Zimmer may miss Cowboys game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Zimmer may miss Cowboys game

Post by chicagopurple »

a strong HC who built a solid coaching staff around himself should tolerate this well. I would be surprised if Priefer is not in lock-step with Zims strategy (even if I dont agree with it at times) and will not deviate much. I doubt this will hurt us much...who knows maybe Priefer will do a "This ones for the Gipper" speech and motivate our team to play out of its mind!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

chicagopurple wrote:a strong HC who built a solid coaching staff around himself should tolerate this well. I would be surprised if Priefer is not in lock-step with Zims strategy (even if I dont agree with it at times) and will not deviate much. I doubt this will hurt us much...who knows maybe Priefer will do a "This ones for the Gipper" speech and motivate our team to play out of its mind!

Conversely he could also utilized the defense differently and we have a dominate return to form... and questions will fly...
TriceStyle
Backup

Post by TriceStyle »

I suppose this keeps the Oline and offense in tact also. Why mess with it at this point if theyre trying to get things fixed.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Just announced Zimmer will not be at the game. Preifer will be HC
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

So who's calling defensive plays, I wonder?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cliff wrote:So who's calling defensive plays, I wonder?
Edwards.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Priefer is a very good coach, but I think this is to allow Shurmur to focus strictly on running the offense though. Taking any concentration away from that unit is the last thing they want to do.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Well that's unfortunate. Hope Zim makes a full recovery. The Odin eyepatch is a funny thought though as long as he doesn't lose an eye. :govikes:
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

You know it's been a bad year for injuries when the head coach goes down. Who blessed the new stadium, a voodoo priest?

Hope he'll be okay. At least they'll have a couple extra days of rest this week.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote:I hope it goes well for Zimmer and everything comes out great.

If it doesn't though, how mean would Zimmer look on the sideline with an eyepatch? Maybe he'll get a scar on his opposite cheek or something too.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote:You know it's been a bad year for injuries when the head coach goes down. Who blessed the new stadium, a voodoo priest?

Jordy
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Cliff wrote:I hope it goes well for Zimmer and everything comes out great.

If it doesn't though, how mean would Zimmer look on the sideline with an eyepatch? Maybe he'll get a scar on his opposite cheek or something too.
The Raiders would want to sign him in that event...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Some good news:

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer returns to duties following eye surgery
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, who missed last Thursday’s game against Dallas following emergency eye surgery, has returned to his coaching duties, general manager Rick Spielman announced Monday.

In a statement released Monday morning, Spielman said that Zimmer is expected to travel with the team to Jacksonville for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.

Zimmer had surgery last Wednesday night to repair a detached retina, the third surgery on his right eye in November. The 17-15 loss to the Cowboys at U.S. Bank Stadium was the first game he had missed in 23 years as an NFL head coach and assistant.

The Vikings will return to practice Tuesday; Zimmer is next scheduled to speak with the media at 11 a.m. Wednesday.