View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:54 am



Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him 
Author Message
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7976
Post Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Rick Spielman, should he stay or should he go? (BTW, what happened to the poll option here?).

Please explain why you think what you think. Whats he done good, or bad, or not at all save take home a big pay check (like the other teams hes been on).

Please keep it civil. I will give my thoughts as the thread develops, but for those who could guess, I think he should go.


Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile
Backup

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 pm
Posts: 73
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Keep him of course. Can't blame him for makING a move for bradford. Yes we OVERPAID for him, but every other team was asking for much much more. Can't blame him for this season with all these injuries, even our coach is out. The only thing he did that was questionable was sign jarius wright to a big contract. And to early for the Treadwell pick.

On another note, spielman should go after lions Jim-bob cooterm and hire him for our Offensive Coordinator.


Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:47 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 am
Posts: 209
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
I've wanted him gone since chilly got the boot. He built an above average defense, thanks to zimmer and Frazier's input. However, the state of the offensive line, lack of a game day ready backup qb, competent punter, and continuing with a shell shocked place kicker, is on him. Wasting a first rounder on Bradford has proven to be a mistake. He should have given Peterson the boot, not restructure his contract. And he had 5 years to fix that line and has done nothing. But he has his apologists, and ziggy snowed, so I doubt anything changes this off season.


Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:44 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:02 pm
Posts: 212
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Rick Spielman, should he stay or should he go? (BTW, what happened to the poll option here?).

Please explain why you think what you think. Whats he done good, or bad, or not at all save take home a big pay check (like the other teams hes been on).

Please keep it civil. I will give my thoughts as the thread develops, but for those who could guess, I think he should go.


Keep him obviously.

He secured the QB of the future, one that you can win a SB with provided they make OL priority 1, 2 and 3 next off season. He had a very tight window with which to act and he pulled the trigger on a deal that would have paid off big this year had it not been for horrendous injury luck, but it will pay off next year and for many years to follow.


Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:51 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17794
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
I would keep him for now, but only with the expectation that he fix the offense as quickly as he and Zimmer built the defense. The Vikings have talent on offense EXCEPT FOR the OL. If he needs to trade someone like Wright or even Treadwell to get a decent guard then so be it.

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7976
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
My posts are so terrible. I never get across what I am trying too, and I dont even know what I am saying. Going to have to do some proofread because this and the few other posts ive made over the last week, are very close to my my heart.

Basically Rick has forgotten all important things, except D. Was that their plan? If so, Its not that great of a D. Its darn good but NO D can play when they are on the field most on the time.

We have let the ST (cept CP84 and he was the bench warmer?) and O go so far away, by the time we get to them, the D will all need to be paying and contracted again. And AD is not the answer. The OL is. There's just so many problems though, and when I listen to Rick, and lately Zim, I kind of get a sick spot in my stomach. Like the Browns must be used to. We started out good, but poof, it all went away.


Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:24 pm
Profile
Veteran

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm
Posts: 262
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
We started out good, but poof, it all went away.


Mainly because of key injuries.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:44 am
Profile
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:01 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
My posts are so terrible. I never get across what I am trying too, and I dont even know what I am saying. Going to have to do some proofread because this and the few other posts ive made over the last week, are very close to my my heart.

Basically Rick has forgotten all important things, except D. Was that their plan? If so, Its not that great of a D. Its darn good but NO D can play when they are on the field most on the time.

We have let the ST (cept CP84 and he was the bench warmer?) and O go so far away, by the time we get to them, the D will all need to be paying and contracted again. And AD is not the answer. The OL is. There's just so many problems though, and when I listen to Rick, and lately Zim, I kind of get a sick spot in my stomach. Like the Browns must be used to. We started out good, but poof, it all went away.


No. I don't think so. GMs makes decisions with very limited knowledge. The fact that he has such low turnover is a sign that he is doing a good job. I don't think you should take his responsibilities much farther than that.

I don't think our offense is that many pieces away from being above average. It WAS above average until the OL disintegrated.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 am
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17794
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Muqali wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
My posts are so terrible. I never get across what I am trying too, and I dont even know what I am saying. Going to have to do some proofread because this and the few other posts ive made over the last week, are very close to my my heart.

Basically Rick has forgotten all important things, except D. Was that their plan? If so, Its not that great of a D. Its darn good but NO D can play when they are on the field most on the time.

We have let the ST (cept CP84 and he was the bench warmer?) and O go so far away, by the time we get to them, the D will all need to be paying and contracted again. And AD is not the answer. The OL is. There's just so many problems though, and when I listen to Rick, and lately Zim, I kind of get a sick spot in my stomach. Like the Browns must be used to. We started out good, but poof, it all went away.


No. I don't think so. GMs makes decisions with very limited knowledge. The fact that he has such low turnover is a sign that he is doing a good job. I don't think you should take his responsibilities much farther than that.

I don't think our offense is that many pieces away from being above average. It WAS above average until the OL disintegrated.

I agree but they NEED to address that this off-season. It has been an issue for a long time and has gotten worse thi season. I also wouldn't be opposed to a new WR coach who can teach them how to get separation.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6601
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
He'll stick around even though he doesn't deserve to. It's because of Rick Spielman that we are in this situation this year - we deserve to be in it as well.

Next year is going to be more of the same. I don't see where the quick fixes for the offensive line will be - especially with no first round draft pick.

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:20 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Rick Spielman, should he stay or should he go? (BTW, what happened to the poll option here?).


It's still available. If you hit the edit button to edit your post and then scroll down, you should see it and you should be able to add a poll.

I can add the poll for you if you'd prefer that. Just let me know if you'd like it to to have 2 options ("Stay" or "Go") or if you want something more than that.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:13 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
I've made my position on Spielman clear in recent weeks. I don't think he's the right GM to build a Super Bowl champion in Minnesota and consequently, I think the Vikes need to find a new GM.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm
Posts: 993
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
PurpleMustReign wrote:
I would keep him for now, but only with the expectation that he fix the offense as quickly as he and Zimmer built the defense. The Vikings have talent on offense EXCEPT FOR the OL. If he needs to trade someone like Wright or even Treadwell to get a decent guard then so be it.


Totally agree with your post.....I would also add Pruitt as possible trade bait.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
1.)We have no OL
2.)We have 2 QBs that are questionable..Teddy, who has no downfield ability, and is best valued for being a "good guy" and more likely to throw out of bounds rather then INTS...yawn
AND Bradford who can dink and dunk all day but hasnt been able to show anything meaningful in the red zone or deep.......again, all this is clouded by the UTTER and Complete lack of an OL.
3.) We have lost the opportunity to part ways with AP while he still had trade value. The best RB is our lifetime has been wasted by Spielmans inability to form a winning team around him...That train has left the station. A HUGE waste.
4.) In his entire tenure Spielman has never found a QB coach to actually IMPROVE any of our QB prospects....ever.....
5.) We have had no OL....an no hope of having one other then building from scratch...this late in Spielmans tenure.

time to move on.....we need the Theo Epstein of the NFL...not Spielman. He had his chance and has done nothing.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8071
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Fire Spielman when you're ready to revamp the coaching staff, I think. When you're ready to break the team down and start rebuilding is when you fire Spielman. To me, Zimmer was his "last chance". He put his stamp on everything about this team, at this point, from the coaches down. Many players on the team were drafted specifically for Zimmer's schemes that they both picked out.

I think he should see this coaching staff through until the end and if they can't have success he needs to go.

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:12 am
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:47 am
Posts: 10040
Location: Burbank, California
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
I don't know if Spielman needs to go or not. Most of my dissatisfaction with the team comes from what I've seen as a wide range of mismanagement from more than solely Spielman. I'm including game day decisions, personnel choices and the overall offensive philosophy. If Spielman goes and all that somehow gets fixed, then yeah, he should leave.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:28 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
Posts: 3488
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Cliff wrote:
Fire Spielman when you're ready to revamp the coaching staff, I think. When you're ready to break the team down and start rebuilding is when you fire Spielman. To me, Zimmer was his "last chance". He put his stamp on everything about this team, at this point, from the coaches down. Many players on the team were drafted specifically for Zimmer's schemes that they both picked out.

I think he should see this coaching staff through until the end and if they can't have success he needs to go.



I agree with this.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
I think saying that he built a good defense simply because of Frazier and Zimmer is a pretty ignorant comment if you ask me.

What GM doesnt consult with their coach?? It's not like Spielman is just going to go pick some guy that doesnt fit the scheme or whatever it may be and not consult the coaches about it. So saying that makes no sense to me.

Guys want to bash him for "not building an OL" but wont give him credit for building an elite defense. :roll:

Everyone on here knows my position with him. I think he's a solid GM. He's done a pretty good job of bringing in talent from 2012 to now. He started a complete rebuild. Has he made his mistakes? Of course. Go name me a GM that hasnt.

I stated my position on building the OL in a previous thread. It wasnt as easy and everyone thinks given our draft position in recent years and the OL classes havent been very good at all. Many seem to be freaking out because of how the season is going, however, you can say what you want but not many teams can overcome the injuries that we have had on the offensive side of the ball.

Take Brady, Blount and both OTs off the Patriots
Take Dak, Zeke and both OTs off the Cowboys
Take Carr, Murray and both OTs off the Raiders

.....get my point now?? There is a difference between those teams and us and it's that they are healthy on offense and we are not. Simple as that.

We have nobody leaving on this defense next year which gives us the perfect opportunity to bring in OL and possibly a new RB. I have confidence that Spielman will find a way to do that

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:21 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Cliff wrote:
Fire Spielman when you're ready to revamp the coaching staff, I think. When you're ready to break the team down and start rebuilding is when you fire Spielman. To me, Zimmer was his "last chance". He put his stamp on everything about this team, at this point, from the coaches down. Many players on the team were drafted specifically for Zimmer's schemes that they both picked out.

I think he should see this coaching staff through until the end and if they can't have success he needs to go.


That's a legitimate way to look at it and it's entirely possible that replacing the GM would mean replacing the head coach. That would be up to the new GM.

I carefully considered this issue before reaching my conclusion about how the Vikes should proceed but in the end, I think waiting is postponing the inevitable because I believe Spielman does almost as much to undermine the team's chances of success as he does to help them. A new GM would have the option to keep Zimmer or find a coach who could also use the defensive talent effectively.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:26 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Posts: 3303
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I think saying that he built a good defense simply because of Frazier and Zimmer is a pretty ignorant comment if you ask me.

What GM doesnt consult with their coach?? It's not like Spielman is just going to go pick some guy that doesnt fit the scheme or whatever it may be and not consult the coaches about it. So saying that makes no sense to me.

Guys want to bash him for "not building an OL" but wont give him credit for building an elite defense. :roll:

Everyone on here knows my position with him. I think he's a solid GM. He's done a pretty good job of bringing in talent from 2012 to now. He started a complete rebuild. Has he made his mistakes? Of course. Go name me a GM that hasnt.

I stated my position on building the OL in a previous thread. It wasnt as easy and everyone thinks given our draft position in recent years and the OL classes havent been very good at all. Many seem to be freaking out because of how the season is going, however, you can say what you want but not many teams can overcome the injuries that we have had on the offensive side of the ball.

Take Brady, Blount and both OTs off the Patriots
Take Dak, Zeke and both OTs off the Cowboys
Take Carr, Murray and both OTs off the Raiders

.....get my point now?? There is a difference between those teams and us and it's that they are healthy on offense and we are not. Simple as that.

We have nobody leaving on this defense next year which gives us the perfect opportunity to bring in OL and possibly a new RB. I have confidence that Spielman will find a way to do that



:thumbsup:

This is my position exactly. 5 starters on offense on IR by week 6 the Offense sucks. Why are people surprised? Sometimes it feels like Spielman is getting bashed because he couldn't go 5 deep at OT and be competitive with back up RBs getting the ball.

Offense is painful to watch right now, but I do not see a team in the league who would be competitive on offense with the injuries we've sustained. The only thing that sucks is QB went down first and we traded our 1st to try and save a promising season. Good news is the OL injuries will likely save as an immense amount of cap space if we resign some of these guys.

_________________
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:41 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Guys....the so called "starters" on the OL were crappy to start with. Spielman had Kalil for years and refused to admit he was a failure. He had Sully with a bad back and pretended that he would be a starter again. He drafted Clemmings ( :puke: ), and continued to pin hopes on the likes of Fusco. The problem is NOT that these guys got injured. Even if they were healthy, they are poor choices. And these were his best effort at starters? It was never going to work if your goal is a Super Bowl. If your goal is doing just enough to fill a shiny new stadium with a bunch of thirsty chumps then , yeah, I guess he is the right man for the job.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:48 am
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
mansquatch wrote:
This is my position exactly. 5 starters on offense on IR by week 6 the Offense sucks. Why are people surprised? Sometimes it feels like Spielman is getting bashed because he couldn't go 5 deep at OT and be competitive with back up RBs getting the ball.


So people keep saying and it might feel that way at times but that's not an accurate description of the actual argument against keeping Spielman. It's not just about this season either, a point that's been made clear many times, yet never seems to sink in. :(


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:51 am
Profile
Transition Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm
Posts: 359
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
The question that matters is this...

Can we win a Super Bowl with him as GM ?
Since being the GM are we A Lot better than we were ?
Do we have the personnel to win a SB ?

Can we win a SB with Zimmer as the Head Coach ?

Do we have the coaching staff to win a SB ?

If any of these are answered as "NO"! Then we must find someone that will. Cannot be satisfied with a competitive team. The end result is the only one that matters in this league. We have a beautiful new stadium and an owner that wants to win ? I think ??


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:53 am
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Exactly! The only thing that matters is how close is a person getting you to the top. We have done nothing but spun our wheels since the short period with Favre. We are no where near the organzational structure of the teams that are consistent winners then we were 10 yrs ago. Our scouting and development staff havent shown any improvement. We arent developing good WRs, QBs, OL....the only real improvement has been limited to Defense (the head coaches main focus) and special teams. That is not sufficient.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:01 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 am
Posts: 985
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
some of the first round misfires are alarming. look at what we gave up for patterson and he will most likely be gone next year. and treadwell doesn't even look like he belongs in the nfl (at least not now). we will never see another receiver like moss, but what did he do his rookie year? usually a first round receiver pick will show some signs of potential if they have any. treadwell has 1 freaking catch are you kidding me? it looks like it was a horrible pick simply made because "we needed a receiver." as far as bradford goes, how can anyone really judge him based on this line? with our luck teddy will come back next year and we'll have a qb controversy (of which i think teddy would win as someone noted above just because he is a "good guy."). this team is a mess i don't care who is in charge. this offense will take years to turn around, and with AP likely gone who will run the ball? it's like jim mora when he coached the saints, "we can't run the ball, we can't pass the ball. we suck."


Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:37 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8071
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Mothman wrote:
Cliff wrote:
Fire Spielman when you're ready to revamp the coaching staff, I think. When you're ready to break the team down and start rebuilding is when you fire Spielman. To me, Zimmer was his "last chance". He put his stamp on everything about this team, at this point, from the coaches down. Many players on the team were drafted specifically for Zimmer's schemes that they both picked out.

I think he should see this coaching staff through until the end and if they can't have success he needs to go.


That's a legitimate way to look at it and it's entirely possible that replacing the GM would mean replacing the head coach. That would be up to the new GM.

I carefully considered this issue before reaching my conclusion about how the Vikes should proceed but in the end, I think waiting is postponing the inevitable because I believe Spielman does almost as much to undermine the team's chances of success as he does to help them. A new GM would have the option to keep Zimmer or find a coach who could also use the defensive talent effectively.


I think they both would need to go at the same time. I think it's clear that they're both responsible for the ideology and player acquisitions (draft as well as FA) that has shaped this team over the last couple of years. It doesn't make sense to me to dump one and not the other at this point to me.

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:53 pm
Profile
Defensive Tackle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Posts: 37219
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Cliff wrote:
I think they both would need to go at the same time. I think it's clear that they're both responsible for the ideology and player acquisitions (draft as well as FA) that has shaped this team over the last couple of years. It doesn't make sense to me to dump one and not the other at this point to me.


That's usually what ends up happening and a new GM would probably want to hire a new HC.

Basically, what I was trying to say is I don't think they should hold off on making a change at GM just because of Zimmer. I can imagine a scenario in which a new GM might think he was worth keeping as the head coach.

I doubt either the HC or GM is going anywhere after this season so this is really just an exercise in expressing our opinions anyway. :)


Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:06 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:47 am
Posts: 10040
Location: Burbank, California
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
Mothman wrote:
I carefully considered this issue before reaching my conclusion about how the Vikes should proceed but in the end, I think waiting is postponing the inevitable because I believe Spielman does almost as much to undermine the team's chances of success as he does to help them. A new GM would have the option to keep Zimmer or find a coach who could also use the defensive talent effectively.


You have to wonder if a new GM would butt heads with Mike Zimmer, should he keep Zimmer around. Personally, I'd like to see Zimmer get at least a couple more years to see what he can do. Does that mean Spielman stays?

Thing is, Jim, I keep wondering if the offensive struggles are due to a lack of foresight by Spielman or because a defensive-minded head coach thought a game manager QB, running game, and a small ball offense would work with a great defense. I don't know. Maybe I'm over-complicating the issue.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:15 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1269
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
I dont believe that Zimmer was the driving force behind our trades and drafts the last 2 yrs. He is very much a company man ad wouldnt publicly criticize the GM. I can only hold Spielman responsible. If a team is run properly the owner shuts up and lets the GM make the calls regarding drafts and deals. The GM chooses coaches, support staff, scouts etc. A new GM might very well prefer to keep Zim and see what he can do with some new reasonable talent.


Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Posts: 4618
Location: Watertown, NY
Post Re: Rick Spielman, what should the Vikes do with him
mosscarter wrote:
some of the first round misfires are alarming. look at what we gave up for patterson and he will most likely be gone next year. and treadwell doesn't even look like he belongs in the nfl (at least not now). we will never see another receiver like moss, but what did he do his rookie year? usually a first round receiver pick will show some signs of potential if they have any. treadwell has 1 freaking catch are you kidding me? it looks like it was a horrible pick simply made because "we needed a receiver." as far as bradford goes, how can anyone really judge him based on this line? with our luck teddy will come back next year and we'll have a qb controversy (of which i think teddy would win as someone noted above just because he is a "good guy."). this team is a mess i don't care who is in charge. this offense will take years to turn around, and with AP likely gone who will run the ball? it's like jim mora when he coached the saints, "we can't run the ball, we can't pass the ball. we suck."


-Since 2012, he really hasnt had many "first round misfires" but ok? Patterson I guess you could say?? Floyd?? Although Floyd is good, just cant stay healthy and it was a good pick at the time IMO because we just had Kevin Williams leaving and had no DT depth

-See no reason why Patterson will be gone next year with how he's played this year but ok?

-We didn't draft Treadwell just because we "needed a WR". He was arguably the best WR in college football that year. It was a step to improve this offense. Clearly we didnt "need" a WR that much since he's not playing much. And to be honest, I am so unbelievably sick of hearing the over reactors on here saying "Treadwell is a bust". Everyone said the same thing about Waynes last year and now look. We had surprises this year like Thielen and Patterson so there was no reason to rush Treadwell into action. Give it a rest already.

-Also, you're falling under that category of over reactors. This team is a mess?? Is it?? Are you sure? Because last time I checked, we dont have any legitimate threat leaving on this defense next year so the whole defense is back. Offensively, I would say we need two things. Offensive line and a RB. Now if you've been paying attention to college football, you would know that this years RB class is unbelievably good and deep. Similar to the year of Gurley, Gordon, Johnson, Coleman, etc. Maybe even better. We ALSO have 2 third and fourth round picks along with our 2nd round pick. Yeah sucks we dont have a first but doubled up in two other rounds helps. This gives us plenty of opportunity to draft OL and a RB. AND if we cut AP that frees up boat loads of money that we could also use in FA. So no, I dont believe this offense will take "years" to rebuild. It will take 1-2 years if we play our cards right which of course is a big if. However, I am really not worried nor am I going to sit here and overreact.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:54 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.