bridgewater could have made the throw to Rudolph.....the one where he (SB) was scrambling and kinda threw over some linemen to hit Rudy on the right side of the field (his right) for a big gain. What do you guys think? Thielen again comes up big....I love that guy....except when he fumbles punts :whistle:
In general, I think Sam is more accurate. On the other hand, Teddy (pre-injury, at least) had better pocket presence, so he wouldn't have had to throw it off one foot as Sam did!

I can imagine Teddy completing that pass. I don't see why not. Sam is more accurate down the field though.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

S197 wrote: Sprained his labia again

minora?
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Texas Vike wrote: In general, I think Sam is more accurate. On the other hand, Teddy (pre-injury, at least) had better pocket presence, so he wouldn't have had to throw it off one foot as Sam did!

I can imagine Teddy completing that pass. I don't see why not. Sam is more accurate down the field though.
TB had more balls tipped or knocked down than SB (it seems...could be wrong). I could see that throw being knocked down if Ted tried that same throw. Who knows. Or maybe he runs and doesn't throw.