Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him

Post by MrPurplenGold »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Personally I've really liked what I've seen out of Easton and Berger still has a good year or two left in him. Center is the least of our problems. It's probably where we have the most depth as we've seen this year. Easton has filled in quite well for Berger when he's been out.

We need a tackle(s) and a solid guard. I'm not worried about LG or Center.

Berger will be 35 when the 2017 season starts. If we don't start developing his replacement we will be in the same boat at the center position that we are with both tackle spots right now. I'm not sold on Easton, he didn't grade out too well in this last game against the colts. If there is a tackle there in the 2nd round worth taking, you obviously take them. If not, and there's a potentially dominant center there, I don't know why you wouldn't consider drafting a center and moving berger to RG where he has played well also.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

MrPurplenGold wrote:

Berger will be 35 when the 2017 season starts. If we don't start developing his replacement we will be in the same boat at the center position that we are with both tackle spots right now. I'm not sold on Easton, he didn't grade out too well in this last game against the colts. If there is a tackle there in the 2nd round worth taking, you obviously take them. If not, and there's a potentially dominant center there, I don't know why you wouldn't consider drafting a center and moving berger to RG where he has played well also.
I agree, you can look at it that way as well with moving Berger to RG. He didnt look too hot there vs the Colts but outside of Kai Forbath nobody looked good that game. I mean I am an Easton "fan" I guess you could say but who's to say he couldnt play right guard too I dont know. All in all, we need to keep every position on the OL a possibility come draft day.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri