View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 If Teddy is 100%, who should be start @ QB next season? 

Assuming Teddy is 100% and has a full offseason, who should start next season?
Teddy Bridgewater 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
Sam Bradford 73%  73%  [ 36 ]
Comedy Option (Spergon Wynn, John David Booty, Donovan McNabb) 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 49

If Teddy is 100%, who should be start @ QB next season? 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post If Teddy is 100%, who should be start @ QB next season?
EDIT - I see many responses are "let them battle it out in camp." This poll is just for fun. The spirit of it is to ask, right now, given what you've seen from Bradford and what you've seen from a 100% Bridgwater, who would you like to see start next season.

Last edited by 720pete on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:35 am
Packers Suck

Post Re: If Teddy is 100%, who should be start @ QB next season?
720pete wrote:
!

Easy. Bradford.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:41 am
Transition Player

I chose Bradford, but whoever wins out is my choice !
I think Bradford is superior to TB in terms of ability to make throws !
I root for the Vikings, not a particular QB ...

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:31 pm
Site Admin

Have a true QB competition in camp.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:39 pm
Commissioner

I'm with Cliff. The Vikings should start the best QB the have. Let Bradford and Bridgewater compete in camp.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:05 pm
Packers Suck

losperros wrote:
I'm with Cliff. The Vikings should start the best QB the have. Let Bradford and Bridgewater compete in camp.

That should take all of 10 minutes.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:34 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I voted Bradford. But really there should be competition and whoever the best option is should be starting.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I voted SB.....I certainly would not be opposed to a competition but feel certain that Bradford would win. I have that serious gut feeing that we may have seen the last of TB....at least on the field.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:40 pm
Career Elite Player

Questionable oline, I choose Teddy.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:50 am
Packers Suck

808vikingsfan wrote:
Questionable oline, I choose Teddy.

That makes no sense, Bradford has a way faster and better release, and while less mobile speed wise, has better pocket presence.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 am
Starter

Bradford. Teddy will make a great backup without a huge falloff in quality, but Bradford clearly wins any competition that involves throwing the football.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:18 am
Hall of Famer

If Bradford consistantly has time to throw he can be deadly like he was in the first five games.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:40 am
Defensive Tackle

I just saw this Pro Football Weekly article this morning:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2016/1 ... r/aa1lyty/

Quote:
If and when Bridgewater is ready to return to action, most likely not until sometime after the opening of the 2017 season, what are the Vikings to do?

The Way We Hear It, that decision has already been made and Bradford is now the Vikings' quarterback of the present and the future.

The 29-year-old Bradford is substantially bigger than Bridgewater at 6-4, 225, more accurate and has a much stronger if not special arm.

While Bridgewater is highly respected among his teammates, Bradford has quickly earned that respect, too.

Whether Bridgewater remains as the backup the next few seasons or is traded remains to be seen, but the Vikings appear to believe there is a lot more upside with Bradford than Bridgewater.

Take it for whatever you think it's worth...

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:51 am
Commissioner

Jordysghost wrote:
losperros wrote:

Maybe, but it's still the right way to do it. Jobs need to be won. It's foolhardy to assume anything else with this offense.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 am
Site Admin

losperros wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
losperros wrote:

Maybe, but it's still the right way to do it. Jobs need to be won. It's foolhardy to assume anything else with this offense.

We also don't know what Teddy would have looked like coming into the season. Based on physical traits alone Bradford is probably the safe bet but I certainly wouldn't count Bridgewater out.

Truthfully, considering their injury history, we really do need both or if Teddy isn't able to play again, we need a viable starting option next to Bradford.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:47 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I have NO confidence in Spielman to invest in a quality candidate as a 3rd QB....he hasnt ever even made a good effort for 2nd stringers.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:57 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Still too soon for this IMO.

Bradford will require significant upgrades to pass protection in order for the team to get the most out of him. Bridgewater's elusiveness and mobility give the team more "cushion" in this department, so does his age. However, they need to upgrade the OL no matter who plays QB, so at least in the near term, ie 2017, that issue is non-starter. In 2018 it will be more interesting. Also, there is no guarantee that TB plays another down in the NFL. Given that he probably won't be 100% until sometime during the 2017 regular season, Bradford will likely continue to be the starter unless he lays an egg in 2017.

Another factor here is AP. If/when he leaves the roster will be a transition both in scheme as well as the type of personnel needed on the OL. I sense that the team knows this though. The OL performance isn't exactly a mystery to anyone.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:11 pm
Packers Suck

mansquatch wrote:

Bradford will require significant upgrades to pass protection in order for the team to get the most out of him. Bridgewater's elusiveness and mobility give the team more "cushion" in this department, so does his age. However, they need to upgrade the OL no matter who plays QB, so at least in the near term, ie 2017, that issue is non-starter. In 2018 it will be more interesting. Also, there is no guarantee that TB plays another down in the NFL. Given that he probably won't be 100% until sometime during the 2017 regular season, Bradford will likely continue to be the starter unless he lays an egg in 2017.

Another factor here is AP. If/when he leaves the roster will be a transition both in scheme as well as the type of personnel needed on the OL. I sense that the team knows this though. The OL performance isn't exactly a mystery to anyone.

