The Legacy of 2016

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Re: The Legacy of 2016

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

TSonn - I like all your posts. You have a positive out look like me.

SKOL
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

The-Purple-Reign wrote:TSonn - I like all your posts. You have a positive out look like me.

SKOL
Ooo, a look into my post history might say otherwise. Especially in the game day threads! I wanted to make this post after feeling guilty about being super negative about the 2016 season. Thanks for the shout out though!

I like that people contributed to this thread after my original post. Another poster on Reddit recently said we have a lot of bright spots on this team just unfortunately we also have a black hole on the offensive line which prevents the rest from shinning right now. I agree.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

losperros wrote: I think losing Trae Waynes would be a huge mistake for the Vikings. Seems to me the kid is really coming along and learning his craft in one of the most difficult positions in the NFL. Keep him!

I like Rhodes and Captain a lot as well. In fact, I don't think CB is any kind of problem for the Vikings right now.
Well agreed but for the record I wasn't suggesting we cut Trae....just suggesting we should keep Newman another year
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

chicagopurple wrote:the disturbing thing is that we dont seem to have the scouts/developmental coaches to groom guys like Waynes, CP, etc ...the talent is drafted then just fizzles.
I would disagree here on some level. CP is finally developing and look what they've accomplished with Rhodes. The failure seems to remain in the inability to develop the o-line.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
vatusay
Starter

Post by vatusay »

Mirror image of 2006.

Hope it ends the exact same way, too.

Vikings would win.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

chicagopurple wrote:the disturbing thing is that we dont seem to have the scouts/developmental coaches to groom guys like Waynes, CP, etc ...the talent is drafted then just fizzles.
Apparently you're forgetting when Rhodes was first here. Or Sendejo. Thielen has gotten substantially better. Captain looked downright bad at times, and now he's holding his own. Shamar Stephen.

Hunter has improved.. I could go on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk