Cowboys @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 13

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Cowboys @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 13

Post by halfgiz »

Harrison smith leaves locker room on crutches with left ankle in a walking boot says he can't feel a lot
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

Post by The-Purple-Reign »

Nunin wrote: they are debating why the pass sailed high. evidently there are people posting here that haven't thrown many footballs, or baseballs, or rocks at anything.
I understand that. I'me just debating those who will inevitable pull the "no, we played terrible the whole game, and that's what cost us." card. When people start saying that, my comment stands against it.
Last edited by The-Purple-Reign on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Crax wrote:Refs didn't miss it, just are blind

Bradford said the referee told him he didn't get hit in the face mask. :o
The one arm of the defender actually shielded the hand on the other arm, so from the ref's angle it might have looked like a hit to the shoulder and not to the head.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

VikingLord wrote: I think the team would be far more dangerous with more consistency in all facets of the game. The offensive line has serious talent issues, but the entire team struggles with basic consistency and in my view all have contributed to the loses this year.
The OL is very inconsistent and you want the offense to be consistent, it just isn't logical.
Viking fan since '65
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

halfgiz wrote:Harrison smith leaves locker room on crutches with left ankle in a walking boot says he can't feel a lot
Well, why not? Everybody else is hurt.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:Harrison smith leaves locker room on crutches with left ankle in a walking boot says he can't feel a lot
I'd be so scared if I was the equipment guy. We're on pace for him getting hit by a bus.
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

fiestavike wrote: OK Smartass.

He has a significant injury which is career threatening. We DONT KNOW if he will come back from that.

The Vikings indicate that they DONT EXPECT HIM BACK next year in their public comments about Bradford and the importance of the 2nd year. We DONT KNOW for sure that he won't be back, we do know they don't expect him back.

We DO KNOW that is contract is up after that, and the Vikings will have to address the position long term BEFORE then or go into the season with a guy returning from catastophic injury as their presumed started

Perhaps your reasoning skills aren't too sharp, but most of us can read between the lines.
my god what an ugly tone....
Nunin
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Nunin »

spielman is searching craigslist...the team is out of crutches
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

VikingLord wrote: The one arm of the defender actually shielded the hand on the other arm, so from the ref's angle it might have looked like a hit to the shoulder and not to the head.
Well, if he said that then Corrente is clearly wrong. Maybe he should tell Bradford he didn't see it? That's the truth of the situation.
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

This Vikings team has got so many injuries on it and they held a top tier team to 17 points. One or two plays going our way and its a different result.
Viking fan since '65
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

.[/quote]
my god what an ugly tone....[/quote]

Ugly tone, expect it after this close loss to a 10-1 team.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

TSonn wrote: Well, if he said that then Corrente is clearly wrong. Maybe he should tell Bradford he didn't see it? That's the truth of the situation.
Yeah, a "I didn't see it" would go along with that, vs trying to hide you were out of position and didn't do your job
The-Purple-Reign
Starter

me4get wrote:This Vikings team has got so many injuries on it and they held a top tier team to 17 points. One or two plays going our way and its a different result.
Yup, the point I've been trying to make.
RFIP
Veteran

Post by RFIP »

Refs didn't miss it, just are blind

Bradford said the referee told him he didn't get hit in the face mask. :o[/quote]

The one arm of the defender actually shielded the hand on the other arm, so from the ref's angle it might have looked like a hit to the shoulder and not to the head.[/quote]

Well, if he said that then Corrente is clearly wrong. Maybe he should tell Bradford he didn't see it? That's the truth of the situation.[/quote]
Yeah, a "I didn't see it" would go along with that, vs trying to hide you were out of position and didn't do your job[/quote]

The play in question (well not really in question): http://deadspin.com/officials-missed-a- ... 1789588104
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

OK Smartass.

He has a significant injury which is career threatening. We DONT KNOW if he will come back from that.

The Vikings indicate that they DONT EXPECT HIM BACK next year in their public comments about Bradford and the importance of the 2nd year. We DONT KNOW for sure that he won't be back, we do know they don't expect him back.

We DO KNOW that is contract is up after that, and the Vikings will have to address the position long term BEFORE then or go into the season with a guy returning from catastophic injury as their presumed started

Perhaps your reasoning skills aren't too sharp, but most of us can read between the lines.
my god what an ugly tone....
Defense mode.

The ALLCAPS and personal attack at the end actually had this guy thinking it made his point more valid.

Purplereign: Look at your response though...Backpedaling. I called out the bs and you're still going with the uncertainty's..."don't expect him back....public comments...we don't know..."

My reasoning and comprehension skills are plentiful. You have no clue what you're talking about. That's fine.
Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.