Your overvauluing Teddy's scrambling ability, imo, its pretty clear that Bradford's release, pocket presence, decision making and arm strength make him far better at dealing with pressure then Teddy.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 pm
Rookie

Doesn't matter and don't care. Who ever is put back there will be on their #### before anyone is open.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Yeah, none of this matters untill we have 4-5 NEW, talented bonafide NFL quality Offensive linemen and THAT is what what Spielman has not shown any ability to do.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm
Veteran

mansquatch wrote:

Things that make you go hmmm....

Russell Wilson: 12 games, 404 atts, 264 comp, 65.3%, 3,142 yards, 12 tds, 5 ints, comp for 1st downs 144, sacked (mobile right?) 29, sack yards lost 226, rating 93.7, 50 rushes, 188 yards, 1 TD

Sam Bradford: 11 games, 393 atts, 280 comp, 71.2%, 2,662 yards, 13 tds, 3 ints, comp for 1st downs 133, sacked (immobile right?) 28, sack yards lost 204, rating 97.5, 13 rushes, 7 yards, 0 TD

Both have horrendous OL's, Vikings is worse of course and Seattle has a better run game in Rawls/Prociese and the stability at wr with Baldwin and Kearse + Graham give Wilson better weapons too.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 pm
All Pro Elite Player

RFIP wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

Russell Wilson: 12 games, 404 atts, 264 comp, 65.3%, 3,142 yards, 12 tds, 5 ints, comp for 1st downs 144, sacked (mobile right?) 29, sack yards lost 226, rating 93.7, 50 rushes, 188 yards, 1 TD

Sam Bradford: 11 games, 393 atts, 280 comp, 71.2%, 2,662 yards, 13 tds, 3 ints, comp for 1st downs 133, sacked (immobile right?) 28, sack yards lost 204, rating 97.5, 13 rushes, 7 yards, 0 TD

Both have horrendous OL's, Vikings is worse of course and Seattle has a better run game in Rawls/Prociese and the stability at wr with Baldwin and Kearse + Graham give Wilson better weapons too.

Intrestering thanks for sharing!

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:34 pm
Hall of Famer

RFIP wrote:
mansquatch wrote:

Post of the Week. Good stuff, and really surprising.

I think Bradford has been really solid, especially given the state of the O-line. He's a quick decision maker, which is a MUST with TJ & the Four Flops protecting him. TB, who has displayed an annoying tendency to hang on to the ball for too long, might have gotten killed by now.

My vote goes to Sam.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:45 pm
Hall of Famer

I voted Teddy for the poll's sake just to throw him some love lol.

But the only clear choice is to let both guys battle it out throughout the offseason, training camp, and preseason. Sam will obviously have a huge leg up and it would be a major upset if he lost the starting job.

I want to see what happens with Sam's cap number. 17 million is a TON of money to pay a guy who could (but more than likely won't) be a backup.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:03 am
Site Admin

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
I want to see what happens with Sam's cap number. 17 million is a TON of money to pay a guy who could (but more than likely won't) be a backup.

I don't expect it to go down. What leverage do the Vikings have? Especially if Bridgewater can't come back.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:24 am
Defensive Tackle

Cliff wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:

I don't expect it to go down. What leverage do the Vikings have? Especially if Bridgewater can't come back.

The way to bring it down would be to extend the deal.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am
Veteran

Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:

The way to bring it down would be to extend the deal.

Correct but he's not extending with being "the guy" FOR SURE.

This is all a mute point since they have to decide if they are going to pick up Teddy's 5th year option in the spring. If they do (I don't think they will) Sam won't be extending.

If they settle on Sam however then I think a long term deal will easily get done. I believe he really likes playing in MN and for Zim.

Improve the OL, figure out who the RB will be and lets go!

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:44 pm
All Pro Elite Player

everyone forgets that Teddys ability to scramble only led to -
A. short dink and dunk passes (which Bradford can do)
B. throwing it out of bounds, which SEEMED like a great improvement after watching ponder et al throw INTS (which Bradford can do)
C. LOTS of blown down field opportunities

He was very much a guy that we spent a few years holding our breath and hoping for a big forward step in development. We are still waiting. Making him sit on the bench while Bradford starts MIGHT light a fire under the "nice guy" which is exactly what is needed.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:00 am
Veteran

chicagopurple wrote:
B. throwing it out of bounds, which SEEMED like a great improvement after watching ponder et al throw INTS (which Bradford can do)

He was very much a guy that we spent a few years holding our breath and hoping for a big forward step in development. We are still waiting. Making him sit on the bench while Bradford starts MIGHT light a fire under the "nice guy" which is exactly what is needed.

With our Oline we need a mobile QB. Teddy on the run was great.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:15 pm
Packers Suck

YikesVikes wrote:
chicagopurple wrote:

With our Oline we need a mobile QB. Teddy on the run was great.

No he wasnt. He was ok, not even close to great.

There is more to overcoming poor ol play then speed, Bradford is a superior option in that regard due to his better decision making, pocket presence, and arm strength/release.

Bridge with this o line would have surely taken more sacks then Bradford, especially with his tendancy to hold onto the ball too long.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next